Osi's trade value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi's trade value

Ok, GM game - you are approached to trade Osi ahead of trade deadline.

What is the absolute minimum draft pick you need to agree to this?

No more than five word answers.

GO.

Re: Osi's trade value

onfield value > what you'd get in a trade

keep him and make him play the last year.
    sigpic

Comment

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]onfield value > what you'd get in a trade

keep him and make him play the last year.[/quote]

x2

Comment

2 and 5

Comment

[quote user="Voldamort"]2 and 5[/quote]

How'd that work out in the Shockey trade ?

Hint: It didn't

Comment

Doing something or not doing something because a smart decision of value didn't work out in the past is the epitome of stupidity.

That said I'm not advocating trading Osi - but if we cant extend him and he will be a headache again a 2nd and a 5th is good value.

Comment

[quote user="Gimaniac"][quote user="Voldamort"]2 and 5[/quote]

Hint: It didn't[/quote]

If only Jeremy could shut his mouth......maybe he'd have two rings and actually play in the superbowl this time.

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]Doing something or not doing something because a smart decision of value didn't work out in the past is the epitome of stupidity.

That said I'm not advocating trading Osi - but if we cant extend him and he will be a headache again a 2nd and a 5th is good value.[/quote]

Yes, name calling works well when you have no point to make.

Comment

[quote user="ShakeNBake"][quote user="Gimaniac"][quote user="Voldamort"]2 and 5[/quote]

Hint: It didn't[/quote]

If only Jeremy could shut his mouth......maybe he'd have two rings and actually play in the superbowl this time.
                  [/quote]

I agree with you on the shutting his mouth point... However he has 2 rings and he did play in a superbowl... Even caught a touchdown pass...

Comment

POint was made and didn't call anyone a name.

Comment

If you want short answers,go tweet yourself.

Comment

Shockley does have 2 rings. One with NYG and the other with the Saints.

Comment

The best you can expect for a 30+ old,even great pass rusher with health questions is a 3rd rounder.The only thing we do have going for us, however,is that we're not in a if we don't trade him we'll have to cut him because we can't afford next years cap #.Like Peyton,for instance.He's worth nothing trade wise.The Colts are going to have to release him.At 4 million,Osi's not a trade or release guy.It really comes down to what or if Reese actually promised Osi something.Only Osi and Reese know the truth.If Reese promised Osi a new deal,I expect he'll honor that and trade him somewhere they'll pay him what we can't or won't.He'll get the most he can.If Reese didn't promise anything,he holds the moral highground between the 2 men.He doesn't need to except a lowball offer and has every right to make Osi play out this last year.Whatever happens will speak volumns.Osi knows the truth.If Reese makes him return,he won't be happy.But if Reese didn't promise Osi anything,Osi's gonna have to suck it up and perform towards free agency the next year.If Reese did promise Osi and doesn't deliver,then it's gonna get ugly.And Osi would have every right to make it ugly.Ugly doesn't help either guy or the team.It really doubt it'll come to that.If Osi's telling the truth Reese will trade him or upgrade next year.If no promise was made,Osi may,like it or not,have to suck it up.Becoming a cancer and tanking it doesn't make Osi money going foward if Reese brings him back.And if Reese brings him back,I'll believe no promises were made.Your Question is a good one.Why you wouldn't want people to explain thier answer,however,baffles me.Sorry about the go tweet yourself comment.Thought it was a good line.Also,sorry again if this post goes up without spacing.I spaced.I'm more Bill Walsh then Bill Gates when it comes to computer skills.

Comment

I can almost see what will happen. Although Osi was instrumental in the resurgence of the defense late in the season, his value has actually dropped from the previous season due to his injury this year. I see Osi playing for the Giants next season , but he will holdout to avoid camp (ala Strahan) and the media will make a huge deal out of it and say Osi is a cancer, malcontent, etc...

The reality is Osi is under contract next season whether he likes it or not. I keep reading all the articles about what are the Giants gonna do about Osi! Simple they don't HAVE to do anything! Causing problems or sitting out next season will only hurt his stock! Osi is not an idiot! He knows this and will play his butt off as he always does when on the field!

Comment

[quote user="pica01"]The best you can expect for a 30+ old,even great pass rusher with health questions is a 3rd rounder.The only thing we do have going for us, however,is that we're not in a if we don't trade him we'll have to cut him because we can't afford next years cap #.Like Peyton,for instance.He's worth nothing trade wise.The Colts are going to have to release him.At 4 million,Osi's not a trade or release guy.It really comes down to what or if Reese actually promised Osi something.Only Osi and Reese know the truth.If Reese promised Osi a new deal,I expect he'll honor that and trade him somewhere they'll pay him what we can't or won't.He'll get the most he can.If Reese didn't promise anything,he holds the moral highground between the 2 men.He doesn't need to except a lowball offer and has every right to make Osi play out this last year.Whatever happens will speak volumns.Osi knows the truth.If Reese makes him return,he won't be happy.But if Reese didn't promise Osi anything,Osi's gonna have to suck it up and perform towards free agency the next year.If Reese did promise Osi and doesn't deliver,then it's gonna get ugly.And Osi would have every right to make it ugly.Ugly doesn't help either guy or the team.It really doubt it'll come to that.If Osi's telling the truth Reese will trade him or upgrade next year.If no promise was made,Osi may,like it or not,have to suck it up.Becoming a cancer and tanking it doesn't make Osi money going foward if Reese brings him back.And if Reese brings him back,I'll believe no promises were made.Your Question is a good one.Why you wouldn't want people to explain thier answer,however,baffles me.Sorry about the go tweet yourself comment.Thought it was a good line.Also,sorry again if this post goes up without spacing.I spaced.I'm more Bill Walsh then Bill Gates when it comes to computer skills.[/quote]

Sobasically what you are saying is the Giants aren't in a trade or cut situation with Osi and whatever went on between Osi and Reese is between them and they of course know the truth. One sentence same idea was put across.

BTW....you do ramble and repeat yourself in many of your posts/responses. Just sayin'...[]

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                              X