Ramses Barden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ramses Barden

U guys realize that we need some depth right?

Comment

besides nicks and cruz (assuming manningham is gone) he is the only other WR who really knows the playbook.* The other WRs on the roster include: Jerrel Jernigan, Devin Thomas, Michael Clayton, and Domenik Hixon (I always thought Hixon was a better KR/PR than a WR besides this is his second ACL tear on the same knee).* These guys are on the practice squad: Isiah Stanback, Dan DePalma.* So in terms of familiarity Barden and Hixon are the guys and Barden seems like the more logical choice.* On another note, I wouldn't be surprised if Reese drafts a WR in the 3rd-5th round.* We kinda need that solid 3rd receiving option to facilitate Eli and it becomes more important when our TE situation is taken into consideration.

Comment

Barden needs to show he can help this offense. He has shown very little in his time here.

Comment

[quote user="cken"]If anything, try and make Barden a really big slot possession guy, sure has had enough time to study the offense to run the option routes inside...[/quote]

Barden would be the WORST slot receiver in the history of the league. Im a Barden supporter but the idea of Barden in the middle of the field? Thats insane. Guy is injury prone as it is.

Besides, Cruz excels in the slot... its what he does now.

Barden would be our #3 receiver but would stay outside by the sidelines or go deep down the middle. Not a slot receiver tho. Thats just nuts.
          sigpic
          BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dump Barden, who has show absolutely N O T H I N G , and find a way to keep Manningham. Makes the most sense. Everyone talking about Barden's size and "upside", has to realize he had 3 years to show anything, so, don't waste more time and money on this "project". Keep Manningham and draft another "project" if we insist on keeping these sorts of players. No one will pick Barden up because he has done nothing and other teams have their own guys and draft picks to develop. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

When he's been active he's been used in the slot. He's said he feels comfortable there.

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]When he's been active he's been used in the slot. He's said he feels comfortable there.[/quote]

He must have referred to the hospital bed he has been crashing on after playing the slot position.
                sigpic
                BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="2178"]Dump Barden, who has show absolutely N O T H I N G , and find a way to keep Manningham. Makes the most sense. Everyone talking about Barden's size and "upside", has to realize he had 3 years to show anything, so, don't waste more time and money on this "project". Keep Manningham and draft another "project" if we insist on keeping these sorts of players. No one will pick Barden up because he has done nothing and other teams have their own guys and draft picks to develop. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]
                  It's not so easy when cap-wise, you're in a hole. Manningham will likely be offered contracts the Giants simply can't afford.
                  I'd rather re-sign Devin Thomas and have a competition between him, Barden and Jernigan for that #3 role.

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"][quote user="Flip Empty"]When he's been active he's been used in the slot. He's said he feels comfortable there.[/quote]

He must have referred to the hospital bed he has been crashing on after playing the slot position.[/quote]
                    Haha, probably.

Found the quote:
                    I’ve played more slot than I have anywhere else. It’s actually a surprise to me I’m comfortable there

If you’d have asked me that coming out of college, I’d have been like, ‘Slot? What are you talking about?‘

But slot is fun. There’s always a way to win. It’s a mind game as much as it is anything.
                    source

Comment

[quote user="Tuckit91"]I dont see where hes had a real chance to show what he can do..He was hurt or didnt get to play and one reason is because of the 3 in front of him.[/quote]

I think that had a ton to do with it. It will still take an impressive camp to get him on the field. Thomas and Jernigan were return men so they had more utility....

Comment

[quote user="cken"]I feel like the Plax 2.0 project has shifted to the Plax with Crack-Speed on Steroids project in Hakeem Nicks. I think that the void of Plax has been filled by an upgrade through Nicks and Steve Smith's void has been filled by an upgrade through the Cruz emergence. If anything, try and make Barden a really big slot possession guy, sure has had enough time to study the offense to run the option routes inside...[/quote]

Can he block, maybe he can take over Ballard's roll

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="2178"]Dump Barden, who has show absolutely N O T H I N G , and find a way to keep Manningham. Makes the most sense. Everyone talking about Barden's size and "upside", has to realize he had 3 years to show anything, so, don't waste more time and money on this "project". Keep Manningham and draft another "project" if we insist on keeping these sorts of players. No one will pick Barden up because he has done nothing and other teams have their own guys and draft picks to develop. Just my 2 cents.[/quote] It's not so easy when cap-wise, you're in a hole. Manningham will likely be offered contracts the Giants simply can't afford. I'd rather re-sign Devin Thomas and have a competition between him, Barden and Jernigan for that #3 role.[/quote]

Everyone seems to be forgetting that they should up Cruz also, Mario is going to have to take a decent offer and stay, he only plays 12 regular games a year anyway, won't get big money offers elsewhere. Who else will put up with him missing time every year?

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

I like MM but i personally think Devin Thomas got a bad start with Redskins. I would not be surprised to see him flourish with Manning at the helm.
                            sigpic
                            BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wasn't Barden listed as inactive for the last couple games? I don't think he was injured. It might just be that he doesn't contribute as much to special teams, but it probably isn't a good sign that he's listed as inactive even while healthy.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]I give Barden 1 more year regardless if MM is gone or not. I don't expect much from Barden, but I'll give him one more shot.

Looks like Beckum won't be around next year anyway, so there will be a roster spot for Barden. Even if we draft another WR, which I fully expect.[/quote]

We kept Moss until he qualified for Medicare []
                                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                                X