Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heard of talks of the NFL thinking of adding another team (Fantasy Expansion Draft)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard of talks of the NFL thinking of adding another team (Fantasy Expansion Draft)

If I remember correctly, when the Texans came into the league we had to put 5? of our players into this expansion draft. I think the benefit for each team was that the players contract would not count against them or the team would not penalized ...something like that.

Anyway if you had to choose 5 players to give up from our Superbowl champion team (Lets just assume everyone from the team is under contract) who would it be?

5) Rocky Bernard
    4) Domenik Hixon
    3) DJ Ware
    2) K Mac

and #1...Will Blackmon

Re: Heard of talks of the NFL thinking of adding another team (Fantasy Expansion Draft)

I'd ship Travis Beckham out :-)

Comment

Re: Heard of talks of the NFL thinking of adding another team (Fantasy Expansion Draft)

I heard about that too. Goodell said that the NFL wants a team in LA, but doesn't want a team to move and if they were to expand they would expand by two in order to keep an even number of teams. But then a few days later, he backtracked and said that the NFL has no plans to expand in the near future. He kind of contradicted himself: we want a team in LA but we don't want any existing teams to move to LA and we don't want to add a new team(s).

Comment

[quote user="Pakman"]If I remember correctly, when the Texans came into the league we had to put 5? of our players into this expansion draft. I think the benefit for each team was that the players contract would not count against them or the team would not penalized ...something like that.

Anyway if you had to choose 5 players to give up from our Superbowl champion team (Lets just assume everyone from the team is under contract) who would it be?

5) Rocky Bernard
        4) Domenik Hixon
        3) DJ Ware
        2) K Mac

and #1...Will Blackmon

[/quote]

Well for the sake of argument, Hixon would not be eligible due to IR, and KMac wouldn't due to FA. But first things first, anyone who is going to get cut anyway and will count against the salary cap, like Diehl. They probably won't get selected due to their contract, but it's a win-win either way.

Comment

It didnt work that way, lol.

Otherwise every team would just give up their worst players.

I think it was more like every team could protect 7 of their players, and the expansion team could poach anyone else it wanted.

Comment

The city that deserves the expansion team the most if I had a say would be San Antonio. They would get great crowds too. In fact, I would not be shocked if the Raiders moved to SACRAMENTO. Yes I said it. Sacramento guarantees them a new stadium and they ship out there and still get to keep their old fan base (only a two hour commute from Oakland I know I'd drive 2 hours to see the Gmen.)

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]It didnt work that way, lol.

I think it was more like every team could protect 7 of their players, and the expansion team could poach anyone else it wanted.[/quote]

[link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_NFL_Expansion_Draft[/link]

Comment

http://Existing teams were not allow...[7][9]

So at least follow the rules then.

Comment

[quote user="Giants10Joe"]I heard about that too. Goodell said that the NFL wants a team in LA, but doesn't want a team to move and if they were to expand they would expand by two in order to keep an even number of teams. But then a few days later, he backtracked and said that the NFL has no plans to expand in the near future. He kind of contradicted himself: we want a team in LA but we don't want any existing teams to move to LA and we don't want to add a new team(s).
                  [/quote]

There was also a lot of talk about a new team in London 3 or 4 years ago, I guess that has cooled off too.
                  8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]The city that deserves the expansion team the most if I had a say would be San Antonio. They would get great crowds too. In fact, I would not be shocked if the Raiders moved to SACRAMENTO. Yes I said it. Sacramento guarantees them a new stadium and they ship out there and still get to keep their old fan base (only a two hour commute from Oakland I know I'd drive 2 hours to see the Gmen.)[/quote]I drove near 9 hours one way to see the GMEN lol

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]It didnt work that way, lol.

I think it was more like every team could protect 7 of their players, and the expansion team could poach anyone else it wanted.[/quote]

Um no. So a new team would be able to take Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Tuck, JPP, Snee from us?

No. Learn the rules.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan39"][quote user="slipknottin"]It didnt work that way, lol.

Um no. So a new team would be able to take Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Tuck, JPP, Snee from us?

No. Learn the rules.
                        [/quote]did you even read his post?

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="giantsfan39"][quote user="slipknottin"]It didnt work that way, lol.

No. Learn the rules.
                          [/quote]did you even read his post?

[/quote]

yea yea. Still doesn't make his post right. Protecting 7 players means nothing.

I was using those players by saying they could essentially take one away from us.

Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Tuck, JPP, Kiwi, Osi, Webster, Prince, boley, Bradshaw, Snee.

So we could lose 5 of those players?

Teams have more than 7 good players.

No.

Comment

the existing teams did not really "protect' any players at all.
                            each team was required to "expose" 5 players of their choice , excluding ; kickers , 10 year vets and free agents.

its all semantics , if you want a "protected" number , then you're talkin' 48 plus the practice squad.
                            due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
                            my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Comment

[quote user="stormblue"]the existing teams did not really "protect' any players at all.
                              each team was required to "expose" 5 players of their choice , excluding ; kickers , 10 year vets and free agents.

its all semantics , if you want a "protected" number , then you're talkin' 48 plus the practice squad.[/quote]

Yeah I knew there were players that were "exposed" to the draft.

Jessie Armstead was put into the expansion draft and the Texans passed on him...from what I remember

Comment

Working...
                              X