In each of the Giants super bowl runs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In each of the Giants super bowl runs

In every Giants super bowl run even the one you lost is there any teams that you were very happy you didnt face in the playoffs or in the super bowl that would have been a threat to beat you guys? For example I am very happy the Packers didn't face the Broncos in the super bowl in 1996, instead we got the Patriots. Your thoughts on these?

Re: In each of the Giants super bowl runs

Saints at the Saints this year

Comment

Didn't want to face the saints in this playoff run, We all see what happens to teams that go to New Orleans......They get destroyed lol

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

NFC was so beastly this year, that I didn't really want to play any of the teams! lol
        I am however a bit grateful that the Patriots limped into the superbowl, winning the AFCCG on a missed FG by Baltimore. Baltimore would have given us more problems defensively most likely. And then it would have been our D trying to shut down ray rice, and making sure we hit Flacco every play. So there would have been alot more going on I think.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I think we could of beat the Saints if we played them again up here. Them coming to Lambeau in January would have froze them out and they would have struggled offensively. I think we matchup better with them and the 49ers then the Giants anyday. We just dont matchup with New York. Also you guys are right about the Saints at home, I actually think they went undefeated at home this year.

Comment

Oh,believe me when I say that every Giant fan loved the 9er's beating the Saints.Otherwise,I don't remember getting a break on other runs.Hey,winning 3 superbowls as underdog proves that.Beating 2 teams that alot of experts thought were almost unbeatable in the 91 Bill's and 07 Pat's speaks to that.Not to mention your 2011 Packers.After the reg season win you knew we were dangerous,but how shocked were Packer fans how easy the playoff win in GB was?

Comment

In the end the only teams that had a chance of beating us were teams with GREAT QB's. We faced the best defense in the playoffs in the 49ers and won.

If we faced the Ravens my confidence going into the game would of been 10x's higher.

I am glad we didn't face the Saints, but IDC WE ARE THE CHAMPS!

Comment

JP.I sort of agree with you about the Ravens.It wasn't a no brainer but I preferred the Pat's given our history with them.Our offense against an average,at best,defense.Our defense against a great,but horizontal passing attack with no deep verticle threat and no running game.And to lose again to Ray Lewis,friend of murderers,would've sucked.

Comment

[quote user="pica01"]Oh,believe me when I say that every Giant fan loved the 9er's beating the Saints.Otherwise,I don't remember getting a break on other runs.Hey,winning 3 superbowls as underdog proves that.Beating 2 teams that alot of experts thought were almost unbeatable in the 91 Bill's and 07 Pat's speaks to that.Not to mention your 2011 Packers.After the reg season win you knew we were dangerous,but how shocked were Packer fans how easy the playoff win in GB was?[/quote]
                  Very shocked. Hopefully we can avoid seeing you guys in the postseason next year. I think if we can do that we can go on a super bowl run.

Comment

Hey,we beat the 49er's because of special teams.The 9er's offense isn't very good.Flacco is much better than Smith.A much bigger threat off play action with Rice.After the beating Eli took in that game,I know what his answer would be.Bring on the Pat's.

Comment

It would definetly be the Saints this year.

Comment

in all of our super bowl runs we've faced the best competition that was there. so i don't think we've dodged any bullets.....except maybe for this year. and i would say the 2011 saints at the super dome would be the answer.

Comment

I didn't want any part of the pats in 07. Then we ended up beating them.. lol

Comment

[quote user="Lambeau12"]I think we could of beat the Saints if we played them again up here. Them coming to Lambeau in January would have froze them out and they would have struggled offensively. I think we matchup better with them and the 49ers then the Giants anyday. We just dont matchup with New York. Also you guys are right about the Saints at home, I actually think they went undefeated at home this year.[/quote]

ITA Lambeau, although if such a match up were to have occurred between the Pack and Saints, I would have preferred to see the Saints try and deal with our mutual 2007 season playoff frozen tundra weather conditions. 2011 seemed rather tropical in comparison and the Saints should not be denied the full January venue 'experience' that Lambeau has to offer visiting teams. []

Comment

I would say the Saints woulda had trouble at home against the playoff Giants. Our defense and offense was clicking. The Saints usually falter against teams with solid defenses, even at home, but much worse when they play away, when they have a bad defense themselves.

Coughlin would have employed the same tactic in the Superbowl, long drives eating up clock, keeping Brees off the field and keeping the game close.

Can't give the Saints that much credit. Otherwise the Browns would have never upset them at N.O. last season if they just bowed down to the team before the game even started. It's all in the mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X