Giants
    corner back Aaron
    Ross
    (C) celebrates with corner back Terrell
    Thomas
    (24) after their defense stopped the Dallas Cowboys on fourth down in
    the fourth quarter to preserve their victory in their National Football
    League game in East Rutherford, New Jersey, December 6, 2009. REUTERS/Ray
    Stubblebine (UNITED STATES SPORT FOOTBALL)

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports
    that Jerry Reese & Co. are likely to re-sign only one of the Terrell
    Thomas
    and Aaron
    Ross
    duo, and it’s probably not the latter.

“The Giants are not likely to re-sign both CB Terrell
    Thomas
    and CB Aaron
    Ross
    , and it appears that Thomas is their preferred choice,” Vacchiano
    wrote.

Although the team has spoken with the representatives of both players, they
    have always preferred Thomas, who was a starter prior to tearing his ACL a year
    ago, to Ross. They've made it very clear they want him back, and it seems
    inevitable that a deal eventually gets done.

Thomas recently tweeted that he's at least three weeks ahead of schedule,
    which coincides with what his agent, Doug Hendrickson, has said.

In addition to the aforementioned tweets, Thomas has also shared a few videos
    of his rehab including one of him jogging and another of him working on lateral
    movements
    ."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS LIKELY TO KEEP TERRELL THOMAS OVER AARON ROSS

IMO, it would be a huge plus to get one of these guys back, as I really dont expect it. I am hoping for a cheap one year TT deal to prove his value and that he is 100% back from his injury.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]IMO, it would be a huge plus to get one of these guys back, as I really dont expect it. I am hoping for a cheap one year TT deal to prove his value and that he is 100% back from his injury.[/quote]

You don't expect them to keep either? I think TT will get signed. The one thing we have going in our favor for guys like TT, Hixon, and Ballard is the possibility of a "repeat." Manningham is right when he says the odds are against it, but the odds have been against the GIANTS a lot yet somehow, we seem to make things happen. The players are very much aware of that.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="TuckYou"]IMO, it would be a huge plus to get one of these guys back, as I really dont expect it. I am hoping for a cheap one year TT deal to prove his value and that he is 100% back from his injury.[/quote]

You don't expect them to keep either? I think TT will get signed. The one thing we have going in our favor for guys like TT, Hixon, and Ballard is the possibility of a "repeat." Manningham is right when he says the odds are against it, but the odds have been against the GIANTS a lot yet somehow, we seem to make things happen. The players are very much aware of that.
        [/quote]

Not really. If you factor all of the things against us like already being over the cap, just winning the Superbowl boosts the value of each of these players (especially Ross, just like it did Gibril in 2008), and the fact we will not give TT what he is expecting even coming off the injury, kinda like Steve Smith. So to put it simple, our finances could keep us from getting either, and it might not be the wrong move.

After SB wins, teams get stripped. Other teams will over pay a Manningham or a Ross. TT has a better shot but I still feel like a team would take a shot on him and pay more then us.

Comment

Sorry i would rather re-sign Ross. T2 reinjury of the same ACL not good.......he would need just this season alone to get back up to speed. Ross did well last year, and wants to retire here, lets see what the guy asks for....

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="TuckYou"]IMO, it would be a huge plus to get one of these guys back, as I really dont expect it. I am hoping for a cheap one year TT deal to prove his value and that he is 100% back from his injury.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really. If you factor all of the things against us like already being over the cap, just winning the Superbowl boosts the value of each of these players (especially Ross, just like it did Gibril in 2008), and the fact we will not give TT what he is expecting even coming off the injury, kinda like Steve Smith. So to put it simple, our finances could keep us from getting either, and it might not be the wrong move.

After SB wins, teams get stripped. Other teams will over pay a Manningham or a Ross. TT has a better shot but I still feel like a team would take a shot on him and pay more then us.

[/quote]

I'm the first to bring up the CAP and it's problems, but Reese is gong to do whatever it takes to keep the players we need to make a repeat run. I'll be happy if we sign TT and Hixon and they will be "relatively cheap" because they have to prove they still have it.

We have to believe the first thing Reese does with guys on IR is ask the docs if they can stand up in games. Idf their opinion is yes, he goes after them. Not with the mindset that we HAVE to have this one or that one, but with a decent offer based on what they know.

Comment

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Sorry i would rather re-sign Ross. T2 reinjury of the same ACL not good.......he would need just this season alone to get back up to speed. Ross did well last year, and wants to retire here, lets see what the guy asks for....[/quote]

Why sorry? That's a valid position to take.

Comment

I wish we could get both back.
                Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Sorry i would rather re-sign Ross. T2 reinjury of the same ACL not good.......he would need just this season alone to get back up to speed. Ross did well last year, and wants to retire here, lets see what the guy asks for....[/quote]

I understand why you feel that way, but Ross may be too expensive at this point.
                  Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]I wish we could get both back.[/quote]

That's possible too. we just have to wait and see who's willing to play ball (groan at pun) [W]

Comment

Totally agree. Would be great to keep Ross. Oh well, I hope the Prince is ready, because I don't see T2 being a big factor this year.

Comment

Not a major surprise that they want T2 over Ross. They probably can get him cheaper coming off of his surgery plus he was really coming into his own before the injury.

Comment

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Not a major surprise that they want T2 over Ross. They probably can get him cheaper coming off of his surgery plus he was really coming into his own before the injury.[/quote]

I still think TT is huge risk with the injury factor. Not only physically but how will it effect him mentally.

Will he be 100%?? Whya is"cheaper" and posibbly less effect TT a better dealvs what they know they have in Ross...

TT being the same player he was pre injury is a risk in itself. 2x ACL is not a good thing. Contrary to what some may think a repaired ACL, especially 2x, is not as good or as durable as a healthy never injured ACL....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="GGTM_1977"]Sorry i would rather re-sign Ross. T2 reinjury of the same ACL not good.......he would need just this season alone to get back up to speed. Ross did well last year, and wants to retire here, lets see what the guy asks for....[/quote]

I understand why you feel that way, but Ross may be too expensive at this point.[/quote]

True but why even waste a small 1 yr contrat on T2, when he might not even be that efffective this yr.......we may end up not re-signing either guys if thats the case.

Comment

I'm really not a fan of Aaron Ross. I'd much rather have TT

Comment

Working...
                              X