Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT, SEPTEMBER 5TH OPENER?!?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEDNESDAY NIGHT, SEPTEMBER 5TH OPENER?!?!?!

SHARE and SPREAD the word: The Giants will open the season on Wednesday, September 5th! (NBC, 8:30 PM ET)

Re: Opening Night Wednesday September 5th?!?!?!

was just about to make a post about this lol you're quick....starting the season on a Wednesday nighter? Lol I'll take it, I have a feeling it'll be GB

Comment

[quote user="egyptian420"]was just about to make a post about this lol you're quick....starting the season on a Wednesday nighter? Lol I'll take it, I have a feeling it'll be GB
      [/quote]

Yeah, just happened to see it right when it was posted. Not sure I like the Wednesday Night Football. Aikman was right. NFL is starting to water down their sport. Id rather open our season on Sunday Night.

So, there will be a Wednesday night opener, followed by a Thursday Night game, followed by Sunday games now?

Weird.

Might as well put it on Tuesdays and Friday Nights now too.

Comment

Why?

Comment

It was supposed to be on Thursady but they don't want to interrupt Democratic convention...

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[quote user="egyptian420"]was just about to make a post about this lol you're quick....starting the season on a Wednesday nighter? Lol I'll take it, I have a feeling it'll be GB
            [/quote]

Yeah, just happened to see it right when it was posted. Not sure I like the Wednesday Night Football. Aikman was right. NFL is starting to water down their sport. Id rather open our season on Sunday Night.

So, there will be a Wednesday night opener, followed by a Thursday Night game, followed by Sunday games now?

Weird.

Might as well put it on Tuesdays and Friday Nights now too.

[/quote]
            No they only did it because they didn't want to interfere with Obama's speech at the national convention on Thursday night....{facepalm}

Comment

GIANTS TO OPEN 2012 NFL REGULAR SEASON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5TH

"The Super Bowl champs will host the NFL regular season opener as usual.

Here's the unusual part: the game will be played on the Wednesday after Labor
              Day, not Thursday.

The Giants will host a
              to-be-determined opponent on Sept. 5 at 8:30 p.m., with the game being televised
              by NBC. It'll be the first time since the league introduced an opening-night
              game in advance of Sunday's Week 1 slate the game won't be played on
              Thursday.

The reason the opener was moved up a day this year is because the NFL wanted
              to avoid a conflict with President Obama's speech at the Democratic National
              Convention on that Thursday. (The Giants will visit Obama at The White House
              sometime this spring.)

The league will announce the Giants' opponent at a future date, most likely
              before the rest of the schedule is announced in April. The eight possible
              opponents are the Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys,
              Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              and New Orleans Saints.

The most intriguing matchup, as it stands now, would be a rematch with the
              Packers, whom the Giants defeated in the Divisional Round after losing at the
              gun in December. Pittsburgh and New Orleans would make very good matchups as
              well, though CBS will surely fight to retain the Steelers game.

The defending Super Bowl champions are undefeated since the NFL began the
              tradition of having their champs host the opening game in 2004.

I wrote earlier I had emailed Tom Williams of The Youngstown (Ohio)
              Vindicator to mention Mario
              Manningham had suggested he misquoted him

Williams got back to me this afternoon to note he recorded the interview.
              Williams said Manningham did say it's "75 percent" likely he's gone and then
              followed it up with "it could go either way." As Williams noted, those quotes
              don't really jibe but 75 percent is a precise number so that's how Williams
              framed it.

And he wasn't alone. Mike McClain of the Warren Tribune-Chronicle was also in
              on the interview. Like Williams, he
              ran the part about the 75 percent chance Manningham's gone

Look, none of this really has any bearing on whether Manningham stays or
              goes. But I just wanted to make sure we know Williams and McClain quoted him
              accurately."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Boys and girls, DO NOT turn this into a political issue.

Comment

Roger probably doesn't want to contend with Obama for viewers. That's my guess at least.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Roger probably doesn't want to contend with Obama for viewers. That's my guess at least.[/quote]

As a Canadian who is and what is

President Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention

Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Comment

It's better that it is Wednesday so we can 11 days to prepare for week 2.

Comment

Nice! It'll be weird to watch a football game on a wednesday but whatever lol.

Comment

Doesn't really make a difference. One less day to wait for Giants football.

Comment

Im guessing it is going to be vs the Steelers or Cowboys.

Comment

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]Doesn't really make a difference.* One less day to wait for Giants football.[/quote] Also one more day to wait for week 2

Comment

Working...
                              X