X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILLING TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILLING TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

"The New York Giants and Brandon Jacobs
    have been trying to come to an agreement on a reduced salary, but it appears the
    sides are far apart.

In a comment to NBC New Yorks Bruce Beck, Jacobs had this to say about his contract
    situation

I want to stay in New York a whole lot,
    man, because this is where I started. Its a great organization. I got
    wonderful, great teammates, I won a second Super Bowl here with this
    organization. But Im not willing to sell my soul, you know? Its a great
    organization and I want to be a part of it, but if not, if theyre not feeling
    the same way, then so be it.

Seems to me that the Giants and Jacobs are
    going to have to part ways, which Ive felt was the case all along."

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

Re: BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILL TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILL TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

have been trying to come to an agreement on a reduced salary, but it appears the
    sides are far apart.

In a comment to NBC New Yorks Bruce Beck, Jacobs had this to say about his contract
    situation

[/quote]

He would be a great fit for the Jets (not saying that disrespectfully)

Comment

Jacobs needs a chance to see what 31 other teams are willing to pay him in order to get a good sense of his value.

Aside from not getting a lot of calls, he's not likely to get a bunch of monster offers either.
      Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

[quote user="Delicreep"]Jacobs needs a chance to see what 31 other teams are willing to pay him in order to get a good sense of his value.

Aside from not getting a lot of calls, he's not likely to get a bunch of monster offers either.[/quote]

I think that's what may be holding things up. As soon as he can test the FA waters he may well see that no team is willing to WOW him with an offer and he'll resume talks with the GIANTS.
        Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

Comment

Jacobs can be replaced. Not sure how many teams will be willing to throw a couple of million dollars for a back up RB. From a business standpoint on his end, it makes perfect sense for him to stay here even if management wants him to cut his salary even 60%

Comment

Question. He can't talk to other teams until he gets released right? So if we release him, and he doesn't get an offer that he really likes, can we resign him at a lower contract. But then we take a cap hit on the release plus whatever we re-sign him for? May end up costing us the same. I'd say he is probably gone unless they can agree on something now.

Comment

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]Question. He can't talk to other teams until he gets released right? So if we release him, and he doesn't get an offer that he really likes, can we resign him at a lower contract. But then we take a cap hit on the release plus whatever we re-sign him for? May end up costing us the same. I'd say he is probably gone unless they can agree on something now.[/quote]

This is what I have been saying. Here is my prediction:

1)Come the deadline for his 500k roster bonus(march 8th Ithink?) he will be released rather than the Giants pay it.

2) these forums will erupt with complaints.

3)he will test Free Agency and find the market for not him is not what he wants it to be.

4) The Giants will make an attempt to resign him for less. The only thing that might stop this is if we find someone else in the draft.

But, either way, if we do release BJ please wait out the process and understand that it isnt because we dont want him anymore. There is still a good chance he will resign imho. I just think that 500k roster bonus is going to force our hand because I dont see a deal begin done before then.

sigpic

Comment

This sucks to hear.... Jacobs needs to realize his career is coming to an end.. does he want to try and win another ring or take a little more money on a ****ty team?

I love this guy & would LOVE to have him back but I understand if he wants to take more money... not sure how much money he actually needs... signed a $25 million dollar contract... [:^)]
                "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]This sucks to hear.... Jacobs needs to realize his career is coming to an end.. does he want to try and win another ring or take a little more money on a ****ty team?

I love this guy & would LOVE to have him back but I understand if he wants to take more money... not sure how much money he actually needs... signed a $25 million dollar contract... [:^)]
                  [/quote]

Agreed totally sucks, I knew it be a long shot of sorts but if he signs with another team outside of the NFCE all wish him the best

The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

[quote user="Martyr"]

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]This sucks to hear.... Jacobs needs to realize his career is coming to an end.. does he want to try and win another ring or take a little more money on a ****ty team?

[/quote]

Agreed totally sucks, I knew it be a long shot of sorts but if he signs with another team outside of the NFCE all wish him the best

[/quote]

Absolutely

Oh & thanks as always Roa [B]
                    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]BRANDON JACOBS NOT WILL TO "SELL MY SOUL" TO STAY WITH GIANTS

"The New York Giants and Brandon Jacobs have been trying to come to an agreement on a reduced salary, but it appears the sides are far apart.

In a comment to NBC New Yorks Bruce Beck, Jacobs had this to say about his contract situation.

I want to stay in New York a whole lot, man, because this is where I started. Its a great organization. I got wonderful, great teammates, I won a second Super Bowl here with this organization. But Im not willing to sell my soul, you know? Its a great organization and I want to be a part of it, but if not, if theyre not feeling the same way, then so be it.

Seems to me that the Giants and Jacobs are going to have to part ways, which Ive felt was the case all along."

[/quote]I thought so too...Michael Bush is out there, as well as Peyton Hillis in FA...maybe a RB in 2nd or 3rd round...I would go for a more talented RB than Jacobs...his explosion is at 30% at best...run along the line of scrimmage he is horrendous. He does have a nice play every-so-often but not at all often enough. His average per carry has dropped dramaticly the last two seasons...I think his tenure has come to term. No sense bustin' balls over it!

Comment

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]Question. He can't talk to other teams until he gets released right? So if we release him, and he doesn't get an offer that he really likes, can we resign him at a lower contract. But then we take a cap hit on the release plus whatever we re-sign him for? May end up costing us the same. I'd say he is probably gone unless they can agree on something now.[/quote]

I don't know any details of what qualifies as a cap "hit".

But what you describe in your first 2 sentences is exactly what occurred with Rocky Bernard last summer. Giants offered him a restructure in order to remain a Giant. He refused, walked, then returned a week or two later after not getting any better offer (presumably), returned for a much reduced paycheck.

It helped our cap situation, not hurt it. So I'm guessing if your scenario played out it would help our cap situation.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Delicreep"]Jacobs needs a chance to see what 31 other teams are willing to pay him in order to get a good sense of his value. Aside from not getting a lot of calls, he's not likely to get a bunch of monster offers either.[/quote]

I think that's what may be holding things up. As soon as he can test the FA waters he may well see that no team is willing to WOW him with an offer and he'll resume talks with the GIANTS.
                          [/quote]There is always a fool out there ready to overpay for a sexy pick but BJ hasn't been the "it" guy for several years. JR is a smart and shrewd guy. He'll let BJ test the waters and then bring him back to the fold at a much cheaper price. If someone drops a big number on Brandon, I wish him well.
                          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

sides are far apart.

situation

[/quote]
                            I'd like to see him retire a NY? But not at the expense of overpaying
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

You don't know what you have until it's gone. That goes for both sides.

Comment

Working...
                              X