X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TE Option

Per Rotoworld.com

John Carlson - TE - Seahawks
    The Chicago Tribune floats the idea of the Bears pursuing free agent TE John Carlson.
    Carlson was originally drafted by recently departed Bears exec Tim Ruskell and played under new QBs coach Jeremy Bates in Seattle. The Browns and Giants have also been linked to Carlson. We suspect the Bears will lean toward re-signing Kellen Davis instead.

I wouldn't mind having Carlson. He is a good receiving TE if he can stay on the field. We would still need a big blocking TE though.

Re: TE Option

Yeah he'd be nice but probably a bit too pricey.

Comment

Jacob Thamme is another option - hes a FA this year right?
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Jacob Thamme is another option - hes a FA this year right?
        [/quote]

Yeah Tamme is a UFA.

I liked Tamme for the Giants too.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Jacob Thamme is another option - hes a FA this year right?
          [/quote]

Yeah Tamme is a UFA.

I liked Tamme for the Giants too.[/quote]

a lil weary of his size though... Beckum part two

Comment

Joel Dreesen is another. He's had a solid couple of years as a #2 and has managed to step up in the absence of Owen Daniels.

Comment

[quote user="Bones911"]Per Rotoworld.com

The Chicago Tribune floats the idea of the Bears pursuing free agent TE John Carlson.
              Carlson was originally drafted by recently departed Bears exec Tim Ruskell and played under new QBs coach Jeremy Bates in Seattle. The Browns and Giants have also been linked to Carlson. We suspect the Bears will lean toward re-signing Kellen Davis instead.

I wouldn't mind having Carlson. He is a good receiving TE if he can stay on the field. We would still need a big blocking TE though.[/quote]

Bring Shockey Back....

Martellus Bennett? Alex Smith?

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]Joel Dreesen is another. He's had a solid couple of years as a #2 and has managed to step up in the absence of Owen Daniels.[/quote]

good call on Dreesen

Comment

[quote user="giantotherness"][quote user="Bones911"]Per Rotoworld.com

I wouldn't mind having Carlson. He is a good receiving TE if he can stay on the field. We would still need a big blocking TE though.[/quote]

Bring Shockey Back....

[/quote]

Bennett would be an EXCCCELLENT pickup

but apparently he doesn't work hard and has an attitude problem. Not sure that would fit here.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="giantotherness"][quote user="Bones911"]Per Rotoworld.com

Bring Shockey Back....

Martellus Bennett?* Alex Smith?
                    [/quote]

but apparently he doesn't work hard and has an attitude problem. Not sure that would fit here.
                    [/quote]

I'm not a Bennet fan.

And Tamme might have size problems but we have our blocker TE with Pascoe and Tamme has proven he can run a route and catch (unlike Beckum).

Dreeson would be nice ... I get the feeling he'll actually get paid by someone.

What about Scott Chandler?
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="giantotherness"][quote user="Bones911"]Per Rotoworld.com

Bring Shockey Back....

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not a Bennet fan.

And Tamme might have size problems but we have our blocker TE with Pascoe and Tamme has proven he can run a route and catch (unlike Beckum).

What about Scott Chandler?[/quote]

wow all these guys are FAs?

Thats a pretty legit value class. Ballard isn't going to be ready right?

Comment

Draft one..

Comment

I know we are very short in cap money but there has to be ways to gain enough bucks to sign just one good FA and if we can then I would try to sign Dreesen from Houston, I've seen him play a lot since I live here in Houston and this guy is better than anyone we have right now

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="giantotherness"][quote user="Bones911"]Per Rotoworld.com

Bring Shockey Back....

Martellus Bennett?* Alex Smith?
                            [/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not a Bennet fan.

What about Scott Chandler?[/quote]

wow all these guys are FAs?

Thats a pretty legit value class. Ballard isn't going to be ready right?
                            [/quote]

Right ... Ballard will start the year on the PUP list at best.

Most likely you won't see him play in 2012 is my feeling.

Comment

Working...
                            X