NFL is happy giants are champs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL is happy giants are champs

can you imagine if the saints beat the niners and went on to win sb46 the bounty hunting thing would really have given the nfl a black eye..goodell is sleeping better knowing a great nfl frachise,the Ny giants are the champs

Re: NFL is happy giants are champs

To use that logic, Goodell must hate us since we so openly faked injuries to stop the Rams lol

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

It is always good for the NFL, when the Flagship Team wins it all

Comment

[quote user="GmenFan1980"]To use that logic, Goodell must hate us since we so openly faked injuries to stop the Rams lol[/quote] While I don't like faking injuries, that's way better than intentionally hurting other players.

I see what you're saying though.
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Hyperbole and wisecracks aside, I believe the OP's point is well-taken. NFL management would be squirming if N.O. were this year's SB champs, visiting the White House, etc. I wonder if they would have delayed the announcement of the investigation if the Saints had won out?

Comment

How do you know our team hasn't done the same thing?

Comment

Carl Banks said it happened all of the time while he played.

Comment

[quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="GmenFan1980"]To use that logic, Goodell must hate us since we so openly faked injuries to stop the Rams lol[/quote] While I don't like faking injuries, that's way better than intentionally hurting other players.

I see what you're saying though.[/quote]
                I wish we would fake injuries more. It's an great strategy

Comment

[quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]Carl Banks said it happened all of the time while he played.[/quote]What, trying to twist ankles in piles?

Comment

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]Carl Banks said it happened all of the time while he played.*[/quote]What, trying to twist ankles in piles?
                    [/quote]
                    LT was disturbed he did that to theisman. You can't tell me those guys liked hurting people the way they reacted to theisman getting hurt.

Comment

It wouldn't shock me if some guys on our team had some side action going on bounties. I think it happens all over the place. But in New Orleans, the coaches were clearly aware and involved in it. I think it is safe to say that something like this would never be condoned by TC, and if it did happen here it would be just with players without any coaches ever knowing about it.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Rudyy"][quote user="GmenFan1980"]To use that logic, Goodell must hate us since we so openly faked injuries to stop the Rams lol[/quote] While I don't like faking injuries, that's way better than intentionally hurting other players.

I see what you're saying though.[/quote]
                        I wish we would fake injuries more. It's an ingenious strategy[/quote]We do. As does the rest of the league. Except Jaquan isn't falling down while instantly getting back up and making it look obvious. []

Comment

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]It wouldn't shock me if some guys on our team had some side action going on bounties. I think it happens all over the place. But in New Orleans, the coaches were clearly aware and involved in it. I think it is safe to say that something like this would never be condoned by TC, and if it did happen here it would be just with players without any coaches ever knowing about it.[/quote]And thats the difference right there.

Comment

[quote user="Roosevelt"]How do you know our team hasn't done the same thing?

[/quote]

The NFL seems to be focused on Williams for some reason. Since the Saints' organization was questioned a few years back and they lied (we now know) it could be this is just the tip of the iceberg.

For me, when you say a QB was put out of the game because of a legal hit I see that as part of the game that players sign up for. But when a bounty system with financial rewards is implemented and condoned by a team, not just the players, a line has been crossed.

I just don't get why players who are making, on average, millions of dollars don't find that to be enough incentive?

What do they do in Pee Wee now, I'll buy you a slurpy if you.....????

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. They were investigated, lied about it, and, it as been reported, the owner said NO MORE. So now we have them continuing the ractice against the wishes of the owner and the NFL. Could get ugly.
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="jjj45"][quote user="bELIeve_in_Giants"]Carl Banks said it happened all of the time while he played.[/quote]What, trying to twist ankles in piles?
                              [/quote]
                              LT was disturbed he did that to theisman. You can't tell me those guys liked hurting people the way they reacted to theisman getting hurt.[/quote]I wasn't trying to call out LT. Just a random example I used. Besides, LT broke Joe's leg, not his ankle. I doubt our guys were purposely trying to cause harm to players, let alone the coaches organizing and condoning it. Thats a crime.

Comment

Working...
                              X