Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon Jacobs Allegedly “Insulted” by New York Giants Restructured Contract Offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Jacobs Allegedly “Insulted” by New York Giants Restructured Contract Offer

http://www.giants101.com/2012/03/05/...ontract-offer/

Thoughts?
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Re: Brandon Jacobs Allegedly “Insulted” by New York Giants Restructured Contract Offer

Bye bye Brandon?

Comment

Re: Brandon Jacobs Allegedly “Insulted” by New York Giants Restructured Contract Offer

[quote user="jjj45"]Bye bye Brandon?
      [/quote]

and hello Da'Rell?
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="Antwuan"]
        Thoughts?[/quote]

Prepare to be insulted by a lot of teams Brandon

Comment

article says he is not happy with the offer. The Giants made an offer and now Jacobs agent will ocounter offer. Jacobs will be able to get a little more from another team but I dont think it will be substantial.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

His fate will be determined by the free agent market. He will either get significantly higher offers from other teams or he won't. If he does, he leaves, if he doesn't he stays and understands his true value in the NFL.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

article says he is not happy with the offer. The Giants made an offer and now Jacobs agent will ocounter offer. Jacobs will be able to get a little more from another team but I dont think it will be substantial.

[/quote]

I think Jacobs problem will be that he doesn't really have a role that he fills well. I don't think most teams will see him as a feature back. He's a good blocker but he's not a 3rd down back in the vein of Sproles obviously. He has struggled in short yardage due to running too high so I don't think he's a goal line back either.

He really can only be seen as a change-of-pace/depth so I don't think teams can really commit much money to him.

Comment

I think BJ will be worth more to another team than he is to us.....we need to save $$, he doesn't want to be "insulted"......I think we cut ties & everyone wins, no hard feelings...

Comment

Bye Bye Brandon...unfortunatly i think his career is all downhill from here. Nontheless, thanks for the memories and help in winning 2 superbowls.

Comment

I think his time here is done. Sad? Maybe, do I care? Naw not really. Can he be replaced? Easily.

Comment

BJ needs to understand his role and the value of that role.
                      He's a pounder that'll do the hard short yards to soften the line up.
                      Occasionally, he'll find a lane, bust a tackle and gain decent, but that's not his primary function.
                      He needs to totally get shot of the Barry Sanders impressions.

Comment

I'm insulted he can't pick up 3rd and 1.
                        8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I think his time here is done. Sad? Maybe, do I care? Naw not really. Can he be replaced? Easily.[/quote]

1 out of 8 people suffer from split personality. for you, that number would be 3 out of 8.

Comment

Nature of the business, good bye. We don't have 6.5 mil for a RB who needs holes that a mack truck can drive through to average 4.5 ypc.

I like Jacobs, and think he has a huge voice in the locker room, but I wouldn't be able to justify him making more than 1 million a year.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

slightly off topic, but how are we still 8 mil over the cap with jacobs,MM, and mckenzie off the books?

Comment

Working...
                              X