X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants needs according to ProFootballFocus

1) Guard
    2) Right tackle
    3) Slot corner (Kevin Dockery was great in this role)

I think most of us have seen with our own eyes that McKenzie went from stud to liability, Deihl is awful, and Rolle and Ross are not good at slot corner. This article thinks the Giants can improve at these positions through a few low priced free agents and the draft. Hopefully the best player available when the Giants select will be a G or RT.

Link Giants 2012 needs

Re: Giants needs according to ProFootballFocus

[quote user="netplus"]1) Guard
    2) Right tackle
    3) Slot corner

I think most of us have seen with our own eyes that McKenzie went from stud to liability, Deihl is awful, and Rolle and Ross are not good at slot corner. This article thinks the Giants can improve at these positions through a few low priced free agents and the draft. Hopefully the best player available when the Giants select will be an G or RT.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/01/team-needs-2012-new-york-giants/[/quote]
    Yep, focus on the o-line. Forget TE and LB. I'm not saying o-line has to be the 1st pick, but at least 1 of the first 3 need to address it.

Petrus, Boothe, and Brewer could add a lot to a revamped line, but we need a little more drafted talent as well.

Comment

TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.

Comment

i agree with the first 2, but a slot corner is not needed. Next year T2 should be back and he said himself he's better in the slot than on the outside. We are actually pretty deep at corner

Comment

[quote user="embeshAtYa"]TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.[/quote]Mike Mayock saying TE pretty weak this draft

Comment

[quote user="dayeh33"]i agree with the first 2, but a slot corner is not needed. Next year T2 should be back and he said himself he's better in the slot than on the outside. We are actually pretty deep at corner
            [/quote]
            I'd like some secondary help in the draft, but I like our secondary overall.

Improve the o-line because it has the chance to be scary bad if it's not seriously addressed.

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="embeshAtYa"]TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.[/quote]Mike Mayock saying TE pretty weak this draft
              [/quote]

Hasn't Reese already let it slip that he was looking for a TE in FA? Cowboy's TE, Bennet was brought up in the discussion...

Comment

The Giamts have gotten by with low profile TE's Boss (5th round), Pascoe (6th round SF), and Ballard (undrafted). I'm sure they'll find another one late in the draft or as a free agent signing.

Regarding slot corner....is TT quick enough to do the job? Coming off the injury I doubt it.

Comment

You may not agree with us taking a TE early, but that doesnt change the fact that TE is a HUGE need. Again, we have absolutely nobody on the roster to line up week 1 of next year.
                  At other need positions we have developmental guys and some mediocre backups etc, but we have guys to at least play. At TE we have nothing,zilch, nada. Everyone is either a FA, injured, or both.
                  sigpic

Comment

If we go OL, TE, or LB with the first pick. I'll be a happy man. All 3 for this team are vital. Reese will address every spot. In what order they address it is a non factor for me. Reese will get the best players possible.

Comment

Either Bennett or Carlson from FA, please. Then use a low pick in the draft on another one.

Comment

I'd think about signing Shancoe.

Comment

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]I'd think about signing Shancoe.[/quote]

+1.

He'd be a perfect, reasonably priced fit. A move like that has JR written all over it.

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]You may not agree with us taking a TE early, but that doesnt change the fact that TE is a HUGE need. Again, we have absolutely nobody on the roster to line up week 1 of next year.
                            At other need positions we have developmental guys and some mediocre backups etc, but we have guys to at least play. At TE we have nothing,zilch, nada. Everyone is either a FA, injured, or both.
                            [/quote]

last year Ballard was "nothing" before the season started. The Giants have Pascoe who will have all his practicetime devoted to TE and not shared with FB. Also Reese likes Christian Hopkins. You cant say they have nothing because you really have no idea. You prob thought the same last season.

They get another via FA too.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

[quote user="bansaw"][quote user="embeshAtYa"]TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.[/quote]Mike Mayock saying TE pretty weak this draft
                              [/quote]

TE can be easily remedied in free agency. Plus its not a huge need for us because our offense doesn't use the TE like a lot of other offenses do.

I don't get this "slot corner" thing at all. We have Webby, TT and Prince, plus a few younger players. Maybe a vet corner on the cheap would help us but I wouldn't call it a primary need.

I think one of our great needs is a third down back who can block and catch the ball. Tolbert (SD) would be a great addition to our offense.

Depth on the O line along with the elusive "athletic LB" are also needs for us.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X