How will Eli's Giants career end?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will Eli's Giants career end?

seeing how his brothers end this way with the colts, i wonder how Eli's will end here. my guess is he wins his 5th lombardi and goes out on top in year 2020. thoughts?

Re: How will Eli's Giants career end?

As you see with his brother you never know but God willing your right .

Comment

Peyton is a glass cannon. Eli is made of freaking Teflon...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

[quote user="jppmvp90"]seeing how his brothers end this way with the colts, i wonder how Eli's will end here. my guess is he wins his 5th lombardi and goes out on top in year 2020. thoughts?
        [/quote]
        not only did Peyton leave the colts, but archie left the saints, farve left the pack,nameth left the jets, and montana left the 9ers

no guarantees in this life
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Way too early to tell. I mean Eli could be the hottest QB one minute and then suffer a season ending injury the next. What if we have a young QB on the roster and he ends up leading the Giants deep into the playoffs? You know it's going to have Couglin and Reese thinking.

I think the biggest factors will be how this FO addresses the O-line for the next few years (can't have another season like this with the pass protection) and how much Eli still loves to play when it comes around to that time. It might be best for us to move on but Eli could still want to play.

I could see him playing somewhere else for maybe a year or two and then he'll hang it up but he'll always be a Giant.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Way too early to tell. I mean Eli could be the hottest QB one minute and then suffer a season ending injury the next. What if we have a young QB on the roster and he ends up leading the Giants deep into the playoffs? You know it's going to have Couglin and Reese thinking.

I think the biggest factors will be how this FO addresses the O-line for the next few years (can't have another season like this with the pass protection) and how much Eli still loves to play when it comes around to that time. It might be best for us to move on but Eli could still want to play.

I could see him playing somewhere else for maybe a year or two and then he'll hang it up but he'll always be a Giant.[/quote]

you think coughlin will be around when eli's career is over?

Comment

[quote user="jppmvp90"]seeing how his brothers end this way with the colts, i wonder how Eli's will end here. my guess is he wins his 5th lombardi and goes out on top in year 2020. thoughts?
              [/quote]

So, you are saying 3 more Championships in the next 7 seasons? If so, he is the greatest QB ever.

Here is another thought, When is it time for the Giants to start thinking about getting Eli's successor? If the Giants lose Eli to an injury, there is no doubt that this team would fall just like the Colts without a reliable backup. Eli is now 31 and taking a ton of hits. Yeah he is the Ironman at QB right now, and probably is the toughest QB standing in the pocket I have ever seen, but sooner or later father time gets us all. So when do we get the next franchise QB to learn for a year or 2 under Eli's tutelage?

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="jppmvp90"]seeing how his brothers end this way with the colts, i wonder how Eli's will end here. my guess is he wins his 5th lombardi and goes out on top in year 2020. thoughts?
                [/quote]
                not only did Peyton leave the colts, but archie left the saints, farve left the pack,nameth left the jets, and montana left the 9ers

no guarantees in this life
                [/quote]

Carson Palmer left the Bengals!

/red

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

So, you are saying 3 more Championships in the next 7 seasons? If so, he is the greatest QB ever.

Here is another thought, When is it time for the Giants to start thinking about getting Eli's successor? If the Giants lose Eli to an injury, there is no doubt that this team would fall just like the Colts without a reliable backup. Eli is now 31 and taking a ton of hits. Yeah he is the Ironman at QB right now, and probably is the toughest QB standing in the pocket I have ever seen, but sooner or later father time gets us all. So when do we get the next franchise QB to learn for a year or 2 under Eli's tutelage?

[/quote]

Probably not for a couple of more years at least. At 31 Eli is in the ripe years for a QB and will likely be at his peak for about 4 years. Once he hits 35 (and depending on the state of the team and his play/health) it's about time to start thinking about a successor. Otherwise, keep bakcing him up with reliable vets and draft prospect QBs' late to possibly use as trade bait later on.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

Hard to think of the last lifer who ended his career with his team. Aikman? Marino? Young?
                    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Hard to think of the last lifer who ended his career with his team. Aikman? Marino? Young?
                      [/quote]

Young was with Tampa before he was with SF sohe doesn't qualify. I believe Aikman was the last one. Before that it was Marino, Elwayand then Simms.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Hard to think of the last lifer who ended his career with his team. Aikman? Marino? Young?
                        [/quote]

Young was with Tampa before he was with SF sohe doesn't qualify. I believe Aikman was the last one. Before that it was Marino, Elwayand then Simms.

[/quote]

Elway was drafted by the Baltimore Colts (and Yankees!)... Eli was drafted by the Chargers. Not sure they count. I think a life time franchise QB needs to be one drafted by that team, although, essentially Eli was drafted by the Giants, just after the Chargers drafted him. The picks we gave up were basically the value for that 1st pick. Elway wasnt traded right way like Eli was.

Comment

[/quote]
                          Would Eli be able to be considered a lifer considering his 20 minute career in SD?

Comment

[quote user="BlueReign"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Hard to think of the last lifer who ended his career with his team.* Aikman?* Marino?* Young?
                            [/quote]
                            Would Eli be able to be considered a lifer considering his 20 minute career in SD?
                            [/quote]

He was never under contract or on the roster. They just had "rights" to him.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Elway was drafted by the Baltimore Colts (and Yankees!)... Eli was drafted by the Chargers. Not sure they count. I think a life time franchise QB needs to be one drafted by that team, although, essentially Eli was drafted by the Giants, just after the Chargers drafted him. The picks we gave up were basically the value for that 1st pick. Elway wasnt traded right way like Eli was.

[/quote]

I guess you can look at it like that butI think playing for one team's uniform for an entire careeris sufficient enough.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Working...
                              X