Running Back in First 3 rounds:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Back in First 3 rounds:

Is there any reason to think we dont need to draft a RB as high as possible? I understand BPA in round 1 and maybe round 2. By round 3 we need to have picked a good RB.

I dont it makes sense to pick a TE in first 3/4 rounds.

Re: Running Back in First 3 rounds:

I don't want one in the 1st......id love Robert turbin in the 3rd...

Comment

The Giants got Bradshaw in the seventh - no need to rush for one.

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]The Giants got Bradshaw in the seventh - no need to rush for one.[/quote]Maybe we'll get lucky and get a pick up a RB undrafted. Ala Arian Foster. We seem to have some luck with those.

Comment

We have had tough luck in 1st round with RB. I just think we have memories of Derek Brown and Shockey which is not as good as Rodney Hampton. We draft great D linemen in 1st round. Knowing this, we should just get another DL in round 1 as BPA. We still need a rb in 2 or 3

Comment

[quote user="Aperspective"]Is there any reason to think we dont need to draft a RB as high as possible? I understand BPA in round 1 and maybe round 2. By round 3 we need to have picked a good RB. I dont it makes sense to pick a TE in first 3/4 rounds.[/quote]

Not a lot of excitement at running back this year make a 1st round pick, wait to 3 or 4 and maybe get lucky, nobody lighting up the boards right now.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

I'd like to see what scott can do before drafting another rb high

Comment

BPA at any round

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                @Katdaddyjay 17h
                @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

I want Magget undrafted freeagent.

Comment

Yea. his Dads history makes him look like **** but his Dad was good at the game. one of the best scatbacks in the game as far As i see it.

Comment

[quote user="Aperspective"]Is there any reason to think we dont need to draft a RB as high as possible? I understand BPA in round 1 and maybe round 2. By round 3 we need to have picked a good RB.

I dont it makes sense to pick a TE in first 3/4 rounds.[/quote]

its all about the best value...

but I don't get why you would think we need to draft a RB high as possible.

Bradshaw: 7th round
                      Jacobs: 4th round
                      Andre Brown: 4th round
                      Ware: Undrafted
                      Scott: 7th round

RBs are a dime a dozen.

And I agree about TE, I don't think from what i've read that the draft class is particularly strong and there are about 5 cost effective FA TEs out there that I would not mind being in a Giants uni.

Coughlin and the staff love Brown and they kept Scott on the roster last year with 3 other RBs. If we let go of Jacobs, expect these guys to get a shot
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

If BJ is still here I do not see us spending a pick on a RB. We would still have him, Bradshaw and Scott (hopefully no Ware).

Comment

[quote user="Aperspective"]Is there any reason to think we dont need to draft a RB as high as possible? I understand BPA in round 1 and maybe round 2. By round 3 we need to have picked a good RB.

I dont it makes sense to pick a TE in first 3/4 rounds.[/quote]

Reese has never drafted a running back in the first 3 rounds, it's not an area of need (not as big as TE is anyways) and this is a poor draft for RBs.
                          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I'll take one via FA with Scott and Ware on the roster but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X