Breaking: Giants will announce release of Brandon Jacobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking: Giants will announce release of Brandon Jacobs

@MikeGarafolo: BREAKING: Giants will release RB Brandon Jacobs today, per a source. Sides couldn't come to a financial agreement. Blog coming. #nyg

Per Mike Garafolo's twitter.

Link to article by Mike Garafolo

Re: Breaking: Giants will announce release of Brandon Jacobs

if this is true, good luck BJ you were instrumental in bringing us two rings.

best of luck!

sigpic

Comment

thread #3, all i gotta say is WAAAHHOOOOOOOO

Comment

This does not mean he will not be back - they could still re-sign him but this will alleviate the cap a little more, not having to pay his bonus.

If he is gone for good i think we lost a guy who set the tone with his ability to destroy defenders both with the ball and on chip blocks - he was a bully and that aint a bad thing in the NFL - still i trust if he goes Jerry will find a nice replacement if one isn't already on the team.

Comment

Does he just go to the other locker room across the building?

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Does he just go to the other locker room across the building?[/quote]

Yikes. I can't imagine him with Rex Ryan.

Comment

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Does he just go to the other locker room across the building?[/quote]

Yikes. I can't imagine him with Rex Ryan.

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]This does not mean he will not be back - they could still re-sign him but this will alleviate the cap a little more, not having to pay his bonus.

If he is gone for good i think we lost a guy who set the tone with his ability to destroy defenders both with the ball and on chip blocks - he was a bully and that aint a bad thing in the NFL - still i trust if he goes Jerry will find a nice replacement if one isn't already on the team.[/quote]

tip toe burglar

Comment

Bye bye jacobs. I think finding a a good #2 RB wont be hard.

Comment

so long old friend.

Comment

as I said, I think there is a good chance we resign him after he tests the market.
                      sigpic

Comment

Not surprised honestly.

Comment

tip toe burglar? you have to be kidding - some fans are so lost its insane - This guy has been a bruiser his whole career. Due to a O line that graded out as one of the worst in the league this year our RB;s were forced into cutback style running - not Jacobs strong suit - but he chipped like a beast and when given a hole he abused LB;s and safeties - is he the best back in the league? not even close - but you better bet that no defender in the league liked tackling him one bit - that will be missed - and although i am very certain reese will find a way to replace it - to not give him credit for what he did while here is just silly.

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]tip toe burglar? you have to be kidding - some fans are so lost its insane - This guy has been a bruiser his whole career. Due to a O line that graded out as one of the worst in the league this year our RB;s were forced into cutback style running - not Jacobs strong suit - but he chipped like a beast and when given a hole he abused LB;s and safeties - is he the best back in the league? not even close - but you better bet that no defender in the league liked tackling him one bit - that will be missed - and although i am very certain reese will find a way to replace it - to not give him credit for what he did while here is just silly.[/quote]
                            a bruiser? LOL the guy could never convert a 4th and 1 or 3rd and 1 for his life

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]tip toe burglar? you have to be kidding - some fans are so lost its insane - This guy has been a bruiser his whole career. Due to a O line that graded out as one of the worst in the league this year our RB;s were forced into cutback style running - not Jacobs strong suit - but he chipped like a beast and when given a hole he abused LB;s and safeties - is he the best back in the league? not even close - but you better bet that no defender in the league liked tackling him one bit - that will be missed - and although i am very certain reese will find a way to replace it - to not give him credit for what he did while here is just silly.[/quote]

+1

Comment

Working...
                              X