http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313041,00.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...ail/components

Re: Breaking News: Redskins' Sean Taylor, 24, Dead After Shooting

Sad day for all football fans...

He was a great saftey...

Most important he was a father, a brother and a friend to many

Comment

We need more guns on the street. Talk about sensless.

Comment

Terrible news.

Comment

RIP Sean Taylor

I really liked the guy, even though he was a redskin.

Comment

What I would like to know is how these players get envolved with guns in the first place. There is going to bea story with this shooting, and my guess its not going to put him in a good light or the freinds he keeps. Just a hunch on my part.
            Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

I went over to extremeskins.com to see what it's like over there...& Boy O' Boy....The Giants MB ratedby all THEIR accounts we arethe LOWEST of the LOW Scumbags by some of our posters. They had a few comments about what Philthy was sayin' but we beat them out by a long shot (or so it seems) The Cowpukes they say were the best of the lot!!! (I expect that though from all the druggies & criminals that came from that Org...they're obviously a little more tolerant)

Comments like "what do you expect from NY..."

Not that I reallycare what other fans think of us, but after reading some of the posts here on ST, I knew we were in for a bashing...

Let's show a little respect for a dead 24 year old kid... regardless of his prior history...

RIP Sean!!! Here's hoping St Peter lets him IN...[B]

Comment

This is terrible news!!!

RIP.

Comment

"Let's show a little respect for a dead 24 year old kid... regardless of his prior history..."

Agreed! But there is a history that needs to be adressed to prevent this needless slaughter.

An All-American at the University of Miami, Taylor was drafted by the Redskins with the fifth overall selection in 2004. Coach Joe Gibbs called it "one of the most researched things" he's ever done, but the problems soon began. Taylor fired his agent, then skipped part of the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium, drawing a $25,000 fine. Driving home late from a party during the season, he was pulled over and charged with drunken driving. The case was dismissed in court, but by then it had become a months-long distraction for the team.

Taylor also was fined at least seven times for late hits, uniform violations and other infractions over his first three seasons, including a $17,000 penalty for spitting in the face of Tampa Bay running back Michael Pittman during a playoff game in January 2006.

Meanwhile, Taylor endured a yearlong legal battle after he was accused in 2005 of brandishing a gun at a man during a fight over allegedly stolen all-terrain vehicles near Taylor's home. He eventually pleaded no contest to two misdemeanors and was sentenced to 18 months' probation.

Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

This is a really tragic situation for a marvelous young player who seemed to be maturing and emerging as a true leader of his team. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Comment

I heard about this on the news this morning before I left my car. I was shocked and saddened by the news. They said the shooting was deliberate, so I wonder what the whole story is?
                      Pluck 'Em Eagles Featherless!

Comment

Its a very sad situation you people who are bashing him at a time like this should be ashamed of yourslefs. W/e hes done in the past is just that the past. Man changed his life around and all he was doing when he was killed was protecting his family how can you not give respect and honor to a man who does that espically in a day and age where people run away from that stuff all the time. I hope the gunman is brought to justice. I give my prayers out to Seans family friends the redskin orgization and the NFL and i hope Sean is Resting in Peace up in Heaven.

Comment

RIP. I hope justice prevails.

Comment

[quote user="killerblue8787"]Its a very sad situation you people who are bashing him at a time like this should be ashamed of yourslefs. W/e hes done in the past is just that the past. Man changed his life around and all he was doing when he was killed was protecting his family how can you not give respect and honor to a man who does that espically in a day and age where people run away from that stuff all the time. I hope the gunman is brought to justice. I give my prayers out to Seans family friends the redskin orgization and the NFL and i hope Sean is Resting in Peace up in Heaven.[/quote]No one bashed him, I just think someone made a fake thread claiming he died yesterday. There's people like me with sense who are speaking the truth, and then there's weird people who all of the sudden claim he was a scholar and an outstanding man just because he died. Sorry, it's unfortunate and sad that he died (no one deserves to die for the most part), but it doesn't erase what he did in the past or recently.

Comment

[quote user="jintsrule"]I heard about this on the news this morning before I left my car. I was shocked and saddened by the news. They said the shooting was deliberate, so I wonder what the whole story is?[/quote]I'm willing to bet it's over drugs. or probably someone who stalked the poor man. He lived in the suburbs of Miami, so who knows. But this wasn't just some random burglary.

Comment

Working...
                              X