X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotoworld says we go RB in F***

Per Rotoworld:

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Giants
    The Giants are expected to target a replacement for Brandon Jacobs, following his release from the team.
    Bradshaw's durability issues remain a concern, and D.J. Ware and Da'Rel Scott haven't done enough to prove capable of being full-time backups. Potential low-cost free agent options for the Giants include Ryan Grant, BenJarvus Green-Ellis, and Peyton Hillis.

Re: Rotoworld says we go RB in F***

Not so sure that BGE will be cheap enough for us. I can't see us spending more than 2 million (cap hit) on a RB for the 2012 season. But I think BGE is very underrated and is great in ball security, which for Coughlin is huge. All BGE does is follow gap assignments and his blocking, good blocker and adequate reciever.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I'll say it again if we can get cheap enough I would go after Mike Tolbert.

Comment

Agreed - BGE is nothing flashy but NEVER fumbles - follows his blockers and runs hard - again depends on price tag.

Hillis - Is probably more expensive an option - when healthy and not jawing is a hard runner and an excellent option as a receiving back as well - but again he will probably want more.

Tolbert - runs hard - another option out of the backfield as well and has a good nose for the end zone.

Comment

i like hillis and tolbert. i feel like hillis is the better runner, and both can catch the ball well out of the backfield. im not sure if either is a very good pass blocker. BJ thrived in that area so hell be tough to replace in that regard

Comment

When I first heard that "The Law Firm" has never fumbled, even in college, my head almost exploded.

Comment

[quote user="KidA"]When I first heard that "The Law Firm" has never fumbled, even in college, my head almost exploded.
              [/quote]

I heard he has never fumbles a ball ever dating back from high school. I could be wrong though

Comment

[quote user="Pakman"][quote user="KidA"]When I first heard that "The Law Firm" has never fumbled, even in college, my head almost exploded.
                [/quote]

I heard he has never fumbles a ball ever dating back from high school. I could be wrong though[/quote]No you're right. Announcers say it every game he touches the ball lol.
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

What on earth is with this board's word filter? Can't even say haha

Comment

Give me Davin Meggett in the 5th.....His daddy was a personal favorite of mine before the whole rape thing

Comment

Peyton Hillis!

Comment

Dude has never fumbled the ball? Sign this man!

It's funny the things the Giants look for, like good ball security, a good punter, good blocking TE's, good fullbacks lol.

Really just goes to show what actually wins championships.

Comment

Ugh...I don't want any of those guys. Ryan Grant?!! BGE is nothing special other than he holds onto to the ball and isn't worth the FA contract he's likely to get from any team IMO. Don't get me wrong...he's not bad but FA almost always overpays and he was an UDFA himself...And Hillis would cost too much as well.

There are many good backs in the draft the Giants can grab to offer excellent value in contrast to over spending through free agency. Bringing in any of the guys mentioned and Tolbert as well shouldn't have to be a priority IMO...The O-line makes a good run game...The Giants can easily draft one and still have reliable backs with AB and Ware who know the system and save cap space.
                          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I wouldn't mind snatching The Law Firm from the Pats. Two straight seasons with double digit td's and has NEVER fumbled, what's not to love? That's perfect. We showed this year we don't need a 1000 yard back, but someone who can get it done and secure the ball. He'd be a perfect fit for this offense however I doubt he leaves NE and the starting job behind him as well because AB is still our number 1 guy

Comment

I dont want someone elses worn out RB. Draft me fresh legs

Comment

Working...
                              X