Pass Catching RB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass Catching RB

I'm just wondering if there are any running backs that are known for their pass catching ability that we could potentially grab draft or otherwise?

I would love to see what Eli could do with a passing threat out of the backfield - a really legitimate one that he was on 100% par with.

Just bored speculation.

Re: Pass Catching RB

I'm hoping they already have their man.

Scott could be that guy.

Comment

Hynoski has great hands too.

I'm really excited to see Scott in there with a better offensive line. One cut and the guy is gone.
      "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

He has that much potential? For having his autograph should probably know more about his skillset, lol.

Comment

Bobby Rainey is a nice receiver from Western KY.
          Chris Rainey from Florida

I keep waiting for the Giants to draft a guy like this but it never happens and it probably never will.

Comment

Scott caught some passes in college. Sometimes he was even split out wide. I'm sure we're all hoping that with a full off-season he'll have a solid grasp of the offense and blitz-pickups.

Comment

[quote user="LT_was_good"]Scott caught some passes in college.* Sometimes he was even split out wide.* I'm sure we're all hoping that with a full off-season he'll have a solid grasp of the offense and blitz-pickups.*
              [/quote]

It's funny you should mention blitz pickups - i was reading the threads about BJ being gone and passblocking suffering, but having a back that could catch out of the backfield quickly and is on the same page as Eli I think would exploit blitzers bigtime.

Comment

[quote user="Strahan4gov"]I'm just wondering if there are any running backs that are known for their pass catching ability that we could potentially grab draft or otherwise?

I would love to see what Eli could do with a passing threat out of the backfield - a really legitimate one that he was on 100% par with.

Just bored speculation.[/quote]

LaMichael James
                Robert Turbin
                Chris Rainey
                Bobby Rainey

All names that have been associated with Giants mock drafts.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

I would love to take LaMichael James in the middle rounds, he's projected to be a Sproles esque player, just a bit bigger I believe. A completely different route but a nice player to pick up would also be Tolbert, who's just a beastly little bowling ball and wouldn't be a bad compliment to AB both being physical and then have Scott be the 3rd man hopefully. I realllly hope he pans out because his speed can really be a weapon.

Comment

[quote user="Vtgmenfan89"]I would love to take LaMichael James in the middle rounds, he's projected to be a Sproles esque player, just a bit bigger I believe. A completely different route but a nice player to pick up would also be Tolbert, who's just a beastly little bowling ball and wouldn't be a bad compliment to AB both being physical and then have Scott be the 3rd man hopefully. I realllly hope he pans out because his speed can really be a weapon.[/quote]

LaMIchael James will more then likely go in the second round.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="timmytimm3"]Hynoski has great hands too.

I'm really excited to see Scott in there with a better offensive line. One cut and the guy is gone.[/quote]

i feel like our offense really became unstoppable when we started utilizing the checkdown to the FB for 5 yards a pop....it make a defense have to respect the underneath stuff which opens up the intermediate things...

Comment

In the draft - LaMichael James and Larmar Miller

In Free Agency - Mike Tolbert.

Bradshaw is not a bad receiver either.

Comment

[quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]In the draft - LaMichael James and Larmar Miller

[/quote]

I didn't realize his receiving stats somehow until you just said that - looking at the numbers he has been pretty good.

Comment

David Wilson out of VT was said to have shown excellent receiving ability at the combine. He also had a 40inch vert, 11 foot broad jump, and ran a 4.40. He is an athlete to say the least. Also has prototypical size at 5'10 206. I wouldn't mind taking him at 32 honestly.

Comment

[quote user="Strahan4gov"][quote user="Tommy_Ribs"]In the draft - LaMichael James and Larmar Miller

[/quote]

I didn't realize his receiving stats somehow until you just said that - looking at the numbers he has been pretty good.[/quote]

They're mediocre ... he doesn't do much when he does get a reception. Part of that being us not running a classic screen anymore. Especially when comparing him with the last receiving RB we had ... Tiki (3 yards per catch difference on average).

Comment

Working...
                              X