BJ Says $500k Was the Deal Breaker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJ Says $500k Was the Deal Breaker

Not sure what was offered but Bob Papa on Sirius NFL radio just reported that Jacobs said that $500k was the difference between signing and not signing.

Ummmm .... ouch?

P.S. - If that was truly the difference, we still might see BJ re-signed in FA.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Re: BJ Says $500k Was the Deal Breaker

[quote user="Kruunch"]Not sure what was offered but Bob Papa on Sirius NFL radio just reported that Jacobs said that $500k was the difference between signing and not signing.

Ummmm .... ouch?

P.S. - If that was truly the difference, we still might see BJ re-signed in FA.[/quote]

I read that somewhere and I think what a mistake.
    Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

I think he will be back with the team.

Comment

I think he'll be back as well......the Giants are known for offering what they believe to be fair compensation packages based onrealmarket value to their players......I think the only thing that will prevent him from being a Giants in 12/13 is if some wildcard teamjumps in the ring and throws a ridiculous figureat him....don't see it happening andif itdoesn't he will be back in Blue.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]Not sure what was offered but Bob Papa on Sirius NFL radio just reported that Jacobs said that $500k was the difference between signing and not signing.

Ummmm .... ouch?

P.S. - If that was truly the difference, we still might see BJ re-signed in FA.[/quote] I dont think anyone is going to offer more then the Giants so he may be back if they dont replace him. After playing here for his whole career is it worth uprooting your family for a little bit of money.He isnt getting a multi year guaranteed contract

Comment

His ego probably took a hit when he saw his value. I hope he returns.

Comment

I think the Giants and BJ are close enough that a deal will get done, especially if BJ sees his market value doesn't match his own expectations of himself...

Comment

I can't stand the way he has ran the ball lately, but he is an excellent blocker in the passing game. He hit pass rushers very hard this post season.

Comment

500k? Really? LOL. come on now

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]500k? Really? LOL. come on now[/quote]

That's half a million dollars, not chump change.
                    Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

[quote user="Mercury"][quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]500k? Really? LOL. come on now[/quote]

That's half a million dollars, not chump change.
                      [/quote]

I would take the deal if I were jacobs for 500k less. But then again, That's chump change for them

Comment

If this is true then the thing that annoys me is that Jacobs redid his deal last year to bring Bradshaw back and yet he cant return the favour this offseason!?

Comment

I think he wanted 2mil and they wanted him at 1.5mil. Its funny how 2mil seems like so much more then 1.5mil. Me personally I think 1mil flat would have been fair.

Going forward we could really really use an RB with hands.

Comment

I think Reese knows that there isn't too much interest in a RB who has been playing since 2004 and is a shadow of himself. I wouldn't give a $2mil multiyear contract to someone who is part of a RB duo and creeping up on 30 myself. I'm confident that Jacobs will return to Reese's offer in the upcoming weeks and accept the deal with $500k less.

Comment

Dont remember the exact numbers they were talking about but it was in another or actually several other threads.

He was scheduled to make 5m in the last year of his contract. he agreed to take a pay cut down to either 2m or 1.5m per. So he came down pretty far. It was just that the Giants thought it should be 500Kless then that,and thats where the split in their Talks happened.

Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X