I think we should consider trading Kiwi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we should consider trading Kiwi

We probably aren't going to be able to resign him next off season and he could net us some solid draft picks.

He would also free up 4mil which we could use to work out a new contract with Osi. I don't see us being able to re up Kiwi and Osi. While Kiwi is a good player, J-Will is being groomed and Osi is more of an impact player on the line.

We can us the picks as cheaper replacements on the line & or LB.

But, this is just me being arm chair GM.

Re: I think we should consider trading Kiwi

Might as well trade Osi too because they won't be able to keep him either. Next year they have to pay Tuck and he is a priority.

Comment

[quote user="GfieldGmen"]We probably aren't going to be able to resign him next off season and he could net us some solid draft picks. He would also free up 4mil which we could use to work out a new contract with Osi. I don't see us being able to re up Kiwi and Osi. While Kiwi is a good player, J-Will is being groomed and Osi is more of an impact player on the line. We can us the picks as cheaper replacements on the line & or LB. But, this is just me being arm chair GM.[/quote]

with Tollefson going and the LB corp getting healthy. Kiwi will be back at DE most likely. He will be needed in the rotation.

He stays....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

this draft is deep in DL..look for gmen to trade down and get one of the lineman in 2nd rd and an extra pick..with the new coll bargaining agreement draft picks are more valuable than ever due to the less money a team has to pay..like gholston was a 4yr/40m flop..now he'd be only a 4yr/25m flop

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="GfieldGmen"]We probably aren't going to be able to resign him next off season and he could net us some solid draft picks. He would also free up 4mil which we could use to work out a new contract with Osi. I don't see us being able to re up Kiwi and Osi. While Kiwi is a good player, J-Will is being groomed and Osi is more of an impact player on the line. We can us the picks as cheaper replacements on the line & or LB. But, this is just me being arm chair GM.[/quote]

with Tollefson going and the LB corp getting healthy. Kiwi will be back at DE most likely. He will be needed in the rotation.

He stays....

[/quote]

If we keep Osi, I really don't think Kiwi moves into the Dline rotation. Tuck, JPP, Osi, & Kiwi are all too good to be in a 4 person rotation. If Osi stays, Kiwi will stay at LB. Keep your best players on the field as much as possible.

Comment

Kiwi is younger than Osi, let Osi play out his contract, he should be at his best, since he will be showing off his skills to the entire league in hopes of landing one final big contract

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]Might as well trade Osi too because they won't be able to keep him either. Next year they have to pay Tuck and he is a priority.[/quote]

Osi needs to be priorty as well. He is to much of an impact player. Tuck, Osi and JPP need to be the core on the D line.

Comment

My view is we could try and turn Kiwi into 2 cheaper options at DE and LB using the picks he could net us. And the money that he could save us we could use to keep Osi.

This way we could keep a nascar package as well as a rotational run stuffing LB. Rather than paying Kiwi 4 mil to do it we could probably end up paying less then 2mil in rookie contracts with 2 rotational guys.

Comment

Unless Osi changes his stance on what he shoild get paid I think he is done after this year. To many priority players they have to worry about.

Comment

[quote user="GfieldGmen"]We probably aren't going to be able to resign him next off season and he could net us some solid draft picks.

He would also free up 4mil which we could use to work out a new contract with Osi. I don't see us being able to re up Kiwi and Osi. While Kiwi is a good player, J-Will is being groomed and Osi is more of an impact player on the line.

But, this is just me being arm chair GM.[/quote]

OK, I've considered it.

NO.

QB and the DL are the LAST positions you want to be cheap, if you expect to have a contender.

And, I don't care if Kiwi was listed as "LB" last year, his role heavily impacted the play of the DL.

Reese's job--and proven ability the past 5 years as GM--is to constantly improve (or, at the very least, maintain) this team within the financial parameters of the league cap.

Trading a proven, reliable, top-tier DE/LB for untested picks "as cheaper replacements on the line and/or LB" is not the path to championships.

Comment

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="GfieldGmen"]We probably aren't going to be able to resign him next off season and he could net us some solid draft picks.

OK, I've considered it.

NO.

QB and the DL are the LAST positions you want to be cheap, if you expect to have a contender.

And, I don't care if Kiwi was listed as "LB" last year, his role heavily impacted the play of the DL.

Reese's job--and proven ability the past 5 years as GM--is to constantly improve (or, at the very least, maintain) this team within the financial parameters of the league cap.

Trading a proven, reliable, top-tier DE/LB for untested picks "as cheaper replacements on the line and/or LB" is not the path to championships.[/quote]

The problem is we are probably going to lose Kiwi regardless. When he hits the open market a team is going to give him a starting DE spot and a big contract. We will probably end up losing him for nothing after next season. At least those cheaper replacements will be on the squad for 3-4yrs. And based on Reese ability to find talent in the draft those guys could end up being high quality players as well.

As long as the core of Tuck, Osi, and JPP are together I think the the rest of the parts can be retooled along the front 7 can be retooled.

Comment

Last season we had the luxury of having a monster receiving core that was severely underpaid as a whole. So we are able to have money in other places. Very soon Nicks and Cruz will get paid handsomely which means other positions will have to be productive while being cheap in order to maintain championship caliber football.

Comment

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"][quote user="GameTime"]

He stays....

[/quote]

If we keep Osi, I really don't think Kiwi moves into the Dline rotation. Tuck, JPP, Osi, & Kiwi are all too good to be in a 4 person rotation. If Osi stays, Kiwi will stay at LB. Keep your best players on the field as much as possible.

[/quote]

Good point.....either way I think Kiwi should stay a Giant.

Osi has issues with his knees and Tuck with his shoulder. These I think will be chronic.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I'd rather have Osi than Kiwi. Nothing against Kiwi, but Osi's better. We're not going to be able to keep both of them.

Comment

[quote user="GfieldGmen"]We probably aren't going to be able to resign him next off season and he could net us some solid draft picks.

not an awful thought, but Kiwi and JWill don't play the same positions
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Working...
                              X