No announcement yet.

MIKE TOLBERT THINKS NEW YORK GIANTS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT: SLAMS NEW YORK JETS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIKE TOLBERT THINKS NEW YORK GIANTS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT: SLAMS NEW YORK JETS

MIKE TOLBERT THINKS NEW YORK GIANTS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT: SLAMS NEW YORK JETS

"With Brandon Jacobs now out of the picture, the New York
    Giants
    are in need of another running back. One potential option is soon-to-be free agent Mike
    Tolbert
    of the San Diego Chargers.

San Diego Chargers running back Mike
    Tolbert
    runs into the end zone for a first quarter touchdown against the
    Jacksonville Jaguars during their NFL football game in San Diego, California September 19,
    2010. REUTERS/Mike Blake (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL)

While appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio Monday afternoon, Tolbert acknowledged the
    potential fit with Big Blue and listed them as one of his ideal
    destinations.

“They’ve got a dynamic quarterback that puts the ball all over the field," Tolbert said. "He checks the ball down a lot to his running
    backs, which is something that I think I do very well is catching the ball out
    of the backfield. And then they had that 1-2 punch with [Ahmad] Bradshaw and
    [Brandon] Jacobs and without Jacobs there that kind of leaves a hole in the
    offense."

Tolbert named several other teams he could see himself playing for, but
    continued to return to the Giants.

“I would love to go up there and learn from those guys that have been to two
    Super Bowls and won two Super Bowls, like Eli [Manning] and [David] Diehl,
    Justin Tuck," Tolbert said. "Those guys that have been there and done that and
    have that experience. That way we can get back to it.”

The four-year back out of Coastal Carolina also said the New York
    Jets
    would be a potential fit, but that his personality doesn't exactly jive
    with the "circus" there.

“I like letting my play do the talking. I don’t like to do a lot of talking
    off the field. I like to do it in between the lines. So that’s a place that I
    would think about but I’m not too sure that I would end up going there,” Tolbert said. "If that’s their personality, if that’s the way
    they want to do it, that’s fine, but I’m not that type of guy.”

Looks like everyone doesn't want to play for Rex Ryan after all. Who
    knew?"

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: MIKE TOLBERT THINKS NEW YORK GIANTS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT: SLAMS NEW YORK JETS

dont know much about him other then what I have seen on the highlight reels and what has been said about him recently. Looks like he would be a good fit.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Re: MIKE TOLBERT THINKS NEW YORK GIANTS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT: SLAMS NEW YORK JETS

[quote user="GameTime"]

dont know much about him other then what I have seen on the highlight reels and what has been said about him recently. Looks like he would be a good fit.....

[/quote]

He sure seems to want to be here.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

He sure seems to want to be here.
        [/quote]

I get pumped up for new players. Especially running backs for some reason.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I would love him. He is good out of the backfield.

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]MIKE TOLBERT THINKS NEW YORK GIANTS WOULD BE A GOOD FIT:* SLAMS NEW YORK JETS

"With Brandon Jacobs now out of the picture, the New York
            Giants
            are in need of another running back. One potential option is soon-to-be free agent Mike
            Tolbert
            of the San Diego Chargers.

San Diego Chargers running back Mike
            Tolbert
            runs into the end zone for a first quarter touchdown against the
            Jacksonville Jaguars during their NFL football game in San Diego, California September 19,
            2010. REUTERS/Mike Blake (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL)

While appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio Monday afternoon, Tolbert acknowledged the
            potential fit with Big Blue and listed them as one of his ideal
            destinations.

“They’ve got a dynamic quarterback that puts the ball all over the field," Tolbert said. "He checks the ball down a lot to his running
            backs, which is something that I think I do very well is catching the ball out
            of the backfield. And then they had that 1-2 punch with [Ahmad] Bradshaw and
            [Brandon] Jacobs and without Jacobs there that kind of leaves a hole in the
            offense."

Tolbert named several other teams he could see himself playing for, but
            continued to return to the Giants.

“I would love to go up there and learn from those guys that have been to two
            Super Bowls and won two Super Bowls, like Eli [Manning] and [David] Diehl,
            Justin Tuck," Tolbert said. "Those guys that have been there and done that and
            have that experience. That way we can get back to it.”

The four-year back out of Coastal Carolina also said the New York
            Jets
            would be a potential fit, but that his personality doesn't exactly jive
            with the "circus" there.

“I like letting my play do the talking. I don’t like to do a lot of talking
            off the field. I like to do it in between the lines. So that’s a place that I
            would think about but I’m not too sure that I would end up going there,” Tolbert said. "If that’s their personality, if that’s the way
            they want to do it, that’s fine, but I’m not that type of guy.”

Looks like everyone doesn't want to play for Rex Ryan after all. Who
            knew?"

[/quote]

It's like Jesus read my thread about having a RB who can catch out of the backfield and made some phone calls!

Comment

A decent replacement for Jacobs, he's a hefty power RB (240+ lbs) as well. Depends on how much he wants too. Giants are not going to pay him more than they were going to pay Jacobs. That's for sure.

Comment

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]A decent replacement for Jacobs, he's a big power RB as well. Depends on how much he wants too. Giants are not going to pay him more than they were going to pay Jacobs. That's for sure.[/quote]

Don't be so sure...remember Jacobs is 30 years old. Tolbert is 26, has a lot more long term value.

Comment

I want, I want, I want!!

He wants to be here!

Comment

Yes please. He's a very capable runner and catcher, and can be a goal-line monster.
                    He's at the top of my list for realistic RB free agent targets.

Comment

Would be awesome to see Tolbert here. I think he would be a good fit.

Comment

I said earlier in the "Hillis Thread" that bringing in Michael Bush was a no-brainer....

I stand corrected....this is the no-brainer. Get Tolbert in a better shade of Blue

Comment

Honestly I think he and Bradshaw would be an unbelievable tandem. And both can catch the ball, which will be a nightmare for opposing defenses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeurG53N6KM

Comment

Thats what I like he sure wants to be here so if the Giants want to pay him low he'll probably take it, because he really wants to be a Giant I lOVE IT.

Comment

We would get to see Tolbert's Stanky Leg Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozH6u...e_gdata_player

Comment

Working...
                              X