4 years $28M for T2, 1 year option for Gmen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 years $28M for T2, 1 year option for Gmen

From Mike Garafolo: "Source says overall numbers on CB Terrell Thomas' deal with the Giants are four years, $28 million. More details to come."

Re: 4 years $28M for T2?!?!?! WTF?!?!

[quote user="TuckYou"]

From Mike Garafolo: "Source says overall numbers on CB Terrell Thomas' deal with the Giants are four years, $28 million. More details to come."

[/quote]

That doesn't sound like the "short term" deal previously reported lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Should have signed him to a 6 year 60 million contract

/redfont

Comment

$11M Guaranteed!

Wow!

Waaaay too much IMO.

Way to much.

2 ACL injuries!

Well, at least it has an out for the giants.

In Reese I trust! damn it.

Comment

Reese loves him some CBs...

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

$11M Guarenteed!

Wow!

Waaaay too much IMO.

Way to much.

2 ACL injuries!

Well, there goes our FA for anyone really.... Unreal. I think Reese made another bad signing here. Even if he is 100% like 2010, he isnt worth that money with Cweb and Prince.

In Reese I trust??? damn it. Let BJ go for 500K more and give T2 this?

[/quote]

Ok General Manager TuckYou; what would you have offered Thomas?

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Isn't there a 1 year option on this deal though?

Comment

I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese (HOLY ****!!!!!!!) I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese I trust in Reese.
                I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Looks like a lot as well but it could be a deal where he gets 2 mIllion this year and the Guarantees only kick in if they pick up an option

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Looks like a lot as well but it could be a deal where he gets 2 mIllion this year and the Guarantees only kick in if they pick up an option[/quote]

Truth, we don't know the full details yet. Could be entirely backloaded with a lot of that conditional.

Comment

We don't know the details yet, but right now, I'm not happy about the move.

Comment

Wow, if that is right I would be shocked.

I wonder if the money is at the back end of the deal. Or is heavily incentive-laden.

Comment

From the wording This deal is sounding like a 1 year deal cheap with a Giants option to turn it into a 28 Million 11 guaranteed deal

Comment

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="TuckYou"]

$11M Guarenteed!

Wow!

Waaaay too much IMO.

Way to much.

2 ACL injuries!

Well, there goes our FA for anyone really.... Unreal. I think Reese made another bad signing here. Even if he is 100% like 2010, he isnt worth that money with Cweb and Prince.

In Reese I trust??? damn it. Let BJ go for 500K more and give T2 this?

[/quote]

Ok General Manager TuckYou; what would you have offered Thomas?

[/quote]

Def not that much. I thought he was a bit overrated in 2010. I love that we got him back, but this deal is big. Too big. We are up against the wall with $$$ right now and we blow it on T2? A CB coming off major knee surgery for the 2nd time?

I guess I'll have to wait till the whole contract details come out, but I couldnt believe it when I first heard. I was thinking more like what they gave Kiwi last year. 2 years - 4M.

I just feel we needed that money to go elsewhere. We have CWeb and Prince who was our #1 pick last year. How about giving Osi his money now...

Comment

I only caught a little bit of his interview but I thought he said the option is for next year depending on how he does. Does that sound right?

Comment

Working...
                              X