bil cowher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bil cowher

I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion.

Re: bil cowher

[quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion.[/quote]

Give it up, Tiki...

Comment

[quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion.[/quote]

i think cowher is a bit overrated..15 years to win one super bowl doesnt mean much to me..i want someone who is going to bring intensity and a bit of an attitude like harbaugh did for the 49ers

Comment

He didnt have a franchise QB until Roethlisberger, and made it to a second SB in the 90s, more playoff appearances, better playoff record. Just because he took 15 years o win one means NOTHING. Coughlin didn't win us that super bowl. Spags/Strahan and that defense did. Neither of those were guys coughlin brought in.

Comment

[quote user="True 2 Blue"]He didnt have a franchise QB until Roethlisberger, and made it to a second SB in the 90s, more playoff appearances, better playoff record. Just because he took 15 years o win one means NOTHING. Coughlin didn't win us that super bowl. Spags/Strahan and that defense did. Neither of those were guys coughlin brought in.
          [/quote]Actually you make a great point. Cowher never had the QB that Eli is.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion.[/quote]

Give it up, Tiki...[/quote]

+1

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion.[/quote]

Give it up, Tiki...[/quote]

+1

Comment

[quote user="True 2 Blue"]He didnt have a franchise QB until Roethlisberger, and made it to a second SB in the 90s, more playoff appearances, better playoff record. Just because he took 15 years o win one means NOTHING. Coughlin didn't win us that super bowl. Spags/Strahan and that defense did. Neither of those were guys coughlin brought in.
                [/quote]

True, but insert the NY Media into this equation and I'm not sure it lasts 15 years.

Comment

[/quote]

Ummm... Coughlin hired Spags, so you're just plain wrong there.

Also, Cowher had a major say in personnel decisions, both in draft and FA, so his lack of having a franchise QB is as much his fault as it is a reason for not winning a SB until he got one.

Oh, and his division was a freaking joke most of his tenure there. Only Baltimore posed any true competition.

Comment

Also, Cowher had a major say in personnel decisions, both in draft and FA,

i love posts like this.

I call this the "Let me completely make up something which i have no knowledge about so i can try to make a point"

No articles, no quotes, nothing. Just false information.

Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Comment

[/quote]

Spags was hand-picked by Coughlin, so not sure how you figure Coughlin didn't bring him in. Also, there were only 6 players on Coughlin's SB roster that were with the team before he got there, so clearly Coughlin had a major influence on the makeup of that team. And of course, there is plenty of debate around whether "the D won that Super Bowl" or "it was a team win" (I believe that latter for a lot of different reasons).

For me, Cowher has an excellent track record, but does not offer enough of a change from Coughlin to make it worthwhile imho.

Comment

Give it up, Tiki...[/quote]lol, even if TC left or was fired I wouldn't want Cowher based on his only 1 SB win after having such a weak division through the years and have great teams to work with. Top tier defense almost every year, with a run game and oline to go with it.

He might be a great regular season coach like Ried but when it matters, he doesn't impress.
                        Peace,
                        DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Give it up, Tiki...[/quote] great response back i bet your someone who loves fewell and thinks gilbride is the best oc in the league.

Comment

[quote user="yoeddy"][quote user="True 2 Blue"]He didnt have a franchise QB until Roethlisberger, and made it to a second SB in the 90s, more playoff appearances, better playoff record. Just because he took 15 years o win one means NOTHING. Coughlin didn't win us that super bowl. Spags/Strahan and that defense did. Neither of those were guys coughlin brought in.
                            [/quote]

Spags was hand-picked by Coughlin, so not sure how you figure Coughlin didn't bring him in. Also, there were only 6 players on Coughlin's SB roster that were with the team before he got there, so clearly Coughlin had a major influence on the makeup of that team. And of course, there is plenty of debate around whether "the D won that Super Bowl" or "it was a team win" (I believe that latter for a lot of different reasons).

For me, Cowher has an excellent track record, but does not offer enough of a change from Coughlin to make it worthwhile imho.[/quote] Answer me this what has coughlin done worthwhile besides hire spags. We have been through the worst defensive coordinators in the past 7 years. Add fewell to that list gilbride is a joke of an oc. Our special teams has been a huge joke since coughlin his speciality has been here. Its time for a change bottom line and when it comes which it will watch how good this team becomes.

Comment

[quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="I Bleed Blue 56"]I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion.[/quote]

i think cowher is a bit overrated..15 years to win one super bowl doesnt mean much to me..i want someone who is going to bring intensity and a bit of an attitude like harbaugh did for the 49ers[/quote] how is he overrated how many superbowls did the steelerrs win with the personal who was under cowher. He brings intensity always his defense was known to shutdown like ours used to be now we are a joke. I see your point about harbough but untill harbaugh goes or wins a superbowl hes not even in the same class.

Comment

Working...
                              X