Losing Ross is tough

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Ross is tough

Not trying to keep Ross is a bad idea. Would rather have Ross than T2. I like the Bennett courting though. He WILL make a huge difference in our offense. Big green zone target.. I like the possibility of Bennett/Ballard 2 TE set. We will obviously lose MM. I'm really hoping Jernigan pulls off a Cruz-like year. Can u really imagine what we could do......

Re: Losing Ross is tough

I think the staff has a lot of faith in Prince to be the new number 2. Thomas will probably be more of safety hybrid

Comment

We can't keep everyone. We kept the better free agent in TT.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Um Ross got burnt repeatedly. The worst performance I ever witnessed from a Giants corner was Ross v Cleveland in 2007.

I'm happy to have T2 back plus Tryon. I'd even keep Bruce Johnson over Ross.

Comment

We have--------> C.Web, Prince, Terrell Thomas, Tryon, Bruce Johnson, and Michael Coe we already stacked I don't see room for Ross lol we are set buddy just sit back and relax. Let Reese put the icing on the cake with a few free agents and 2012 draft picks you know we going to draft good.

Comment

Don't sleep on Whitherspoon.

Seriously he may have beaten out Ross last season had he not been injured.

I think Prince is the real deal and will start along with Webster.

Comment

Yes Ross has had some growing pains, but he did start for 2 super bowl teams. He plays hard. I like him. I like T2 as well. But just feel Ross has more upside. Just saying........ In reese I trust. Im hoping for a huge draft, with some shocking moves. Big time players and one for the thumb next year. All agree!!!!!

Comment

He started through neccessity. Not through talent.

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]Don't sleep on Whitherspoon.

Seriously he may have beaten out Ross last season had he not been injured.

I think Prince is the real deal and will start along with Webster.[/quote]

+1

Comment

T2 is a much better player than Ross. Ross was forced into the starting spot and played ok. T2 is a pro bowl caliber player.

Comment

T2 and Tryon were solid resignings for Secondary depth. T2 will probably do what Rolle did this year and Rolle can wreak havoc with KP. They may form the most dominant safety tandem in the league next year.

Prince and Webster can probably hold down the fort next year. I'm hoping we go for a DT in the draft, relatively early because we only have Canty and Joseph and behind him is a very questionable Marvin Austin who, had he stayed healthy, might have given us a Warren Sapp type year next year. How much can you expect from him next year, 2nd year out of football?

Fletcher Cox would be an excellent pick, but I wouldn't mind Jared Crick in the 2nd (assuming both are the BPA).
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I can't understand why people are in love with Aaron Ross. He was the weakest part of our defense. He will go to the bengals and will suck as he has since the gmen drafted him. With cweb, t2 and prince, he giants are way better off without him. He was the worst starter on offense/defense last year. He was also benched. Good riddance.

Comment

Ross played pretty well last year. And in the Super Bowl he was a beast delivering some nasty hits.

But with that said, he's always had footing, or balance issues. He's constantly putting his hands down to keep himself from falling to the ground.

Bottom line is he helped us win 2 SB's. I wish him well.
                          Torque it till it breaks, then back off a 1/4 turn.

Comment

[quote user="Juanito"]He started through neccessity. Not through talent.
                            [/quote]

This! He was down to back up SAFETY!!

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]We can't keep everyone. We kept the better free agent in TT.
                              [/quote] agreed.. How any think Ross is in TT's class is beyond me.. TT is the guy who took Ross's job, by the way...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X