We are all set at Corner!! Woo Hoo!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are all set at Corner!! Woo Hoo!!

I was worried about Corner depth, but in one-day we added three corners to our roster:
    - TT
    - Michael Coe
    - Justin Tryon (He is the player that played with a Broken Arm and impressed coaches and Team Mates)

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/03/giants_re-sign_cornerbacks_jus.html

Re: We are all set at Corner!! Woo Hoo!!

It's funny because it's the same guys as last year except they're healthy this time round.

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]It's funny because it's the same guys as last year except they're healthy this time round.[/quote]

knock on wood

Comment

same here, I thought we were gonna lose T2 and Ross

Now we have C-Web, Prince on the outside and T2 in the slot

Tryon, Coe, Witherspoon, Bruce Johnson

prob will add one more corner in the draft

Comment

I've got to agree.We look like we're set at CB (though I still wouldn't be surprised to see a CB drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds).

Pretty good day of FA thus far. Now, if we end up getting Bennett (at a reasonable price) that would just add to it. I'd like to see them get Goff a contract.

Nothing too flashy so far, but good signings nonetheless.

Comment

[quote user="DownWitJPP"]same here, I thought we were gonna lose T2 and Ross

Now we have C-Web, Prince on the outside and T2 in the slot

Tryon, Coe, Witherspoon, Bruce Johnson

prob will add one more corner in the draft[/quote]

It's going to be a battle royale come preseason for the lower depth CB positions.

I think Witherspoon did well in preseason last year until his injury.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

I've got to agree.We look like we're set at CB (though I still wouldn't be surprised to see a CB drafted in the first 3 or 4 rounds).

Pretty good day of FA thus far. Now, if we end up getting Bennett (at a reasonable price) that would just add to it. I'd like to see them get Goff a contract.

Nothing too flashy so far, but good signings nonetheless.

[/quote]

Agreed another corner in the draft makes sense as teams now play as much nickel as they do 3-4/4-3.

I also think Deon Grant won;t be back, so Rolle will not be the Nickel Back IMHO. I think Rolle will be a true Safety next year, so corner depth is super important now.

I think we will hear on Goff shortly as well.

Comment

I like Witherspoon and Tryon the best out of the backups. Both looked really good in pre-season

I see T-Sash or Chad Jones filling Deon Grants role, I think he will retire a superbowl champion

Goff will prob be resigned, who gets the backup job @ MLB Herz or Jones?

Comment

agee tommy...

but i still think we need to add a quality safety to replace grant unless thats where t2 will play a lot...

one more quality safety from having our d backfield complete, one more mlb from having our lb complete, dl is complete.

ol needs one or two additions, need a wr, and one more te and our team is basically complete.

loving how this team is fillingout

Comment

I also agree that I think the defense will be much better off with Rolle in the true safety position now the team has good CB depth to cover any receivers put out on the field.

Comment

Deon grant came in like Blackburn and served a purpose. Sad to see them both go. Tolly to. He provided great play off bench
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]but i still think we need to add a quality safety to replace grant unless thats where t2 will play a lot... [/quote]

I think that's a role TT will flourish in, though I think he'll be hybrid corner/safety than safety/LB.

Comment

Last preseason, the secondary looked great until............................................. ............................. Seriously though, I am looking forward to the position battle this year because it is going to be a fight. C-Web is the only one who we all know is the starter but:
                          *Who will be on the other side?
                          *Will TT return to his 2010 form and earn his starting job back?
                          *Will Prince show the world why he was a 1st round selection by delivering a breakout sophomore performance?
                          *Who is going to step up as the ever important nickel corner?
                          *Will Weatherspoon have a monster year that he was hinting at with his play last preseason?
                          *Will Michael Coe became a special teams tackling machine?
                          *Will Justin Tryon make another impact like he did last year with a broken arm?
                          *Will Bruce Johnson add to the mix of hurricanes in the secondary?

Lets Go Big Blue

Comment

[quote user="DownWitJPP"]I like Witherspoon and Tryon the best out of the backups. Both looked really good in pre-season

I see T-Sash or Chad Jones filling Deon Grants role, I think he will retire a superbowl champion

Goff will prob be resigned, who gets the backup job @ MLB Herz or Jones?[/quote]Tryon wasn't on the team last preseason. As far as backup MLB, who knows

Comment

[quote user="DownWitJPP"]I like Witherspoon and Tryon the best out of the backups. Both looked really good in pre-season

Goff will prob be resigned, who gets the backup job @ MLB Herz or Jones?[/quote]

I like Herz but G-Jones has a motor, he's my pick

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

Working...
                              X