• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAVID DIEHL: POSITION MAKES "NO DIFFERENCE"

DAVID DIEHL: POSITION MAKES "NO DIFFERENCE"

"Say what you want about New York Giants
    offensive lineman David Diehl. And
    I know many of you will say he's terrible, the Giants should have cut him along
    with Kareem
    McKenzie
    , etc., etc. One thing you cannot say is that Diehl is selfish.

Diehl has started at every spot on the offensive line except center during
    his nine seasons with the Giants, and he might be in for another move in 2012.

He began the 2011 season at left guard, making way for Will Beatty at
    left tackle. Then, of course, moved back to tackle when Beatty went on Injured
    Reserve.

Odds are, Diehl opens 2012 at right tackle in place of McKenzie. In typical
    Diehl fashion, he really doesn't care.

"Whether it's at left tackle or right tackle, it's no difference to me,"
    Diehl said this week.

It is that kind of attitude that has helped keep Diehl in the Giants' lineup
    this long. And it takes players with attitudes like that to win Super
    Bowls."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: DAVID DIEHL: POSITION MAKES "NO DIFFERENCE"

[quote user="RoanokeFan"]DAVID DIEHL: POSITION MAKES "NO DIFFERENCE"

"Say what you want about New York Giants offensive lineman David Diehl. And I know many of you will say he's terrible, the Giants should have cut him along with Kareem McKenzie, etc., etc. One thing you cannot say is that Diehl is selfish.

Diehl has started at every spot on the offensive line except center during his nine seasons with the Giants, and he might be in for another move in 2012.

He began the 2011 season at left guard, making way for Will Beatty at left tackle. Then, of course, moved back to tackle when Beatty went on Injured Reserve.

Odds are, Diehl opens 2012 at right tackle in place of McKenzie. In typical Diehl fashion, he really doesn't care.

"Whether it's at left tackle or right tackle, it's no difference to me," Diehl said this week.

It is that kind of attitude that has helped keep Diehl in the Giants' lineup this long. And it takes players with attitudes like that to win Super Bowls."

[/quote]

what some think about DD:

he sucks

he's a turnstile

he cant block

he's gonna get Eli killed

he's one of the worst O-linemen in the league

well I guess Reese and the Giants FO think differently.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Well bout time he realizes that the only chance for him to start is at RT, LOL

I heard that the LG competition is gonna be between Boothe and Petrus, Snee has the RG spot on lock, Baas isnt going anywhere just yet, and Beatty is our LT, so naturally the only spot open for grabs is RT
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Diehl will have much better season at RT......mark my words...

Comment

Crossing my fingers for Brewer to win the spot. Diehl will make versatile depth.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Crossing my fingers for Brewer to win the spot. Diehl will make versatile depth.[/quote]He'd make one of the best backups in the league

Comment

[quote user="nygpolishpunk"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Crossing my fingers for Brewer to win the spot. Diehl will make versatile depth.[/quote]He'd make one of the best backups in the league
              [/quote]Hell yea, and most versitle backups as well. The guy has experience at every spot on the line (not sure if he ever snapped, but we always have Boothe)
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Diehl is just a great Giant and always has been. He was pretty good at Guard and stepped in admirably when he switched to LT a few years ago. Players like David Diehl don't come along often, and even though his skill set may be declining some, he's still a valuable member of the Giants and I'm appreciative of everything he's done for the organization. Just a class act all around.

Comment

If we sign Winston and draft OL, it wouldn't surprise me if he is cut.

Comment

DD, good soldier right there...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

David 'the Real' Diehl knows what it takes to win.

Comment

I love Diehl and he's the ultimate team player.

I don't want to see him go, but like BJ I'd like to see him take somewhat of a cut to stay.

If Diehl is starting anywhere on the line in '12, then we're on trouble. But I'd love to keep him around as a back-up.

Comment

Daid Diehl can play for my squad any day of the Week!

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]Well bout time he realizes that the only chance for him to start is at RT, LOL

I heard that the LG competition is gonna be between Boothe and Petrus, Snee has the RG spot on lock, Baas isnt going anywhere just yet, and Beatty is our LT, so naturally the only spot open for grabs is RT
                            [/quote]

Diehl has never objected to moving to RT, ever. And he played there early in his career.

Comment

[quote user="netplus"]If we sign Winston and draft OL, it wouldn't surprise me if he is cut.[/quote]

it would suprise me, the guy is so versatile and is a coaches dream. team player, high effort guy that will play anywhere

Comment

Working...
                              X