Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, what is with all the Reese hate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, what is with all the Reese hate?

He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency.

I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated.
    Emperor Tom

Re: Seriously, what is with all the Reese hate?

WE DIDN'T SIGN ****ING FINNEGAN TO 10 MILLION A YEAR, REESE SUCKS! HOLY ****

/redfont

Comment

Yes he is one of the best GMs the Giants had in a long time. It seems that since the last days as Fassal being the HC the Giants have had a lot of injuries. If they didn't happen that much then Giants could have had more Superbowl Wins. If we look at the playoffs when most of the team was healthy, you and others can see that Reese put together a powerful team.

Comment

This board works in extremes. He is either Zeus incarnate or pocket lint.

Comment

He didnt win enough super bowls since he became the Giants GM

The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

[quote user="Diamondring"]Yes he is one of the best GMs the Giants had in a long time. It seems that since the last days as Fassal being the HC the Giants have had a lot of injuries. If they didn't happen that much then Giants could have had more Superbowl Wins. If we look at the playoffs when most of the team was healthy, you and others can see that Reese put together a powerful team.[/quote]

I agree. The 08 team was built for another run also, but we all know what happen. The 09 team was really the only team that was flawed enough to say we didn't have a chance. The 10 team was built for a run, but turnovers alone cost us that chance.
            Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="Martyr"]

He didnt win enough super bowls since he became the Giants GM

[/quote]

Yup, we should have 4 since 07 I guess.
              Emperor Tom

Comment

Reese didn't help you win this last Superbowl. You can even say, you won the Superbowl DESPITE Reese screwing things up in the offseason. It's funny how people forget so quickly.

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency.

I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated.[/quote]

There is no serious debate about Reese anymore. People who think Reese is doing a bad job are idiots.

Comment

The majority of people are complete idiots......case closed.
                    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

Comment

[quote user="EJ Blue"]Reese didn't help you win this last Superbowl. You can even say, you won the Superbowl DESPITE Reese screwing things up in the offseason. It's funny how people forget so quickly.
                      [/quote]

Forget what?? The roster didn't somehow form itself. He believed from day one that this team would make a run despite naysayers like you.
                      Emperor Tom

Comment

Reese sucks because he did not sign Tebow... it does not matter that he is a bad QB, nor that he is not even a free agent... Reese should still to after Tebow. May be we can trade Eli, Osi, and our 1st born for Tebowmania.... otherwise, Reese hates Christ!

Comment

[quote user="Bohemian"]Reese sucks because he did not sign Tebow... it does not matter that he is a bad QB, nor that he is not even a free agent... Reese should still to after Tebow.* May be we can trade Eli, Osi, and our 1st born for Tebowmania.... otherwise, Reese hates Christ!
                          [/quote]hahahahahaaa you are so right. Those posters are something else.

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"]He has been our best GM since Young. If you consider free agency may turn out to be the best GM. Has helped win 2 SBs so far. With that said threads keep popping up questioning his every move(or lack of) via free agency. I rejected the mindset put forth by more mature Giants fans that we have gotten spoiled, but I now believe it. Or maybe no matter what he does for some reason he will be hated.[/quote]

Reese has done a very good job, even great. I wouldn't call it outstanding, although the results have certainly been "outstanding" i don't think that automaticallycan be attributed toReese and his brilliance.

Also, it's possible he can do an outstanding job at GM and we don't win any SBs, so i'd rather have him do 'very good' with a couple championshiptrophies in the casethan the alternative.

at the beginning of the year i said the proof would be in the pudding.i thought we had a brutal offseason, andit wasn't because we didn't signFAs (for the record, i hate FAs).

I was concerned that 2 of our top 4 receiving targets were leaving town, we had literally no TE strategy at all, we still had no obvious starters at LBer other than Boley, we had cap trouble because of deals for Canty, Rocky, and our RBs, and our offensive line had undergone a major transformation which could have affected our running game.

Well, i couldn't have been more wrong on the change in receiving targets. The TEs worked out really well all things considered, so i was wrong there, the LBers hurt us initially but that had more to do with injuries than actual roster holes, i was wrong there again, the cap trouble remains an issue, got that one right, and our offensive line you can definitely hang on Reese, it was not very good and isn't improving.

Reese made the moves he feels he has to, and so far he's been more right alot more than wrong.

Has he benefited from a very good coaching staff and having an outstanding QB? Sure, but what GM doesn't benefit from that combo?

So, all things considered, Reese has been great. Can you look at this roster and say that we've got some issues? oh yeah. I think most teams can say the same thing.

what could he have possibly done better? For me its the cap and our offensive line. If we had a little more space, more to retain players we like than sign FAs, and if our line was still really good (it used to be awesome, i'd take really good right now), i'd be wondering if Reese was some expert football alien hiding in human skin a la' Men In Black.

But those are glaring problems. Overall, how can you not like what he's done? But is Jesus Christ walking around in Jerry's suits with Jerry's haircut and talking like Jerry? No.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="EJ Blue"]Reese didn't help you win this last Superbowl. You can even say, you won the Superbowl DESPITE Reese screwing things up in the offseason. It's funny how people forget so quickly.
                              [/quote]

Forget what?? The roster didn't somehow form itself. He believed from day one that this team would make a run despite naysayers like you.[/quote]Yeah, of course people "always thought this team would make a run" when you look at it in hindsight. I don't even want to hear about that crap. They were ill-prepared due to bad personnel moves, it just so happens that everything turned out well in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X