Re: DAVID CARR RESIGNS

cool,we doing alrite so far

Comment

Nice!! I was hoping he resigned.
      Emperor Tom

Comment

Resign David Carr that's good, and also a good pick up with Bennett as well, now all we need is a O.T, RB, MLB and debt at S just 1 guy and that should be it. Also we will seal the deal when the draft come next month.

Comment

I like it so far, no dumb signings at all

Comment

Not bad at all.. No problem with Carr as the backup...

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Good move. I feel much happier with Carr than I would be entrusting the season to Perriloux or a low round draft pick should anything happen to Eli.

Comment

man there goes my brady quinn dreams
                  '

still i always liked carr.

Comment

blah, was nice having u around carr, have a good retirement.

Comment

[quote user="rcrane082985"]blah, was nice having u around carr, have a good retirement.
                      [/quote]
                      lmao...it's funny because I could see how you would think that from the thread title....the OP actually meant re-signed with us

Comment

David Carr makes a quality backup QB for Eli and I am glad he re-signed....now lets get Goff done and I would call this a productive Free Agency period....Getting Tolbert, Bush or Hillis or BJGE on board would make it awesome! The draft becomes very intriguing at that point.

Comment

I still think based on injury we will have a good shot at re-signing goff.

For the record players dont resign - like D'antoni - they retire. And Carr re-signed - not to op but guy who thought he was done.

I think Tolbert/ BJGE/ Hillis are just out of price range - don't see reeese opening up the bank for a second RB - but of any of the three come at a decent rate I'm sure we take a shot. Ellis is visiting with Bengals. Or maybe jacobs comes back.

Manningham begins his FA tour in San Fran - bet they liked that TD he came up with in the 4th qrtr.

Comment

[quote user="dave56dj"]I still think based on injury we will have a good shot at re-signing goff.

For the record players dont resign - like D'antoni - they retire. And Carr re-signed - not to op but guy who thought he was done.

I think Tolbert/ BJGE/ Hillis are just out of price range - don't see reeese opening up the bank for a second RB - but of any of the three come at a decent rate I'm sure we take a shot. Ellis is visiting with Bengals. Or maybe jacobs comes back.

Manningham begins his FA tour in San Fran - bet they liked that TD he came up with in the 4th qrtr.
                            [/quote]

Yeah, I'm RESIGNED to the fact that Mario won't be RE-SIGNED with the Giants, unfortunately. There's just too many teams that could use a good, fast second receiver like him, and at least one will offer him a nice, fat, plum of a contract.

On the other hand, it would not hurt my feelings any, if Chase comes back, along with Jacobs, for maybe a 2 year contract that Reese can live with.

And, although we franchised Weatherford, we still haven't signed him (as far as I know), so I'll feel a lot better when that is actually a done deal.

Comment

Weatheford was franchised to give us more time to sign him for a longer deal - but worse case we have him for 2.6 for the year.

Fan favorites like Chase and Tolly are always hard to see go but the truth is they are back up players. Yes Chase helped a great deal upon his return - although people really fail to realize that tuck got healthy and so did osi. Still he knew the system better then Jones and helped out nicely. Still the guy is a back up and probably doesnt come back and if he does its a min contract or close.

Be nice if Jacobs comes back after testing the market - seems like 1.5 is the max gmen will go.

Comment

Working...
                              X