A lb who can Cover and Stop the Run is what we need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lb who can Cover and Stop the Run is what we need

I hope Reese can find one. If he can, then that would be real good for us.

Re: A lb who can Cover and Stop the Run is what we need

[quote user="Diamondring"]I hope Reese can find one. If he can, then that would be real good for us.[/quote]............may I add to your short list a running back who can catch?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Good luck finding those today. The only "guaranteed" LBer who can do that from this draft class is Luke Kuechly and it would take a miracle for him to drop down to 32.

Comment

He going MLB in the draft next month, everything else will be filled in the draft. The main concern was to pick up Bennett and that's complete everything else is pretty much debt players.

Comment

I am pretty sure that this describes Jacquain Williams.........or Zach Brown (UNC)

Comment

dan conner

Comment

Us and every other team. lol

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Good luck finding those today. The only "guaranteed" LBer who can do that from this draft class is Luke Kuechly and it would take a miracle for him to drop down to 32.[/quote]
                Yep, every down LBs are hard to come by these days.

Comment

Mark Herzlich

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Good luck finding those today. The only "guaranteed" LBer who can do that from this draft class is Luke Kuechly and it would take a miracle for him to drop down to 32.[/quote]
                    Yep, every down LBs are hard to come by these days.[/quote] no offense to anyone, but maybe it's hard to find a complete franchise LB......but I see LBs that have been taken every year since we lost pierce that would've been upgrades.....

Comment

Maybe draft a tampa2 LB.

Comment

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="TheEnigma"]Good luck finding those today. The only "guaranteed" LBer who can do that from this draft class is Luke Kuechly and it would take a miracle for him to drop down to 32.[/quote]
                        Yep, every down LBs are hard to come by these days.[/quote] no offense to anyone, but maybe it's hard to find a complete franchise LB......but I see LBs that have been taken every year since we lost pierce that would've been upgrades.....[/quote]
                        I agree with you there -- I was screaming for LB's for years. However, I have to admit that I'm at least satisfied with our LB starters and our depth.

If we were going to improve on the LB spots it would be the MIKE which I assume is the hardest LB spot to find real talent at.

All that being said, I have to agree with the Giants D philosophy of focusing on the d-line and secondary. Get to the QB and prevent him from picking up his receivers.

Comment

I can understand saying we need a MLB, even if just for depth.

I do not understand saying he need cover Lb.

Last year we drafted a guy who started just 2 games. Despite being a backup and part time player for almost all the season, he was 3rd among rookies in tackles in the NFL. Everyone else on that list around him started for most or all of the season. In fact, it is fair to say that he was the most productive defensive rookie in the NFL on a per snap basis. He was very good in coverage and particularly good in space. So good in fact, that he was crucial in our vicorty vs the Eagles. He was the designated spy on Vick, 1 of the most elusive open field runners in football. He managed 10 solo tackles that game.

Let me introduce you to Jacquian Williams, our 6th round pick from 2010 who was quietly 1 of the best defensive rookies in the NFL last year.
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I can understand saying we need a MLB, even if just for depth.

I do not understand saying he need cover Lb.

Last year we drafted a guy who started just 2 games. Despite being a backup and part time player for almost all the season, he was 3rd among rookies in tackles in the NFL. Everyone else on that list around him started for most or all of the season. In fact, it is fair to say that he was the most productive defensive rookie in the NFL on a per snap basis.* He was very good in coverage and particularly good in space. So good in fact, that he was crucial in our vicorty vs the Eagles. He was the designated spy on Vick, 1 of the most elusive open field runners in football. He managed 10 solo tackles that game.

Let me introduce you to Jacquian Williams, our 6th round pick from 2010 who was quietly 1 of the best defensive rookies in the NFL last year.
                            [/quote]

Agreed...I'm excited to see what he can do with a full offseason to prepare

Comment

[quote user="Diamondring"]I hope Reese can find one. If he can, then that would be real good for us.[/quote]They are very hard to find. Not many in the NFL

Comment

Working...
                              X