No announcement yet.

Any word on us bringing in Tolbert yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on us bringing in Tolbert yet?

BJ had his chance (which i didnt agree with in the first place). Tolbert and Bradshaw would be unbelievably great for this team. Im kinda surprised that nothing yet from Reese about bringing this guy in.
    sigpic
    BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Any word on us bringing in Tolbert yet?

No, but the last thing I heard that Reese is real high on the speedy kid Scott and want to give him the opportunity to start so, don't be surprise if he decided to stay in house. I like the kid Scott that run a 4.3 we all seen what this kid can do so I'm just excited to see him get the chance to be a full time starter.

Comment

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]No, but the last thing I heard that Reese is real high on the speedy kid Scott and want to give him the opportunity to start so, don't be surprise if he decided to stay in house. I like the kid Scott that run a 4.3 we all seen what this kid can do so I'm just excited to see him get the chance to be a full time starter.[/quote]

We really gonna throw the keys to an untested RB? Plus Scott and Bradshaw just isnt as dynamic as Tobert and Bradshaw. I have to admit I only see that scenario in the event they decide to utilize Hynoski alot more in short down conversions.
      sigpic
      BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We will soon find out. Hillis off board as KC signed him. Bush and tolbert still out there
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]No, but the last thing I heard that Reese is real high on the speedy kid Scott and want to give him the opportunity to start so, don't be surprise if he decided to stay in house. I like the kid Scott that run a 4.3 we all seen what this kid can do so I'm just excited to see him get the chance to be a full time starter.[/quote]

His chance to shine will only come if he learns to hold onto the football.

2 fumbles in 5 carries isnt gonna work(yes I know the stats only show 1, but another fumble was incorrectly ruled down and was unreviewable because of the whistle.)
          sigpic

Comment

Tolbert is a nice back - with good ability to catch the ball out of the backfield - not sure why you didn't like Jacobs - guy leaves with 56 career td's a 4.5 avg and almost 5,000 rush yards. They offered him 1.5 mill - not sure they will offer a 2nd RB much more. Hillis just signed for 3. While many fans see a need then plug in one of the better fa's thats not reese's style.

As far as scott its yet to be determined what the giants think of him. They gave him a couple plays mid way through the year and he committed coughlins ultimate no-no by fumbling. 4.3 speed is nice but speed ain't everything just ask every raider pick in the last 10 years, tim biakabatuka, herschel walker and many many others.

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"]BJ had his chance (which i didnt agree with in the first place). Tolbert and Bradshaw would be unbelievably great for this team. Im kinda surprised that nothing yet from Reese about bringing this guy in.[/quote]

Don't be so sure Jacobs won't be back
              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="thomsoad"]BJ had his chance (which i didnt agree with in the first place). Tolbert and Bradshaw would be unbelievably great for this team. Im kinda surprised that nothing yet from Reese about bringing this guy in.[/quote]

Sent you a PM

Comment

I don't know how much the team has to offer to any of them, but I like Bush as my first choice, then Tolbert seems like a good replacement for Jacobs' spot. I would also be okay with drafting a player in the mid rounds... unless someone slips to us in the early rounds (a la Prince Amukamura).

Comment

David Wilson, Va.Tech

Comment

No offense, but no...We haven't seen what Scott can do. We have hopes but thats about it. Running a fake punt for a TD in preseason doesn't qualify him as an automatic shoe in.

Comment

Nothing yet.

Comment

But that doesnt give you any chance of pace. Tolbert seems more of a thumper while Bradshaw/Scott are Bambis.

Comment

Bradshaw,Scott,rookie......

Comment

[quote user="Zaggs"][quote user="NewYorkSwagg"]No, but the last thing I heard that Reese is real high on the speedy kid Scott and want to give him the opportunity to start so, don't be surprise if he decided to stay in house. I like the kid Scott that run a 4.3 we all seen what this kid can do so I'm just excited to see him get the chance to be a full time starter.[/quote]

But that doesnt give you any chance of pace.* Tolbert seems more of a thumper while Bradshaw/Scott are Bambis.
                              [/quote] Bradshaw a Bambi?? Maybe I've been watching a different RB the past few years, I could've swore he was a guy the runs hard,tuff & doesn't go down easy.......he runs harder than Jacobs the past few seasons...

Comment

Working...
                              X