Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIDE RECEIVER KEVIN OGLETREE VISITING GIANTS TODAY

WIDE RECEIVER KEVIN OGLETREE VISITING GIANTS TODAY

"One day after signing former Dallas Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett, the
    New York
    Giants
    will be hosting former Cowboys wide receiver Kevin Ogletree.

Ogletree, who signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent out of
    Virginia in 2009, hasn't exactly been an elite wideout over his three seasons,
    hauling in only 25 receptions for 294 yards, but he is skilled on special
    teams.

Big Blue will undoubtedly need to fill a hole at wide receiver due to the
    almost certain departure of Mario Manningham, but that's probably not what they
    see in Ogletree. Instead, Ogletree is likely seen as a potential replacement for
    Devin Thomas, who, ironically enough, is drawing interest from the Cowboys.

Many fans in Dallas consider Ogletree a bit of a bust as they expected him to
    blossom into a solid #3 wide receiver, but that never happened. Still, he has
    some upside and would be a quality addition to the special teams unit should Big
    Blue decide to sign him.

Ogletree wasn't tendered by the Cowboys, making him an unrestricted free
    agent."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: WIDE RECEIVER KEVIN OGLETREE VISITING GIANTS TODAY

who?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

I'm thinking this is maybe if Thomas doesn't return and to fill in on ST's?

I pray they're not thinking he's going to fill the Mario void at the #3. Please hope that's not what they're aiming at here.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

My bet is Jernigan will be the #3 guy.
        "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Ogletree as #3 , NOOOOO

Comment

Ahhhhhh, yeah....I would rather have Devin Thomas back vs getting this guy.....

Comment

yep was reported on here in another thread by another poster about an hour and a half ago.

here it is in case someone wants to link them or put them together

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2519326.aspx

Football has been very, very good to us.
              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
              4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE
              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

What is it with former Cowboys players wanting to come here? Looks like the Cowboys organization is more of a zoo than a franchise.

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]I'm thinking this is maybe if Thomas doesn't return and to fill in on ST's?

I pray they're not thinking he's going to fill the Mario void at the #3. Please hope that's not what they're aiming at here.[/quote]

Or insurance for Hixon's knee?
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Im guessing this is a special teams deal.

Comment

Is he as good a gunner as Devin Thomas?

Comment

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Ahhhhhh, yeah....I would rather have Devin Thomas back vs getting this guy.....[/quote]
                        haha, ex-Redskin or ex-Cowboy...

Should wrangle the Eagles' Chad Hall from their grasp and do this properly.

Comment

They want to get out of Dallas.Dallas cant retain any good players..Laurent Robinson bolted for Jax just to get out.They have pretty weak drafts too cause nobody wants to go there.Carr was a decent pick up but not that great.And Kyle Orton what a joke.

Comment

[quote user="Sundown"]What is it with former Cowboys players wanting to come here? Looks like the Cowboys organization is more of a zoo than a franchise.[/quote]

Well Jerry said the difference between the two teams was Eli. So maybe the former Boy's want them some rings.

Comment

No he is only going to be a special teams guy he will not play a down Reese have said it, he just need more help on special teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X