Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Get me wrong I love Jerry Reese but..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't Get me wrong I love Jerry Reese but..

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="burier"][quote user="NWKEffectElement"]If EA was so great WTF didn't he help win a SB while he was here? Please answer the question.[/quote] When did I say anything about EA being so Great? He did aquire Eli Manning though.[/quote]

so what would you consider "great"....

A GM who puts a SB or playoff team on the field every year with no injuries, superior talent, 10 mil under the cap, and draft pics that all pan out every year. ??? Oh yeah....and get FA for cheap but play like superstars.....

[/quote]

All I'm saying is the team went 9-7. If Eli gets hurt this season we'd probably be trying to trade out of the 1st pick.

Under those circumstances it just doesn't seem quite on target to say "Reese won 2 Superbowls in 4 years" Like he constucted this superteam or something.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"]Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli?

We did field a pretty deficient team this year. Poor running game and poor defense.

I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something.[/quote]

Classic Burier post.

P.S. - It isn't everyone else ... it's you.[/quote]

Oh Krunch.

I have no idea why you follow me around these boards but if it floats your boat.

I'll just remind you that you're the Patriots fan who seems to get his kicks by hanging out on a Giants message board.

Mr. "The Giants defense is too complicated due to Fewells man under concepts"

Mr. "David Diehl is a top flight Left tackle who shuts Demarcus Ware Down every time they play"

Mr. "What if the Pats win the Superbowl by 32 points"

Mr. "The Patriots are a class organization."

Mr. "Spygate is the NFL equivolent to a speeding ticket"

Mr. "I have a such a huge man Krush on Burier I lay in wait for him to post so I can have something to say."

I've forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

You are complete waste of life. And your mother should have swallowed you.

have a nice day [/quote]

is there anyone your not smarter or better than burier?

its not everyone else, its you.

gotta feel for the guy tho, he makes a thread based on something he actually thinks, and it becomes a feeding frenzy of people joking with him as the punchline...

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="burier"][quote user="NWKEffectElement"]If EA was so great WTF didn't he help win a SB while he was here? Please answer the question.[/quote] When did I say anything about EA being so Great? He did aquire Eli Manning though.[/quote]

A GM who puts a SB or playoff team on the field every year with no injuries, superior talent, 10 mil under the cap, and draft pics that all pan out every year. ??? Oh yeah....and get FA for cheap but play like superstars.....

[/quote] All I'm saying is the team went 9-7. If Eli gets hurt this season we'd probably be trying to trade out of the 1st pick. Under those circumstances it just doesn't seem quite on target to say "Reese won 2 Superbowls in 4 years" Like he constucted this superteam or something.[/quote]

Reese is "part" of the team/org that won 2 superbolws. Is that better??

Besides...like the HC and QB the GM gets too much credit at times and too much blame at other times. Do care when he gets "blamed" too much????

"it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"][quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote] All I'm saying is the team went 9-7. If Eli gets hurt this season we'd probably be trying to trade out of the 1st pick. Under those circumstances it just doesn't seem quite on target to say "Reese won 2 Superbowls in 4 years" Like he constucted this superteam or something.[/quote]

Besides...like the HC and QB the GM gets too much credit at times and too much blame at other times. Do care when he gets "blamed" too much????

BTW...isall hisfault the team went 9-7?? And dont justify your comments with "ifs"..

Eli didnt get hurt so....that point is moot. But 15 other player were on IR

[/quote]
          "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"]Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli?

We did field a pretty deficient team this year. Poor running game and poor defense.

I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something.[/quote]

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

I have no idea why you follow me around these boards but if it floats your boat.

I'll just remind you that you're the Patriots fan who seems to get his kicks by hanging out on a Giants message board.

Mr. "David Diehl is a top flight Left tackle who shuts Demarcus Ware Down every time they play"

Mr. "I have a such a huge man Krush on Burier I lay in wait for him to post so I can have something to say."

have a nice day [/quote]

is there anyone your not smarter or better than burier?

its not everyone else, its you.

gotta feel for the guy tho, he makes a thread based on something he actually thinks, and it becomes a feeding frenzy of people joking with him as the punchline...[/quote]

This is how sad you are. You're so butt-hurt over a completely different thread that you're actually jumping in bed with Krunch....Good times good times.

And this everyone else you speak of right now consists of Krunch and 420 so...

The two of you can go storm the gates if you want...I'm pretty sure no one cares.
            My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"]Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli?

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

have a nice day [/quote]Are we suffering from a bit of an Oedipus complex Mr. Burier?

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

BTW...is*all his*fault the team went 9-7??* And dont justify your comments with "ifs"..

[/quote][/quote]

Fair enough. Eli didn't get hurt so throw that out.

9-7 though???

I think Reese has done good and bad...more good than bad...but I mean..Eli throws the best pass I've ever seen to win the Superbowl.

Lets give credit where credit is due.

Comment

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"]Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli?

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

have a nice day [/quote]Are we suffering from a bit of an Oedipus complex Mr. Burier?[/quote]

Ummm...Do you know what an Oedipus complex is?

If so please explain how its relevant here.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

BTW...is*all his*fault the team went 9-7??* And dont justify your comments with "ifs"..

[/quote][/quote]

9-7 though???

I think Reese has done good and bad...more good than bad...but I mean..Eli throws the best pass I've ever seen to win the Superbowl.

Lets give credit where credit is due.[/quote]

Let me get this right. So are you blaming Reese for us not showing up against the Skins twice, giving the Hawks a game, and getting absolutely robbed against the Pack during the season?
                    Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote][/quote]

9-7 though???

And who was he throwing to? Cruz, Nicks, and Manningham didn't make any great catches?

And who was responsible for those guys being on the team again?

Look at how many drops we had vs. our opponents in the postseason. It was CLEARLY the difference in several of those games.

Comment

[quote user="Harooni"]Reese is a great GM. my only concern is how he manages the cap. can't be afraid to let players on the decline with huge contracts go.

(also at work and bored)
                        [/quote]

That was our problem since F/A began...The Giants held on to players far to long. As much as I loved Kieth Hamilton, he would have been gone. Along with a few others we held on to. The one thing I love about Reese is, he understands the business part of it and is willing to part ways with a player, even if he is a fan favorite (ie. Steve Smith)

(It must be in the air, Im bored at work too lol)

Sup Harooni!!!! Been a while my friend!!!

"...Running from Taylor makes you run into Banks..." - Pro Football Weekly, 1988/89

"But wait, theirs mooore!!!" - Osi Umenyiora

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

All I'm saying is the team went 9-7. If Eli gets hurt this season we'd probably be trying to trade out of the 1st pick.

Under those circumstances it just doesn't seem quite on target to say "Reese won 2 Superbowls in 4 years" Like he constucted this superteam or something.[/quote]

I thought the regular season doesn't matter? Especially in light that we won the SB? Let's hold Reese to the same criteria you hold Eli to. Not related to the original topic but just saying.

Your comment about him not being a player. A GM is probably the most important part of the team being a long term contender. Players will come and go. It's the GMs job to stock the roster with quality players of great "VALUE".

He is great at finding value. In this day and age where it's all about finding the best talent for cheap, he is one of the best. One example is when Plax shot himself, everyone was clamoring for us to sign someone via free agency. What did he do? He waited, and instead of over paying Braylon Edwards, he calmly drafted Nicks and Manningham.

He knew that there was a possibility that Osi would be a Giant, so he drafted JPP. He found great value drafting.

He DID construct the team. He absolutely did. That's his job. Our team is probably collectively one of the most talented in the NFL. And we didn't mortgage the future to do it. We'll be competitive for many years to come. And that is HIS doing.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="jmike"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="burier"]Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli?

Classic Burier post.

Oh Krunch.

have a nice day [/quote]Are we suffering from a bit of an Oedipus complex Mr. Burier?[/quote]

Ummm...Do you know what an Oedipus complex is?

If so please explain how its relevant here.[/quote]

How do you keep an idiot in suspense?
                            I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[/quote][/quote]

9-7 though???

Please tell me you aren't just pissy that Eli is not getting ALL of the props for our SB win. God forbid other people also play a significant role in our victory.

Comment

[quote user="NWKEffectElement"][quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="GameTime"][quote user="burier"][quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote][/quote]

9-7 though???

Let me get this right. So are you blaming Reese for us not showing up against the Skins twice, giving the Hawks a game, and getting absolutely robbed against the Pack during the season?[/quote]

You can make excuses for losing. I chose not to. We can agree to disagree on that point since I don't blame Reese for those games specifcally anyway.

But I do blame Reese for not addressing our linebacker situation for years now resulting a poor run defense and defense overall.

But I also give him credit for letting Steve Smith and Boss walk.

And he's done some really great drafting for the most part.

Just it seems like since we won the Superbowl the man isn't allowed to criticized because everyone just say..."Well we won 2 superbowls in 4 years" Like the man can do no wrong. And I disagree with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X