Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Get me wrong I love Jerry Reese but..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't Get me wrong I love Jerry Reese but..

Sometimes its the moves you don't make that instead on the ones you do make.

For example, trading osi and tuck for a linebacker would be an awfully stupid thing to do

Comment

Let's also thank A.J. Smith for being a pompous tool that has the social skills of a 25 year old shut in. Without him taking the Eli-Chargers conversations to the public venue, Archie and co. would of never been displeased and might of hammered something out so that Eli would be wearing a Bolts jersey today.

Thanks Lord of No Rings!

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="burier"] The draft isn't the only way to aquire players. When We made a move Keith Bulluck witch turned out to be an epic waste of time. Perhaps Bulluck was the only linebacker available but I doubt it. Before Bulluck it was Lavar Arrington. Are you telling me that we don't have linebackers because there are none available?[/quote]

Before Bulluck it was Antonio Pierce and Kawika Mitchell.

You'll never hear anyone claim that Reese has been adept at drafting or even bringing in LBs. Not even his staunchest supporters would be so bold (but a guy like JWill looks intriguing).

However, in our particular brand of 43 defense, the LBs are the least important group and it's JR's belief that if we excel in the front and back ends, then the middle can be average. And he's not necessarily wrong in that assessment, either, as we've won 2 SBs with mediocre (or worse) LB corps, while playing good defense (at least in the playoffs this past year).

[/quote]

Uh, he signed boley too

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Drez"]But, you're not questioning him, you're saying that he didn't play a significant role in our winning this SB[/quote]

I didn't see Burier say this...I saw him say that he thought JR was getting too much credit, but I don't think he said JR didn't have a significant role...I think you are putting words in his mouth, that's not right.
          [/quote]

To say that the Eli move (under EA)was the most important reason is to say that JR did not have a significant role.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="burier"]But thats not the point. The stuff you say is basically true but look at the replies in this thread. Everyone gets super menstral if you even attempt to question the guy. If you say he's not right 100% of the time then why the hell is everyone so damn touchy.[/quote]But, you're not questioning him, you're saying that he didn't play a significant role in our winning this SB, despite the fact that 90% of the team is comprised of players that JR brought in.

Also, if you consider his role as Director of College Scouting, then you can say that he played a very large role in drafting the players that EA actually picked.

Yes, there are some things that you can criticize JR on, but you aren't criticizing him on those. At least in this particular thread you're claiming that he didn't play a significant role in fielding a SB team just because our best player was drafted under the former GM's regime. To make that claim is ignorant.

[/quote]

See thats the thing. I never said anything close to that.

"I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something. "

--Pulled from my OP.

If you look at the boards though you see a bunch of threads that seem to want to give Reese ALL of the credit. And that's my point.

People are still high from the Superbowl win and that's cool..I am too but I'm still gonna call it like I see it.
            My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="burier"] The draft isn't the only way to aquire players. When We made a move Keith Bulluck witch turned out to be an epic waste of time. Perhaps Bulluck was the only linebacker available but I doubt it. Before Bulluck it was Lavar Arrington. Are you telling me that we don't have linebackers because there are none available?[/quote]

Before Bulluck it was Antonio Pierce and Kawika Mitchell.

You'll never hear anyone claim that Reese has been adept at drafting or even bringing in LBs. Not even his staunchest supporters would be so bold (but a guy like JWill looks intriguing).

However, in our particular brand of 43 defense, the LBs are the least important group and it's JR's belief that if we excel in the front and back ends, then the middle can be average. And he's not necessarily wrong in that assessment, either, as we've won 2 SBs with mediocre (or worse) LB corps, while playing good defense (at least in the playoffs this past year).

[/quote] Uh, he signed boley too[/quote]

Indeed, he did. For some reason, I was only thinking those that were no longer with us.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="burier"]But thats not the point. The stuff you say is basically true but look at the replies in this thread. Everyone gets super menstral if you even attempt to question the guy. If you say he's not right 100% of the time then why the hell is everyone so damn touchy.[/quote]But, you're not questioning him, you're saying that he didn't play a significant role in our winning this SB, despite the fact that 90% of the team is comprised of players that JR brought in.

Also, if you consider his role as Director of College Scouting, then you can say that he played a very large role in drafting the players that EA actually picked.

Yes, there are some things that you can criticize JR on, but you aren't criticizing him on those. At least in this particular thread you're claiming that he didn't play a significant role in fielding a SB team just because our best player was drafted under the former GM's regime. To make that claim is ignorant.

[/quote] See thats the thing. I never said anything close to that. "I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something. " --Pulled from my OP. If you look at the boards though you see a bunch of threads that seem to want to give Reese ALL of the credit. And that's my point. People are still high from the Superbowl win and that's cool..I am too but I'm still gonna call it like I see it.[/quote]

But, that's like telling a girl she's got a hot body but her face is all mangled.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Drez"]But, you're not questioning him, you're saying that he didn't play a significant role in our winning this SB[/quote]

I didn't see Burier say this...I saw him say that he thought JR was getting too much credit, but I don't think he said JR didn't have a significant role...I think you are putting words in his mouth, that's not right.
                  [/quote]

To say that the Eli move (under EA)*was the most important reason is to say that JR did not have a significant role.

[/quote]

Huh...There's no disputing that the most important player on a team is the Quarterback. And especially in our case.

That statement of fact has nothing to do with downplaying JRs role but for the fact that he wasn't the guy who traded for him.

If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.
                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Comment

[/quote]

See thats the thing. I never said anything close to that.

"I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something. "

--Pulled from my OP.

If you look at the boards though you see a bunch of threads that seem to want to give Reese ALL of the credit. And that's my point.

People are still high from the Superbowl win and that's cool..I am too but I'm still gonna call it like I see it.[/quote]

Show me a post where anyone wants to give Reese "ALL of the credit".

Comment

[quote user="burier"]Why is he getting so much credit for the Superbowl wins? Especially this last one considering the primary reason we won the damn thing was EA's move for Eli? We did field a pretty deficient team this year. Poor running game and poor defense. I think he's a good GM and he gets props for the rings and all but some of you guys make it sound like he's a player or something.[/quote]

so let me get this straight ... GMs should be fired when the team loses and given no credit when the team wins ... his fingerprints are all over this team ... yes give Ernie credit too, big credit ... but come on ... you can't have it both ways ... if you crucify them when they lose, then you have to praise them when they win

Comment

[/quote]

To say that the Eli move (under EA)*was the most important reason is to say that JR did not have a significant role.

[/quote]

Huh...There's no disputing that the most important player on a team is the Quarterback. And especially in our case.

That statement of fact has nothing to do with downplaying JRs role but for the fact that he wasn't the guy who traded for him.

If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.[/quote] Reese scouted him.

Comment

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.[/quote]So in order to get credit as a GM that has two SB rings with this team, he needs to cut Eli and get his own guy?

JR...get on it!

Comment

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

To say that the Eli move (under EA)was the most important reason is to say that JR did not have a significant role.

[/quote] Huh...There's no disputing that the most important player on a team is the Quarterback. And especially in our case. That statement of fact has nothing to do with downplaying JRs role but for the fact that he wasn't the guy who traded for him. If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.[/quote]So in order to get credit as a GM that has two SB rings with this team, he needs to cut Eli and get his own guy? JR...get on it![/quote]

His "logic" is stupefying.

Comment

[quote user="jmike"][quote user="burier"][quote user="Drez"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you love the guy fine but a fact is a fact.[/quote]So in order to get credit as a GM that has two SB rings with this team, he needs to cut Eli and get his own guy?

JR...get on it![/quote]

Is everything ok over there? You hanging in?

I already said he gets credit for the SBs....I've said it multiple times.

Lets discuss how much credit.

Comment

Gonna have to take this one out onto the playground, kids. 5 pages of bickering over nothing in less than 2 hours is not what we're striving for.
                                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                                X