Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As of Thursday, the Giants have this much cap room left...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of Thursday, the Giants have this much cap room left...

After all of our re-signings of our players and a few FA's, we have over 2.3 million available.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/16/upda...P11_hot_topics

I assume there may be one more player cut or restructure.

On a related note, I have seen people say the TV revenue cap bonus will happen 2014, it will actually occur in 2013 for many teams. And the cap could go up to 135 million, which is significant for us as it gives us a LOT more room for some of our key players.

Also, one more side note. I saw a poster say Steve Smith was taking a physical for STL, if some one could post a link, because I have searched through every reportable source and there is absolutely no mention of it. Even in FA player databases that list every FA and recent activity, Steve Smith has had no action or workouts. So hope could still be alive...for those of us that want him here. I'm open to seeing if JJ or Barden could step up too, just saying.

Re: As of Thursday, the Giants have this much cap room left...

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/...95635508383744
    @AdamSchefter:
    former Eagles/Giants WR Steve Smith undergoing physical in St. Louis.

Comment

thank you. i'm guessing nothing worked out bc the st.luis newspapers and espn fa tracker and nfc west blogs from espn writers have absolutely nothing on this and the rams have been in contact with a bunch of wr's, none of which lister were smith...odd...

edit- and i guess the physical thing doesn't matter much really bc peyton has taken physicals for all three teams left in the hunt for him.

Comment

Smith is garbage now. Get over it we have Cruz.

Comment

He's garbage because... he left the Giants?

Hard to call his playing ability garbage when he was hurt for most of last season.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]After all of our re-signings of our players and a few FA's, we have over 2.3 million available.[/quote]

Is it just me or is that like next to nothing......Still need to sign Goff, plus our upcoming draft picks, among other things.....

Comment

[quote user="ebick"]

[quote user="giantsfan420"]After all of our re-signings of our players and a few FA's, we have over 2.3 million available.[/quote]

Is it just me or is that like next to nothing......Still need to sign Goff, plus our upcoming draft picks, among other things.....

[/quote]
              Yeah, it seemingly puts Jacobs out of reach.

Comment

The cap is going up next year and again in 2014 so cap space is not that big a deal thats why you are seeing all the one year deals all over the league because if a guy pans out they will pay them next year when they actually know the cap number. As for us having x amount of dollars it is different everywhere you look and thats because no one knows besides our front office and the league and all they have to do is some creative number moves and it changes. Nuf Said.../

Comment

[quote user="ebick"]

[/quote]

thats why i said i think we might have a player cut or restructure and it could be someone we wouldnt think of...maybe corey webster? it has to be somebody that if we cut, the dead money won't reduce how much goes to the cap. i know webster makes like 8-9 mil a year. we just re-signed t2 and have prince, plus when we were re-signing all those corners something struck me as odd...it could be webster...

Comment

Nah, Web stays till next year then if prince is coming along and t2 stays healthy and resigned to a real deal not the crazy 13 mil roster bonus then web goes

Comment

A better chance is that Canty either restructures or gets traded he is making way to much he is good but not great and he is making great money not just good money.

Comment

[quote user="ashaddyt2269"]Nah, Web stays till next year then if prince is coming along and t2 stays healthy and resigned to a real deal not the crazy 13 mil roster bonus then web goes[/quote]

thats the thing tho, with t2's contract, we're essentially paying him webster money at corner if we keep him.

this is actually adding up now. i bet we restructure webster or release him. then we'll go with t2 prince and those 5 additional depth corners, maybe even draft one early. if t2 handles it, we keep him, if not, we'll have prince a draft pick, and all those depth guys.

think about it. we stocked up on corners big time. why? we're also near the cap limit, and we'll need to sign draft picks, maybe even another FA. there's absolutely no way to do it unless we get like 8-9 mil added to our cap...not saying i want to but webster may have to be a casualty.

who else could it be?

rolle would only save us like 3 mil bc of dead money.
                        canty i'm unsure of, it could be him...
                        maybe trade osi?

reese is working on it so i know he'll do whatever hurts the team the least but gives us flexibility...

edit-ashad yea it could be canty i agree. its gonna have to be someone that dead money doesn't make cutting pointless.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]After all of our re-signings of our players and a few FA's, we have over 2.3 million available.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/16/upda...P11_hot_topics

I assume there may be one more player cut or restructure.

On a related note, I have seen people say the TV revenue cap bonus will happen 2014, it will actually occur in 2013 for many teams. And the cap could go up to 135 million, which is significant for us as it gives us a LOT more room for some of our key players.

Also, one more side note. I saw a poster say Steve Smith was taking a physical for STL, if some one could post a link, because I have searched through every reportable source and there is absolutely no mention of it. Even in FA player databases that list every FA and recent activity, Steve Smith has had no action or workouts. So hope could still be alive...for those of us that want him here. I'm open to seeing if JJ or Barden could step up too, just saying.[/quote]

Well according to that netplus guy "anyone who thinks they know what the cap situation is doesn't know what they're talking about" haha it's public information

Comment

Yea I guess we get rid of one of them but I see a trade more likely, both Web and Canty are still really strong players I think a 2 or 3 for either of them would work.

Comment

Healthy T2 or not Webster is the best corner on this team with a palatable contract compared to other cover corners. Barring a significant drop off in his skills he isn't going anywhere.

The rookie pool is built into whatever teams are reporting as cap availability since the number is established right after the SB.

Comment

Working...
                              X