Nicks-------------------------- ? --------------------------Cruz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicks-------------------------- ? --------------------------Cruz

Will we go into the season at WR with what's on our roster or will we make a move in FA or the draft?

What does everyone think?

Reese & TC have said they want Jernigan & Barden to step up but that's nothing new they say that about everyone. They expect big things out of both of them.

Now I trust Rees fully however I'm not so comfortable going into the season without a proven #3. Hixon while a veteran isn't proven, hasn't played that much as a receiver and has injury issues.

I'd like to add someone cheap but who can be counted on from day 1.
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Nicks-------------------------------- ? --------------------------------Cruz

I don't understand this fascination with adding someone "cheap" to every position. Hixon, Barden and Jernigan are "cheap". What makes you think you're going to get anyone more reliable for a similar price?

They'll probably draft another receiver but even if they don't, I think the team will be okay.

Comment

Re: Nicks-------------------------------- ? --------------------------------Cruz

[quote user="Flip Empty"]I don't understand this fascination with adding someone "cheap" to every position. Hixon, Barden and Jernigan are "cheap". What makes you think you're going to get anyone more reliable for a similar price?

They'll probably draft another receiver but even if they don't, I think the team will be okay.[/quote]

I don't mean the vet min. Just at a reasonable price we can afford.

I don't see us drafting a receiver high enough that will be able to contribute right away at that #3 slot.

Comment

Re: Nicks-------------------------- ? --------------------------Cruz

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Will we go into the season at WR with what's on our roster or will we make a move in FA or the draft?

Reese & TC have said they want Jernigan & Barden to step up but that's nothing new they say that about everyone. They expect big things out of both of them.

Now I trust Rees fully however I'm not so comfortable going into the season without a proven #3. Hixon while a veteran isn't proven, hasn't played that much as a receiver and has injury issues.

[/quote]

One thing its getting clear IMO is that the giants are going to have at their disposal very high level talent at WR in the 1st three rounds and would not surprise me if they even go after a WR in the 1st if a guy they like is available. My gut feeling is they will end with a strong, fast, tall athlete at WR when all is said and done .
        " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Will we go into the season at WR with what's on our roster or will we make a move in FA or the draft?

[/quote]

I wouldn't be too quick to discount Hixon as the # 3 coming out of training camp. He does hold the single game all purpose record for yards gained. Has great hands, yes he has dropped a few passes, and rounds very good routes.
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Stephen hill anyone?

Comment

Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?

I have faith that Diehl will hold down that RT spot and maybe Brewer is ready?

I still think we need to solidify the O-line. Games are won int he trenches and our trenches on defense are set for years. let's do the same with our offense & protect Eli for the rest of his career.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?

I still think we need to solidify the O-line. Games are won int he trenches and our trenches on defense are set for years. let's do the same with our offense & protect Eli for the rest of his career.
                [/quote]

If the OLine looks lioke this:

Beatty, Boothe, Baas, Snee, Diehl

Probably. But it depends on who's at the top of the Board at pick 32

Comment

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really like Petrus at LG...for me it would be

Beatty, Petrus, Baas, Snee, Diehl

Comment

[quote user="Idkaname"]Stephen hill anyone?[/quote]
                    I doubt he'll be there at 32. Besides, the Giants aren't the Raiders. Speed isn't everything.

Comment

it's the jernigan jump

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?

[/quote]

Probably.* But it depends on who's at the top of the Board at pick 32
                        [/quote]

I really like Petrus at LG...for me it would be

Beatty, Petrus, Baas, Snee, Diehl
                        [/quote]

No love for Boothe?
                        Emperor Tom

Comment

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?

[/quote]

Probably.* But it depends on who's at the top of the Board at pick 32
                          [/quote]
                          There's more upside at 32 in the WR class than the OT IMO. After that the talent level in the 2nd round at OL is pretty even, unless someone like Mike Adams slides all the way down in the 1st ( unlikely ) , that been said its goinf to be difficult to pass up a Kendall Wright in the end of the 1st. Very hard to have a feel at this point in what the Giants are going to do . My guess right now is the BPA in their list at OL, WR, ILB and probably RB.
                          " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="G-Men Surg."][quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Is our O-line really in good shape that we could address WR in the 1st round?

[/quote]

[/quote]
                            There's more upside at 32 in the WR class than the OT IMO. After that the talent level in the 2nd round at OL is pretty even, unless someone like Mike Adams slides all the way down in the 1st ( unlikely ) , that been said its goinf to be difficult to pass up a Kendall Wright in the end of the 1st. Very hard to have a feel at this point in what the Giants are going to do . My guess right now is the BPA in their list at OL, WR, ILB and probably RB.[/quote]

If Devon Still, DT from Penn State is still on the board at 32 don't be surprised...
                            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"][quote user="Idkaname"]Stephen hill anyone?[/quote]
                              I doubt he'll be there at 32. Besides, the Giants aren't the Raiders. Speed isn't everything.[/quote]He's also the best run blocker to come out of the draft in years. The issue with him is the lack of routes he has ran and slight concentration issues. Other than that, he has all the physical tools available to become a Randy Moss type of player without the drama. It's a Reese like selection and if he's still around at 32, I think it's a serious possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X