Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carolina Panthers Looking to trade RB Jonathan Stewart for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolina Panthers Looking to trade RB Jonathan Stewart for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick

Espn Insider claims they are shopping him if this is true the Giants should jump all over this. Pro would be the guy is a beast and he only has a 3million cap hit but the con is he will be a free agent after the 2012 season. We then won't have to take a running back with our first pick we can use it on OL or Safety..

Re: Carolina Panthers Looking to trade RB Jonathan Stewart for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick

Prefer to use the 2nd or 3rd in a rookie RB if it comes to that or another position if someone of value drops.

Comment

Re: Carolina Panthers Looking to trade RB Jonathan Stewart for a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick

He is only 24 years old

Comment

A 2nd and a 3rd rounder for a RB?

How about no

Comment

His name has come up on this board last yr when AB was FA
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

He's in the final year of his contract and will be expensive to re-sign. The Giants would be giving up a high pick to acquire a player for one year. It wouldn't be worth it.

Comment

Wow u guys all say no? He's 24, NASTY, not expensive, and a 3rd? Id see if I could work out a contract that starts paying out what he'd want after we get that tv cap bonus.

Id be all over this, guys a more athletic bradshaw...wow. everyone just dismissed it...wonder if reese is thinking bout it...bshaw, jstew, and dscott would be NASTY

Comment

Plus with bshaws feet being a ? We could split the load and not lose a step...stewart was a top 3choice back a season or two ago, forget which year it was but he KILLED it

Comment

no one is disputing his talent, but like enigma said not for a 2nd and a 3rd

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                  @Katdaddyjay 17h
                  @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                  http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

[quote user="miked1958"]His name has come up on this board last yr when AB was FA[/quote]

That was their other RB Deangelo Williams.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"]no one is disputing his talent, but like enigma said not for a 2nd and a 3rd
                      [/quote]

I thought the title said 2nd "or" a 3rd...If so it's something to consider... Stewart is a special RB. I'd prefer to go through the draft but I wouldn't blame the Giants for considering it.
                      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"]no one is disputing his talent, but like enigma said not for a 2nd and a 3rd
                        [/quote]

Is it a 2 and a 3rd or 2nd or a 3rd ...I wouldn't give up two picks but for a second...? A third and id be all over this

Comment

[quote user="CruzSoldier"]Espn Insider claims they are shopping him if this is true the Giants should jump all over this. Pro would be the guy is a beast and he only has a 3million cap hit but the con is he will be a free agent after the 2012 season. We then won't have to take a running back with our first pick we can use it on OL or Safety..[/quote]

We don't have 3mill in cap space and we don't even have all our own guys signed yet. Besides we won't be spending a first round pick at 32. We got bradshaw in the 6th, scott in the 7th, why would we draft one high when there are other needs. Like say... Oline so we can stop complaining about out running game? Also there is Trent Richardson who will probably go top ten and after that there may not be a back taken till the second round.

Comment

I like the guy when he is healthy . . . . but he never seems to be healthy.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"]Wow u guys all say no? He's 24, NASTY, not expensive, and a 3rd? Id see if I could work out a contract that starts paying out what he'd want after we get that tv cap bonus.

Id be all over this, guys a more athletic bradshaw...wow. everyone just dismissed it...wonder if reese is thinking bout it...bshaw, jstew, and dscott would be NASTY[/quote]
                              He'll be one of the top free agents next year - the Giants won't be able to bring him back. It'd be a waste of a pick.

And his meagre contract is probably still too large to fit under this year's cap.

Comment

Working...
                              X