but it would provide great comfort to have out #3 pass-rushing stud
    tied up for another 3-4 years!
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Great news on the Osi front.. John Abrahan 3 years/$16 million

i would think Trent Coles contract is more comparable to Osi
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i would think Trent Coles contract is more comparable to Osi
      [/quote]

Cole is a little younger and a little better though

Comment

This deal will certainly give the Giants something to point to in any negotiations with Osi, but Osi will be pointing to Cole's deal . . . . .

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]This deal will certainly give the Giants something to point to in any negotiations with Osi, but Osi will be pointing to Cole's deal . . . . .[/quote]

Osi said after the Super Bowl he would love to stay a Giant even if he had to take less.

He's not looking for a monster deal he just wants a new contract.

He should get more than Abraham but not as much as Cole.
          "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i would think Trent Coles contract is more comparable to Osi
            [/quote]
            Agree and Abraham is going to be 34 in less than 2 months. Huge age difference between Osi an John.
            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]This deal will certainly give the Giants something to point to in any negotiations with Osi, but Osi will be pointing to Cole's deal . . . . .[/quote]

Cole is a better all round player than Osi...

Comment

no negotiations needed, have him play out his contract and he will come back after when he is 33 and beg reese to give him 1.5 a season.

Comment

I hope he plays well for is but I think that something is not right here. Do we even need him at that price? I think they shouldn't have picked him up and there are better options.

Comment

[quote user="Diamondring"]I hope he plays well for is but I think that something is not right here. Do we even need him at that price? I think they shouldn't have picked him up and there are better options.[/quote]

Huh?

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i would think Trent Coles contract is more comparable to Osi
                      [/quote]

Cole is a little younger and a little better though[/quote]

Osi is a year older and a slightly better pass rusher..

i just think its more comparable to Cole than to Abraham who is going on what, 35? And hes def not as good as Osi...

Comment

[quote user="Mr Excitement"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]This deal will certainly give the Giants something to point to in any negotiations with Osi, but Osi will be pointing to Cole's deal . . . . .[/quote]

Cole is a better all round player than Osi...[/quote]

not a better pass rusher...

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]This deal will certainly give the Giants something to point to in any negotiations with Osi, but Osi will be pointing to Cole's deal . . . . .[/quote]

Osi said after the Super Bowl he would love to stay a Giant even if he had to take less.

He's not looking for a monster deal he just wants a new contract.

He should get more than Abraham but not as much as Cole.
                          [/quote]I think Osi fits right in the middle of these two contracts or leans a bit toward Trent Coles. Osi is better at causing turnovers more than both of these guys but suffers against the run. His injury concern is equal to cole and abraham as well. So he certainly fits in the middle...3-4 years, $20-28 mil respectively.

As long as Osi plays his heart out, I would offer such a deal.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]not a better pass rusher...
                            [/quote]

yes he is. Even if you base it just on sack numbers Cole is a better pass rusher. But Cole consistently has more hits/hurries than Osi as well.

Cole is a bad comparison for Osi, Abraham is much better comparison wise. Abraham is perhaps a slightly better pass rusher than Osi, there play against the run is similar. Even size wise they are similar. Abraham is 3 years older however, that is true.

But all this is meaningless, because Osi may want Mario Williams money.

Comment

Nice post, sure puts things into perspective...Lets hope the G-men can get her done!

Comment

Working...
                              X