Beat Dallas twice plus win one more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat Dallas twice plus win one more

and we win the Divsion - and the tie breaker ----- based on the high level of play against the Packers- Eli'sinterception to Matthews run back for TD was the difference

remember the high scoring tight loss against NE in 07 - then we won the next four and SB

Re: Beat Dallas twice plus win one more

1 It aint 2007. 2 don't look for lightning to strike twice aint gonna happen.

Comment

If we beat Dallas Sunday night I say we win the division as the 2nd one is at home the last week. We will beat Da skins, I think the Jets game will be a toss up and irrelevant as going into the last week the best we can be in my opinion is 1 game up on Dallas with that game being the deciding factor for the tiebreak as well for division record......

1st think is first, MUST win Sunday night or season is over!

Comment

[quote user="harrycarson"]

If we beat Dallas Sunday night I say we win the division as the 2nd one is at home the last week. We will beat Da skins, I think the Jets game will be a toss up and irrelevant as going into the last week the best we can be in my opinion is 1 game up on Dallas with that game being the deciding factor for the tiebreak as well for division record......

1st think is first, MUST win Sunday night or season is over!

[/quote]

Must win Sunday is absolutely correct. There's a scenario that if the Giants win the next three and Dallasloses thegameagainst Philly before the New Year's Day rematch with the Giants, the Giants automatically clinch the NFC East and the New Year's Day game is rendered meaningless. This is because the common opponents records would be in the Giants favor and Dallas would not be able to win a tie-breaker.

Dallas must also face Tampa in Tampa which is not aneasy win.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Easier said than done

Comment

I can see us splitting with Dallas and beating the Skins and Jets.

For some reason, I don't see us beating Dallas twice, if we do... well then that means we go 4-0 out there.

If the Redskins beats us twice, we SUCK.
            And I want to say the Giants will beat the Jets because they aren't that good

Comment

why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??

Comment

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I can see us splitting with Dallas and beating the Skins and Jets.

For some reason, I don't see us beating Dallas twice, if we do... well then that means we go 4-0 out there.

If the Redskins beats us twice, we SUCK.
                And I want to say the Giants will beat the Jets because they aren't that good
                [/quote]

Well that's fine as long as the Giants oneloss comes in Week 17 after Dallas has lost to Philly and the Giants have beeaten the Jets and Skins. The Giantsstill win the division if that happens.

Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

[quote user="bleedinblue27"]why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??[/quote]

The same reason why Philly and Washington didn't. The NFC East played the NFC West this yearnot the NFC North. TheNFC Eastplayed the team in each of the NFC South and NFC North that finished in the same place last season as the NFC East team did.

Comment

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="bleedinblue27"]why didn't the cowboys play the packers this year??[/quote]

The same reason why Philly and Washington didn't. The NFC East played the NFC West this yearnot the NFC North. TheNFC Eastplayed the team in each of the NFC South and NFC North that finished in the same place last season as the NFC East team did.

[/quote]

Yeah, we got lucky because the two best teams in those divisions happened to finish in second last year lol

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue187"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

Yeah, we got lucky because the two best teams in those divisions happened to finish in second last year lol
                      [/quote]

Winning the division got the Eagles an easier schedule this season, and if we win the division we get to face the Packers again and the Niners because we face the NFC south next season, hahahahaha someone hates us, lol.

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue187"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Look at it this way: Giants lost to GB and New Orleans.

Philly lost to Atlanta and the Bears anyway.

Dallas lost to Detroit and may very well still lose to Tampa at Tampa.

Skins lost to Carolina and may still easily lose to the Vikings as well.

Comment

Dallas could lose all games left. On the road at TB, Eagles at home and 2 games vs. NYGs. This is NY's last road game.
                          Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Comment

I'm starting to get fired up for Sunday's game. I always start to get excited a few days before a big game. I'm not going to be able to sit through all those games Sunday waiting to see the Giants that night.

Comment

[quote user="ggrammas"]

and we win the Divsion - and the tie breaker ----- based on the high level of play against the Packers- Eli'sinterception to Matthews run back for TD was the difference

remember the high scoring tight loss against NE in 07 - then we won the next four and SB

[/quote]

How can you talk about any type winning streak when we have not even won a game in over 4wks??

How can we even think that we can go into dallas and win when we couldnt beat seahawks at home, a pathetic philly team at home. i know we played the Pack close and lost a tough game out in SF and another tight one vs Cards. BUT 4 losses in a row is 4 losses in a row. no way to put a positive spin on that. this game sunday night has to be viewed by giants players and staff as a do or die playoff game. end of story.

Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X