Will Gmen make a play for Forte?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Gmen make a play for Forte?

Im not thinking about 2012 yet, but I wonder if the Bears dont give Forte his contract extension, he'll be a free agent, and may be available at a slight discount with his potentially season ending injury.

The Giants look like they will need a RB next year as Jacobs will probably be gone, and Bradshaw isnt durable enough for full time duty.

I would like a talented pass catching RB to give ELI yet another weapon.

Re: Will Gmen make a play for Forte?

How about ray rice then? Probably a better fit.

Comment

There's just too many unknown factors at this point. Coaching staff may be different, salary cap,current Giants they want to re-sign, health of Forte and other players, etc.
      Over 7000 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Comment

Chicago will franchise him.

Comment

[quote user="chbecker_99"]Im not thinking about 2012 yet, but I wonder if the Bears dont give Forte his contract extension, he'll be a free agent, and may be available at a slight discount with his potentially season ending injury.

The Giants look like they will need a RB next year as Jacobs will probably be gone, and Bradshaw isnt durable enough for full time duty.

I would like a talented pass catching RB to give ELI yet another weapon.[/quote]

no
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

1) Too early too call
            2) Most likely not because the Bears would franchise him

Comment

How about the Cowboys on Sunday?

Comment

I think the Bears will pay him. He'd fit like a glove but the JR fears big name free agents so very doubtful we land him.
                My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="Gianthunter"]Chicago will franchise him.[/quote]

You know...even if he get's franchised, would you think he's worth 2 1's? I think behind McCoy, he's the 2nd best all around total yards from scrimmage back in the league.

So then I guess the question is, is he worth 2 1's?

Comment

No he's not worth 2 1's, IMO at least.

Comment

[quote user="Gianthunter"]Chicago will franchise him.[/quote]

what he said!

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Zeph"]How about ray rice then? Probably a better fit.[/quote]
                        I was begging the Giants to draft him. I knew he would be a great player.

Comment

[quote user="BJacobs aka The Problem"][quote user="Gianthunter"]Chicago will franchise him.[/quote]

You know...even if he get's franchised, would you think he's worth 2 1's? I think behind McCoy, he's the 2nd best all around total yards from scrimmage back in the league.

So then I guess the question is, is he worth 2 1's?[/quote]

The only time to spend draft picks on a RB is when you draft them in rounds 3-7. The position is commoditized at this point with all of the hits they take, the shift to the passing game and the success that low investment guys have been paying.

Comment

I'd rather draft a RB. Honestly, how many RB's do you see swap teams and be as good as they were? Not many, because a RB's career span is fairly short. I think the old war horse RB's are a dead species.

Comment

Over 60% of the Bears offense runs through Forte... There's no way in hell he isn't a Bear next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X