Top Ten Things The Super Bowl Win Made Us Forget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top Ten Things The Super Bowl Win Made Us Forget

Also, the only reason the coaching staff wasnt torn up (weather it would of been Coughlin, Gilbride, Fewell or whoever) was because of the lockout and the organization not wanting any change because of lack of off season.

Guess it paid off.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

How about this, if the Victor Cruz non fumble was called a fumble which it just as easly could of, we lose to the Cards and never make it to the playoffs. In fact, the Eagles would of won the division and been the hottest team in the playoffs winning 6 straight. Who knows what they would of done, but they did look good down the stretch.

[/quote]

lol the land of ifs and buts.

One thing I'll say is if they called that cruz play a fumble it would have been cheap as hell.
      My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

1. Coughlin sucks
        2. Gilbride sucks
        3. Fewell sucks
        4. Reese sucks
        5. Eli sucks
        6. Jacobs sucks
        7. Osi sucks
        8. Rolle sucks
        9. Manningham sucks
        10. Beckum sucks

Comment

"we only won nine games"......... From my perspective ..we won 13 games

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

10) Eli is Elite...

9) Jacobs still may be back. He was asking Tolbert money, which was grossly underpaid. He'll come to the realization that he has to take what we give him

8) Regular season is only for getting in the playoffs and fantasy football. If 9 wins gets you in, then thats all that matters. The fact that its 9 wins, doesn't matter.

7) One year with no offseason, with a new team, and injured most of the year - jury is out. Way too early to tell if he sucks

6) Only time the Giants pass rush was inconsistent was due to injuries.* It was pretty consistent when healthy. If you want to say we had a banged up pass rush for parts of the season, that would be fair.

5) Our LBers are fine. Time to let it go. A bunch of young guys progressing. Boley had a great year for us, JWill is developing, we should get Goff back, and Kiwi had an outstanding year for us as a 1-2 LBer.

4) true. But still, u cna't fault Smith or Boss for leaving. Boss got grossly overpaid and Smith went for what could of been his last shot at decent money and a shot to play

3) We'll start remembering Osi soon when he either gets a new deal or starts *****ing about one.

2) TC was on the hot seat and deserved to be. I said it from week 1, it will take 2 playoff wins or a bye and a playoff win to keep his job.* Besides this year obviously, since hte 07 superbowl this team has underacheived.

1) Gilbride has had some questionable play calls, but i'll eat crow. I'm happy hes our guy now.* Going around to toher teams message boards, we are all armchair OCs.* Nobody likes thier OC.* I've learned my lesson.
            [/quote]

Yeah definately Jacobs could be back.

the 9 wins doesnt matter if you make the playoffs. But we will agree that 9 wins won't get you in most seasons. Also 9 wins does matter when you're evaluating the team from a less than homeristic vantage point. 7 losses means there's major room from improvememnt.

Jury isn't out on Baas. He sucks. JR skrewed the pooch. He can't move anyone and that will only change with the aid of performance enhancing drugs.

Banged up pass rush? I mean Tuck and Osi got back in the lineup and the rush got worse.

Osi missed some games with the ankle but the pass rush was actually peaking during that time.

Tuck was "banged up" all year but even he said that someone close to him told him to cut the crap and play better....and he did. Usually someone who is genuinely hurt isn't healed by a pep-talk.

Agree to disagree about the linebackers.

Not faulting those guys for leaving. Just making an observation.

Agree on Gilbride. I wanted that guy gone after 2010...So I'll take a slice of that crow.[/quote]

the only reason a regular season record matters is when it comes to you getting in the playoffs or not. I've maintained that for years.* Playoffs are another season.* I mean we had 10 wins the year before and we didn't get in the playoffs.

And as bad as 9 wins may sound, when you take into account the injuries and schedule we had it really isn't as bad.*

JR didn't screw the pooch, we had no center and we had to make a move. It was an immediat eneed and the jury is most def out. If he sucks again this year i'll agree, but no way i'd buy into that right now.

And what games are u referring to when the pass rush wasn't there?* Your tuck hate is still disgusting to see.

[/quote]

I don't hate Tuck. I quite like him but I'm just calling it like I see it. Its this moral code I must stick by. I can't give the Guy a pass because I think he's...swell. We're friends on FB. I was the one who told him to stop being so damn lazy.

There's another thread going on about how great it is that the Saints got crushed by Goodell for bounties. I've tried to educate people on the fact that for many years we had a very similar practice here at the Giants yet I dont see anyone calling Bill Belichick a *******. Its so ridiculously hypocritical I can't stand it.

As far as Baas. Watch my smoke.

I'll have to get back to you on the specific games where I personally felt the pass rush was lacking. I'm thinking during the losing streak. Also I'm sure it won't take too long to find some Fewell quotes where he's discussing how to correct it etc.[/quote]

I'll give you credit for sticking by your arguments even after they became completely indefensible with our postseason performance

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="TuckYou"]

How about this, if the Victor Cruz non fumble was called a fumble which it just as easly could of, we lose to the Cards and never make it to the playoffs. In fact, the Eagles would of won the division and been the hottest team in the playoffs winning 6 straight. Who knows what they would of done, but they did look good down the stretch.

[/quote] lol the land of ifs and buts. One thing I'll say is if they called that cruz play a fumble it would have been cheap as hell.[/quote]

Not really. It was the officials subjective opinion. It could of easily went either way. Reminds me of the Plax ball spike after he fell but wasnt down when he was with Pittsburgh. He went down, forgot he wasnt in college and spiked the ball and was running back to the huddle. Cruz fell down, drops the ball witout being touched and starts to run back to the huddle. Same things really, but 2 different calls. Cruz himself even said he was worried about the call while being discussed. He said he wont do it again, because it easily could of went the other way.

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

10) Eli is Elite...

9) Jacobs still may be back. He was asking Tolbert money, which was grossly underpaid. He'll come to the realization that he has to take what we give him

8) Regular season is only for getting in the playoffs and fantasy football. If 9 wins gets you in, then thats all that matters. The fact that its 9 wins, doesn't matter.

7) One year with no offseason, with a new team, and injured most of the year - jury is out. Way too early to tell if he sucks

6) Only time the Giants pass rush was inconsistent was due to injuries.* It was pretty consistent when healthy. If you want to say we had a banged up pass rush for parts of the season, that would be fair.

5) Our LBers are fine. Time to let it go. A bunch of young guys progressing. Boley had a great year for us, JWill is developing, we should get Goff back, and Kiwi had an outstanding year for us as a 1-2 LBer.

4) true. But still, u cna't fault Smith or Boss for leaving. Boss got grossly overpaid and Smith went for what could of been his last shot at decent money and a shot to play

3) We'll start remembering Osi soon when he either gets a new deal or starts *****ing about one.

2) TC was on the hot seat and deserved to be. I said it from week 1, it will take 2 playoff wins or a bye and a playoff win to keep his job.* Besides this year obviously, since hte 07 superbowl this team has underacheived.

1) Gilbride has had some questionable play calls, but i'll eat crow. I'm happy hes our guy now.* Going around to toher teams message boards, we are all armchair OCs.* Nobody likes thier OC.* I've learned my lesson.
                [/quote]

the 9 wins doesnt matter if you make the playoffs. But we will agree that 9 wins won't get you in most seasons. Also 9 wins does matter when you're evaluating the team from a less than homeristic vantage point. 7 losses means there's major room from improvememnt.

Jury isn't out on Baas. He sucks. JR skrewed the pooch. He can't move anyone and that will only change with the aid of performance enhancing drugs.

Banged up pass rush? I mean Tuck and Osi got back in the lineup and the rush got worse.

Osi missed some games with the ankle but the pass rush was actually peaking during that time.

Tuck was "banged up" all year but even he said that someone close to him told him to cut the crap and play better....and he did. Usually someone who is genuinely hurt isn't healed by a pep-talk.

Agree on Gilbride. I wanted that guy gone after 2010...So I'll take a slice of that crow.[/quote]

the only reason a regular season record matters is when it comes to you getting in the playoffs or not. I've maintained that for years.* Playoffs are another season.* I mean we had 10 wins the year before and we didn't get in the playoffs.

And as bad as 9 wins may sound, when you take into account the injuries and schedule we had it really isn't as bad.*

JR didn't screw the pooch, we had no center and we had to make a move. It was an immediat eneed and the jury is most def out. If he sucks again this year i'll agree, but no way i'd buy into that right now.

And what games are u referring to when the pass rush wasn't there?* Your tuck hate is still disgusting to see.

[/quote]

I don't hate Tuck. I quite like him but I'm just calling it like I see it. Its this moral code I must stick by. I can't give the Guy a pass because I think he's...swell. We're friends on FB. I was the one who told him to stop being so damn lazy.

There's another thread going on about how great it is that the Saints got crushed by Goodell for bounties. I've tried to educate people on the fact that for many years we had a very similar practice here at the Giants yet I dont see anyone calling Bill Belichick a *******. Its so ridiculously hypocritical I can't stand it.

I'll have to get back to you on the specific games where I personally felt the pass rush was lacking. I'm thinking during the losing streak. Also I'm sure it won't take too long to find some Fewell quotes where he's discussing how to correct it etc.[/quote]

I'll give you credit for sticking by your arguments even after they became completely indefensible with our postseason performance[/quote]

If you think the team is perfect knock yourself out. My points are for the most part factual however. You could squable about Eli's "Eliteness", Or the talent we have a linebacker..Hell you could even argue that Baas is a good player. but other than that there's not much to refute. Facts don't actually require defense.

I don't really know what else to tell you.
                My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="burier"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] lol the land of ifs and buts. One thing I'll say is if they called that cruz play a fumble it would have been cheap as hell.[/quote]

Not really. It was the officials subjective opinion. It could of easily went either way. Reminds me of the Plax ball spike after he fell but wasnt down when he was with Pittsburgh. He went down, forgot he wasnt in college and spiked the ball and was running back to the huddle. Cruz fell down, drops the ball witout being touched and starts to run back to the huddle. Same things really, but 2 different calls. Cruz himself even said he was worried about the call while being discussed. He said he wont do it again, because it easily could of went the other way.

[/quote]

Those plays are similar but my point is...Plaxico spiking the ball had nothing to do with the competition.

If you give the ball to Arizona in Cruz's case it would be like the Cards won a technicality. Which I always find cheap.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

10) Eli is Elite...

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll give you credit for sticking by your arguments even after they became completely indefensible with our postseason performance[/quote]

If you think the team is perfect knock yourself out. My points are for the most part factual however. You could squable about Eli's "Eliteness", Or the talent we have a linebacker..Hell you could even argue that Baas is a good player. but other than that there's not much to refute. Facts don't actually require defense.

I don't really know what else to tell you.[/quote]

Actually this team was perfect because we got the best possible outcome last season. It doesn't matter if we went 9-7 or 16-0, you get the same trophy. There is no improving on what we did last year. The "flaws" you pointed out were apparently not fatal, so who gives a ****?

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="burier"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

10) Eli is Elite...

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't really know what else to tell you.[/quote]

Actually this team was perfect because we got the best possible outcome last season. It doesn't matter if we went 9-7 or 16-0, you get the same trophy. There is no improving on what we did last year. The "flaws" you pointed out were apparently not fatal, so who gives a ****?[/quote]

I give a **** because I want to repeat. The best possible outcome is great. We overcame alot.

But the team can improve. You're either getting better or your getting worse.

But like I said...feel free to believe that the Giants are flawless. That is totally up to you.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="burier"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] Those plays are similar but my point is...Plaxico spiking the ball had nothing to do with the competition. If you give the ball to Arizona in Cruz's case it would be like the Cards won a technicality. Which I always find cheap.[/quote]

No doubt it would of sucked, but if they called it, I wouldnt of complained because to me, if I was a Cards fan, I would of been furious it was a no call. I think unbiasedly I would of leaned more to the favor of a fumble. No one touched him, he dropped the ball. You cant do that in the NFL.

Comment

Well the SB made me forget all of the dropped and tipped passes for INTs. Well almost

The SB win made me forget all the illegal Procedure penalties. Well not quite

The SB made me forget all the "To Much Time Penalities" when the clock ran out and sometimes it happened after a timeout lol
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Re: #8 (winning only 9 games)

I look at it as retribution for going 10-6 and missing the playoffs in 2010.* It evened out.

I think you should add a bit about how terrible our O-line is, it's amazing we won a Super Bowl with a line that needs immediate destruction.
                            [/quote]
                            +1 on all of your points.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="burier"][quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="burier"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote] Those plays are similar but my point is...Plaxico spiking the ball had nothing to do with the competition. If you give the ball to Arizona in Cruz's case it would be like the Cards won a technicality. Which I always find cheap.[/quote]

No doubt it would of sucked, but if they called it, I wouldnt of complained because to me, if I was a Cards fan, I would of been furious it was a no call. I think unbiasedly I would of leaned more to the favor of a fumble. No one touched him, he dropped the ball. You cant do that in the NFL.

[/quote]

If Im being completely honest. If I was a cards fan I'd expect my team to play defense and get a stop. I wouldn't whine about the refs not coming to the rescue. But I see your point. Could have gone either way.

Another example would be that TD the Pack scored on us..was it Driver? Prince knocks it out at last minute...it stands as a TD.

Alot of us were pissed about that call but to me...I'm thinking what the hell do we have to complain about? Its not like we covered the guy. We're looking for help on a technicality at that point and its against my football sensabilities.

Comment

[quote user="888888"]

"we only won nine games"......... From my perspective ..we won 13 games

[/quote]

Thus the adage - it's not how you get there, it's how you FINISH!

Comment

Working...
                                X