Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something about Martellus Bennett that's hard to believe...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something about Martellus Bennett that's hard to believe...

He's been in the league for 4 years so you wouldn't really think this, but he's younger than Victor Cruz! I think he's got potential to grow as a number one TE for the first time

Re: Something about Martellus Bennett that's hard to believe...

Nicks is over a year younger than Cruz too.

Comment

Yeah it's pretty crazy how young we are at the offensive skill positions given the talent level

Comment

my only question is...how long is it going to take him to wrap his mind around the offense?

Its more complicated than what he's used to and he never really came off as a Master at that.

Eli needs to get ahold of him witha quickness.
        My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

That is interesting.

Comment

[quote user="burier"]my only question is...how long is it going to take him to wrap his mind around the offense?

Its more complicated than what he's used to and he never really came off as a Master at that.

Eli needs to get ahold of him witha quickness.[/quote]

ehh i disagree. AS a tight end it should be a complicated offense
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Igot a strange feeling this Bennett pick up is going to be huge in 2012. He will put up solid #s, but also help a bunch in the run game.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]my only question is...how long is it going to take him to wrap his mind around the offense? Its more complicated than what he's used to and he never really came off as a Master at that. Eli needs to get ahold of him witha quickness.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, the TE doesn't have nearly as many sight adjutsments on routes as the WRs' do.

All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

[quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"]my only question is...how long is it going to take him to wrap his mind around the offense? Its more complicated than what he's used to and he never really came off as a Master at that. Eli needs to get ahold of him witha quickness.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, the TE doesn't have nearly as many sight adjutsments on routes as the WRs' do.

[/quote]

I don't know..word on the street is Shockey never figured it out.
                  My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't know..word on the street is Shockey never figured it out.[/quote]

i never heard that one
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i never heard that one
                      [/quote]

I don't know if thats true about Shockey never figuring out sight adjustments but I know I've seen Eli talking to Shockey many time after a play and it could well be he was telling him about what he should have done and didn't do, Shockey never impressed me with his mental part of the game

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i never heard that one
                        [/quote]

I don't know if thats true about Shockey never figuring out sight adjustments but I know I've seen Eli talking to Shockey many time after a play and it could well be he was telling him about what he should have done and didn't do, Shockey never impressed me with his mental part of the game

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

and by the street u mean in your own mind?

Comment

[quote user="JesseJames"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="burier"][quote user="TrueBlue@NYC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i never heard that one
                            [/quote]

I don't know if thats true about Shockey never figuring out sight adjustments but I know I've seen Eli talking to Shockey many time after a play and it could well be he was telling him about what he should have done and didn't do, Shockey never impressed me with his mental part of the game[/quote]

Shockey would mess up on the sight adjustments too often for my liking. That one game from hell when we were home vs minnesota with elis infamous 4 int game, well two of them were on shockey. One play he sat on his curl route when he was supposed to clear out which would have brought his defender out of thd throwing lane. The defender who souldnt have been anywhere near the pass was right in the passing lane cuz shockey read it wrong. He did that again vs chicago i believe. The other int in that minn game, he was supposed to have actually sat in the zone on a curl, instead he ran an out, brought his defender who shoulda never been near the pass into the passing lane. This one went for 6my i believe.

Hed do it almost once a game guaranteed. Usually nothing bad happened like the minn game, theyd usually just fall incomplete or the play would look all ugly.

Comment

But i have nothing but confidence bennett is going to kill it. Unlike shockey, bennett seems to be here with the coadhes training instead of miami, hes said he cant wait to start working with eli, he wants to be a 60 catch guy he knows hes gonna have to work for it and gain elis trust.

Hes going to be a dangerous option hes going to kill it.

Comment

Working...
                              X