• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIANTS' OL PICTURE NOT YET IN FOCUS

GIANTS' OL PICTURE NOT YET IN FOCUS

"With ORT Kareem McKenzie not in the team’s plans for next
    season — he has been told he’s free to shop his services elsewhere — the
    offensive line once more will undergo some changes. What those final plans will
    be, however, are not yet clear. Assuming OLT Will Beatty (eye)
    is fine in his return, he will start again, as he did before the injury.
    Kevin Boothe figures to be the left guard again, next to
    C David Baas and ORG Chris Snee. But right
    tackle remains open. The most likely candidates are Dave Diehl,
    the team’s jack-of-all-trades who has played several spots on the line, or 2011
    fourth-rounder James Brewer. Diehl would be the safer play, as
    it’s not yet clear if Brewer (who barely played as a rookie) is ready for the
    big step up. Another option would be to bring back Tony Ugoh, a
    Colts castoff who has starting experience. However, you cannot rule out the
    Giants drafting an offensive lineman high —in fact, it’s a distinct
    possibility."

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GIANTS' OL PICTURE NOT YET IN FOCUS

If Beatty is healthy I like him at LT

Diehl at LG

Baas at C

Snee at RG

Brewster at RT

with Petus, Boothe and draft picks in the mix

other options are Ugoh, andrews,

Comment

Kevin Boothe is a joke at LG. Too slow to pull or trap and not phyiscal at the point of attack. We need an upgrade. Does not help that Bass was awful next to him either.

A decent speedy YAC RB like David Wilson could make them look better than they really are.

Comment

[quote user="drbones"]If Beatty is healthy I like him at LT

Diehl at LG

Baas at C

Snee at RG

Brewster at RT

other options are Ugoh, andrews,[/quote]

Diehl flat out sucked at guard last year. Boothe is a lock to start there.

Comment

[quote user="Verve"]Kevin Boothe is a joke at LG. Too slow to pull or trap and not phyiscal at the point of attack. We need an upgrade. Does not help that Bass was awful next to him either.

A decent speedy YAC RB like David Wilson could make them look better than they really are.[/quote]

You're nuts! Boothe was our best lineman last year. He is def starting this year...

Comment

I think Petrus and Boothe are both good options at LG. They will battle it out in camp and either one could wind-up starting.

Comment

I miss the days of ohara, snee, seubert, deihl, and mckenzie man.... I really would love to have a set, stable, above average line again

Comment

[quote user="Verve"]Kevin Boothe is a joke at LG. Too slow to pull or trap and not phyiscal at the point of attack. We need an upgrade. Does not help that Bass was awful next to him either.

A decent speedy YAC RB like David Wilson could make them look better than they really are.[/quote]

In 2010,when we went 5 straight games without surrendering a sack, a record BTW, Boothe was the LG I believe. He also plays center well enough to start on some teams.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

[quote user="RoanokeFan"][quote user="Verve"]Kevin Boothe is a joke at LG. Too slow to pull or trap and not phyiscal at the point of attack. We need an upgrade. Does not help that Bass was awful next to him either.

In 2010,when we went 5 straight games without surrendering a sack, a record BTW, Boothe was the LG I believe. He also plays center well enough to start on some teams.
                  [/quote]

IA Ro, Boothe has my vote for center until and if Baas wins it in camp.

Comment

Honestly if it were up too me.

RT - D.DEIHL
                    RG - C.SNEE
                    C - K.BOOTHE
                    LG - M.PETRUS
                    LT - W.BEATTY

but because of the money tied into Baas they will force him to play that spot until its clear as day hes the weakest link in the line.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                    @Katdaddyjay 17h
                    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

I think we should go

Beatty-Petrus-Baas-Snee-Brewer/Pick

Comment

I hate the whole thing - snee. but even snee is on the decline.

we failed to draft linemen early in rounds over the years.

Comment

[quote user="drbones"]If Beatty is healthy I like him at LT

Diehl at LG

Baas at C

Snee at RG

Brewster at RT

other options are Ugoh, andrews,[/quote]
                          That's how it's going to be and I agree that there is going to be a high draft pick in there somewhere. I also think that either Boothe or Petrus will be starting at LG and that Diehl will be backing-up at both LG and LT.

I don't think that Beatty is horrible, but I don't really like him as a long-term solution either.

Comment

Cant we just draft a BEAST OL already?.. i always feel like when i see other teams, they look like they have MONSTERS up front. We look like we have skinny or to fat, or too slow of offensive lineman with no push.

Comment

We need to draft OL in the first 3 rounds this year... Everyone either sucks or is old. Eli being the QB and leader that he is made the line look way better than it was in 2011. The OL was why we couldn't run the ball for **** too...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X