Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Osi Umenyiora - this is the guy most of you don't want to resign? or wanted to trade?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi Umenyiora - this is the guy most of you don't want to resign? or wanted to trade?

Sorry to piggy back or hi-jack your thread Nevada11 but this is a FANTASTIC video and I can't possibly see how some people would want to trade and elite DE. Quite possibly the best pass rusher in the NFL.

It's asinine to me..

Watch this video that Nevada11 posted if you ever wanted Osi gone, traded, cut, what have you.

I hope Reese gives him a 3-4 year extension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlKDo_m694
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Re: Osi Umenyiora - this is the guy most of you don't want to resign? or wanted to trade?

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Sorry to piggy back or hi-jack your thread Nevada11 but this is a FANTASTIC video you made and I can't possibly see how some people would want to trade and elite DE. Quite possibly the best pass rusher in the NFL.

It's asinine to me..

Watch this video that Nevada11 made if you ever wanted Osi gone, traded, cut, what have you.

I hope Reese gives him a 3-4 year extension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlKDo_m694
    [/quote]Agree 1000%!!!

Comment

Re: Osi Umenyiora - this is the guy most of you don't want to resign? or wanted to trade?

i think his attitude the last 12-15 months made people step away from him!

i felt betrayed by him when he went out talking bout his contract and JR!

he redeemed himself during the season by wreaking havoc on defense.

imo he does deserve a fair contract from the Giants!

sigpic

Comment

no no no i didnt make it LOL

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue1971"]

[/quote]

It was part of the CBA... he had to file any claims.

it's not like he openly came out and said this stuff to the media. That's what people don't understand. His attitude was fine I don't get why people made him out to be a cancer...ever.

Comment

[quote user="nevada11"]no no no i didnt make it LOL[/quote]

Oh my apologies, still a great video you posted.

Comment

I hope he has the kind of season that will make him the top-paid DE in the league.

How's that for diplomacy?

Comment

Tuck and JPP are great players but Osi is a game changer. Lock him up!

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue1971"]

[/quote]Isn't this what happened in the '10 season, then he played well, THEN he got pissed at Jerry for not living up to whatever they agreed upon, then played well AGAIN in 2011.

Anyway, I won't even get into this because I'll get flamed for not supporting Reese.

Comment

It's not about wanting to get rid of him as much as it is that he wants lots of money.

They have to take care of Tuck next year.

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"][quote user="BigBlue1971"]

i felt betrayed by him when he went out talking bout his contract and JR!*

imo he does deserve a fair contract from the Giants!*

[/quote]

It was part of the CBA... he had to file any claims.

it's not like he openly came out and said this stuff to the media. That's what people don't understand. His attitude was fine I don't get why people made him out to be a cancer...ever.
                      [/quote]

I'm with you 100% re this. I never got the "hate" about his so called bad attitude the past year. Misunderstood quotes and their contexts, mostly.

The only time in his career he really could be described as having a bad "attitude" was near the end of 2009 season. And he apologized for that behavior right before the 2010 season, in front of all players, coaches, FO, and the fans who were at that dinner. On video.

And frankly, if anyone on defense that year did NOT have an attitude, they should have, because they were all horrendous that season (except TT).

And as for people clinging to Osi as "not good against the run", that was true his first few years, but not 2010 and 2011. Some fans should try actually watching a player's game before blindly criticizing that player with such broad brushes.

It simply cannot be over stated how blessed we are as fans to witness a D Line that has JPP, Tuck, AND Osi--and Kiwi in certain defense packages.

THAT's what I'm clinging to, for as long as we can keep them.

Comment

I think everyone who says Osi is a one dimensional player and can only rush the passer need to take a look at that video!

Comment

it was an affidavit guys which can be voluntary or subpoenaed. Osi wasn't the only one to file it apparently alot of guys unnamed from all 32 teams did as well. Osi might not have been the only giant to put one in, he was just the noticeable one cause his case was the best one to use too show mistrust and UN-proper business formats used by organizations to players.

i love the way he attacks the ball, to have a knack from stripping the ball away is not taught that's hustle right there. it's almost like he doesn't even care about putting hands on the QB just getting the ball stripped. i hope he retires a Giant, he deserves it.
                          Anti-Osi's have quieted down though he gave them no leg to stand on.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                          @Katdaddyjay 17h
                          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

[quote user="buddy33"]It's not about wanting to get rid of him as much as it is that he wants lots of money.

They have to take care of Tuck next year.[/quote]

This. we have a TON of people to pay coming up. Osi is arguably the 3rd best DE on the team.

Comment

[quote user="gumby742"][quote user="buddy33"]It's not about wanting to get rid of him as much as it is that he wants lots of money.

They have to take care of Tuck next year.[/quote]

This. we have a TON of people to pay coming up. Osi is arguably the 3rd best DE on the team.[/quote]

But the point is that our "3rd best DE on the team" is better than the best DE on many other teams.

Comment

Working...
                              X