JPP & 2010 NFL Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPP & 2010 NFL Draft

Remember when some Giants Fans wanted Rolando McClain #15?

Also some Giants Fans wanted the Giants to trade up. I will say this im not going to lie I wanted a MLB at the time because Pierce was cut and I was hoping the Giants could find a guy that could fill the void but I was also quite happy with JPP #15 because I was willing to give him a chance and sure enough JPP has become a stud/pro-bowl DE in his 2nd second season. I give a lot of credit to Jerry Resse he is the man, we are fortunate to have a great GM like him. I trust Jerry Resse.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Re: JPP & 2010 NFL Draft

Reese was very high on Spiller in 2010 and he would have been Reese's first choice...then McClain, then JPP.

I admit I didn't want JPP and I was literally praying the Giants wouldn't take him but...I'm happy I was wrong about him. He's been phenomenal.
    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

i wasn't a huge fan of the pick at the time, i didn't hate the pick either though, i thought he would b a project that would take 4 years to make a big impact, but JPP has become my favorite player on this team, crazy how things work out

Comment

Will admit, I was scared to death it was even reported the giants really liked JPP. JPP was everyone's popular "boom or bust" pick and people made it out to seem like he had poor work ethic and wasnt very intelligent so people just thought he would underachieve in the NFL

Credit to reese, best pick hes made

Comment

Yeah, I was annoyed when JPP was drafted. Well.. more annoyed at Oakland for seemingly stealing Rolando.
          It's great that it's worked out the way it has.

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]Reese was very high on Spiller in 2010 and he would have been Reese's first choice...then McClain, then JPP.

I admit I didn't want JPP and I was literally praying the Giants wouldn't take him but...I'm happy I was wrong about him. He's been phenomenal.[/quote]
            +1. I wanted McClain, but I wasn't trading up for him. I wanted Weatherspoon as well, but I knew that he was a reach at that spot so I was okay with JPP. I was sick about not getting a top LB, but I have liked our "never enough DE's" philosophy.

Comment

[quote user="Antwuan"]Remember when some Giants Fans wanted Rolando McClain #15?

Also some Giants Fans wanted the Giants to trade up. I will say this im not going to lie I wanted a MLB at the time because Pierce was cut and I was hoping the Giants could find a guy that could fill the void but I was also quite happy with JPP #15 because I was willing to give him a chance and sure enough JPP has become a stud/pro-bowl DE in his 2nd second season. I give a lot of credit to Jerry Resse he is the man, we are fortunate to have a great GM like him. I trust Jerry Resse.[/quote]

This football outsiders article is good for a laugh in retrospect:

[link]http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2010/introducing-sackseer[/link]

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]Reese was very high on Spiller in 2010 and he would have been Reese's first choice...then McClain, then JPP..[/quote]

We dont know this at all. Its purely speculation.

Just like supposedly the giants thought heyward-bey was the best WR in the Nicks draft.

Comment

In back-to-back years Jerry Reese has drafted 2 players that are top 10 in the NFL at their position. Best GM in football period.

Comment

I would go as far and say Nicks and JPP are top 5 and JPP may even be the best in the league at his position.

Comment

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]I would go as far and say Nicks and JPP are top 5 and JPP may even be the best in the league at his position.[/quote]

so they are both top 10 right? :P

JPP is clearly top 3 and Nicks I would say is top 8

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="titwio"]Reese was very high on Spiller in 2010 and he would have been Reese's first choice...then McClain, then JPP..[/quote]

Just like supposedly the giants thought heyward-bey was the best WR in the Nicks draft.[/quote]

I definitely do not buy the DHB rumor for 1 reason: The giants do tend to interview the heck out of guys they like. They interviewed and reinterviewed Nicks. It was said on draft day the Giants spent a lot of time with Nicks. The Giants made no attempt to hide who they liked.

The rumor that the Giants liked Spiller is also based on the fact that they spent a lot of time with him.

I never once saw any reports of us repeatedly interviewing DHB. Maybe I just missed em, but I cant find em now either.

I recall even Mayock noting how much time the Giants spent with Nicks prior to the draft.

Lastly, I would add that because a guy hasnt done as well with another team doesnt mean he wouldnt have done well with us. Especially when your talking aboutthe Raiders who have been an organizational mess and the worst team in the NFL at developing talent, mostly because of the numberous coaching changes and scheme changes in recent years.
                        sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="titwio"]Reese was very high on Spiller in 2010 and he would have been Reese's first choice...then McClain, then JPP..[/quote]

Just like supposedly the giants thought heyward-bey was the best WR in the Nicks draft.[/quote]

I definitely do not buy the DHB rumor for 1 reason: The giants do tend to interview the heck out of guys they like. They interviewed and reinterviewed Nicks. It was said on draft day the Giants spent a lot of time with Nicks. The Giants made no attempt to hide who they liked.

The rumor that the Giants liked Spiller is also based on the fact that they spent a lot of time with him.

I never once saw any reports of us repeatedly interviewing DHB. Maybe I just missed em, but I cant find em now either.*

I recall even Mayock noting how much time the Giants spent with Nicks prior to the draft.

Lastly, I would add that because a guy hasnt done as well with another team doesnt mean he wouldnt have done well with us. Especially when your talking aboutthe Raiders who have been an organizational mess and the worst team in the NFL at developing talent, mostly because of the numberous coaching changes and scheme changes in recent years.
                          [/quote]
                          DHB has had to contend with Jamarcus Russell, Charlie Frye, Bruce Gradkowski and Jason Campbell - no wonder he was invisible.
                          Notice how he finally started putting up good numbers once Carson Palmer came to town.

Comment

Let's hope the trend continues
                            The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

Definitely credit Reese for having a great eye for talent. More importantly, credit this coaching staff and locker room for JPP's development. If this kid is playing in Seattle, Tennessee or Buffalo, then he isn't the dominant force he has become.

There are a lot of "poor" coaches in the NFL and the Giants are one of the few teams blessed with a quality, HOF caliber chief.
                              "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
                              Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
                              Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
                              Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
                              Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
                              Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
                              Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
                              Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Comment

Working...
                              X