Does everyone still trust Fewell?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does everyone still trust Fewell?

I dont want to sound like a hater. But I get the vibe that we got on a run this year especially from the d-line and its pass rush. I felt like Fewell, for a majority of the season, never made adjustments.
    When we had Spags he would always be making adjustments and working with the players. I just dont totally trust Fewell yet. We do have to remember that before the playoff run it was a virtual certainty that he was going to be gone.

So anyway I just wanted to hear your thoughts on Fewell and for the people that are totally happy with him tell me why. I know we did win a superbowl but again without a pass rush he didnt do that much schematically.

Re: Does everyone still trust Fewell?

I have not been a huge fan of Fewell since he has been here, still not but I am optimistic now after the recent run.

Comment

Yes.

He can call absolutely GENUIS game at times... however he can also call an abysmal games at times.

I want to give him the chance with a healthy defense and another year in the scheme.
      "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Yes.

He can call absolutely GENUIS game at times... however he can also call an abysmal games at times.

I want to give him the chance with a healthy defense and another year in the scheme.
        [/quote]
        Yeah he has defintely earned another year I just dont trust him.

Comment

The Mara's and Tisch's do so that ok be me.......
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

well we haven't won a championship since he's been DC.... oh wait.

Comment

He lost half his squad to injury last season, can you blame him for his defense's poor performance during much of the regular season?

Comment

When the D was healthy they played great. Fewell is part of the reason why and is a very good D Coord.

Comment

yea i trust Fewell! the players buy into his plan thats why they are the champions!

he'll make them better this season!

sigpic

Comment

was never a big fan of all his loose zone schemes but once he started playing press coverage and letting our D-line do their thing...combine that with the defense getting healthy and you have superbowl ring number 4...im not sure but I dont thnk he is great at in game adjustments either...

Comment

[quote user="Flip Empty"]He lost half his squad to injury last season, can you blame him for his defense's poor performance during much of the regular season?[/quote]

the person that started this trend sounds like the NY media. State the problem (that sells) and ignore the cause. Thanks for pointing it out to him.

Comment

How can we trust him - He lost Tuck for much of the year with the labrum and groin - osi for half a year - starting corner on IR (t2) - starting mlb on IR (goff)- 7 corners on IR - forced a safety to play nickel - had to start 3 rookie LB's - played a MLB off the couch and his D was only very good against make that GREAT against falcons - packers - 9ers and Patriots and we only won the superbowl - I think now is the perfect time to question him.

Comment

Same here, I don't trust him at all

He will at times call a tremendous game every blue moon or so (vs houston, philly, atl) but for the most part isnt very special. I don't think he has a great understanding/feel for his talent and will put players in a position to fail, not perform to the best of their ability, or unable to maximize their talents best.

His adjustments are pretty crappy. Will at times mix it up but for the most part is a stubborn play caller.

Dislike him... defense gets on despite him

Comment

This place is amazing ,if you critic gilbride you are a loser no nothing because we just won a sb. but yet a lot of you can get on fewell.

i dont get the logic .

Comment

Do I trust Fewell?? Hmmm---maybe with a healthy defense and a full offseason of mini-camps, OTAs, training camp and preseason for the rookies and 2nd yr guys, our defense will build upon their late season success in 2011.

The main thing is that Coughlin and the players trust and believe in Fewell.

Comment

Working...
                              X