• Show
Clear All

• Giants receive 4th round compensatory pick

Nice!!!

Re: Giants receive 4th round compensatory pick

For what, who?

Comment

For losing Smith, Boss, and Cofield in FA and pretty much only bringing in Baas.

Comment

nice but i thought we were getting a later round comp pick as well.

do we have our 7th rounder or MIN HAS IT
        ?

Comment

Seriously...if you can't afford to resign your own players the league throws you a bone? Nice.
          My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

The thing that sucks this year is that Manningham and Ross didnt get the money I thought they would. The Giants will miss out getting a good pick next year for losing them

Comment

Im surprised though they didnt get 2 picks. They signed 3 players and lost 1 I thought. Figured they would get a 7th as well

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Im surprised though they didnt get 2 picks. They signed 3 players and lost 1 I thought. Figured they would get a 7th as well[/quote] There counting Weaherford as our 2nd player added with Baas.. Who cares, at least its a 4th and not a 5th.. I'm freaking stoked!

Comment

[quote user="deekay7685"]nice but i thought we were getting a later round comp pick as well.

do we have our 7th rounder or MIN HAS IT
                  ?[/quote]
                  No, Smith hardly played and Boss didn't play that much and had low production. We also signed Weatherford, who did very well.

As far as I know it has yet to be determined if we'll lose the 7th round pick to Minnesota from the Rosenfels/Reynaud trade.

Seeing as neither is still on the roster, I'd imagine the conditions haven't been met for us to give up our selection.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]The thing that sucks this year is that Manningham and Ross didnt get the money I thought they would. The Giants will miss out getting a good pick next year for losing them[/quote]
                    Doesn't production also tie into it along with their new contracts?

Comment

Wow a 4th! That IS good news.

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]Seeing as neither is still on the roster, I'd imagine the conditions haven't been met for us to give up our selection.[/quote]

Precisely. These guys didn't even make the roster in 2011 therefore the conditions (which were never released but speculated) were not met.

Comment

4th rd is great. As far as a 7th goes no big deal just add a another UDFA.

Comment

Better than what I anticipated.

Comment

The NFL announced its compensatory picks on Monday and the Giants received a fourth-rounder (131st overall) for “losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year,” according to NFL.com. The Giants lost TE Kevin Boss, DT Barry Cofield and WR Steve Smith last year while adding C David Baas and P Steve Weatherford.

I dont think anyone really knows how this comp pick stuff works.

"losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquies in the previous year."

What the hell does that mean? Who decides that? Isnt that subjective? Is this Goddel controling the NFL again?

Im happy with a 4th, but not sure how it all works.

Sooo, now I need to add another 4th round mock pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X