Is Eli Elite?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Eli Elite?

I have the golden opportunity to write a persuasive essay for one of my classes here at college, in West Chester, PA (eagle's central). We went around the room telling our teacher what we were going to write about, and I said my topic was "Is Eli Elite?," which received a unanimously resounding "no" from the class. We are going to present the papers in class, so I'm really trying to shut all the "no's" up, make them HAVE to agree with me that he is elite, which he obviously is of course.

SO, If anyone could throw out stats, or websites, or any information I could use in order to help "persuade" these stupid fans it would be much appreciated. I'm talking deeper than 2 SB's, 2 SB MVP's, etc.

(im not asking for someone to write my paper, jus help me come up with some facts to support my case)

Re: Is Eli Elite?

Oh thought you were asking
    "Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Comment

?

Comment

6th all time for passing yards in a single season...first all time for most 4th quarter touchdowns...all i can think of off top of my head

Comment

watch this video. Tells you some records he has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1JCM...eature=mh_lolz

Comment

[quote user="NYFan221"]I have the golden opportunity to write a persuasive essay for one of my classes here at college, in West Chester, PA (eagle's central). We went around the room telling our teacher what we were going to write about, and I said my topic was "Is Eli Elite?," which received a unanimously resounding "no" from the class. We are going to present the papers in class, so I'm really trying to shut all the "no's" up, make them HAVE to agree with me that he is elite, which he obviously is of course.

SO, If anyone could throw out stats, or websites, or any information I could use in order to help "persuade" these stupid fans it would be much appreciated. I'm talking deeper than 2 SB's, 2 SB MVP's, etc.

(im not asking for someone to write my paper, jus help me come up with some facts to support my case)
            [/quote]

dude....

the internet is FILLED with stats and other info.

Do the reasearch...thats part of writing ......

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...layer=MannEl00

A listing of Eli's fourth quarter comebacks. Compare those numbers to the "elite" and I'm sure it will just how clutch Eli really is.

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="NYFan221"]I have the golden opportunity to write a persuasive essay for one of my classes here at college, in West Chester, PA (eagle's central). We went around the room telling our teacher what we were going to write about, and I said my topic was "Is Eli Elite?," which received a unanimously resounding "no" from the class. We are going to present the papers in class, so I'm really trying to shut all the "no's" up, make them HAVE to agree with me that he is elite, which he obviously is of course.

[/quote]

dude....

[/quote]

this message board can be considered a resource on anything giants, since almost all of it's members are knowledgable about this team. so shut it :P

Comment

[/quote]

To answer the question simply it is yes. 4th QTR comebacks are what this kid does and without the numbers in from of me he probably wins 80%-85% of games when tied or down by 1 score in the last 5 mins.

From a strategy standpoint if your professor is an Eagles fan then change your topic. In my experience college professors grade more harshly when they don't agree with you. While I never experienced it in sports I have seen it when it comes to other feverish topics like politics, religion or morality.

Comment

[*]He holds the single season record for 4Q TD passes at 15, passing Johnny U and Peyton.[*]He is one of only a handful of QBs to have thrown for at least 3k yards and 20 TDs in 7 consecutive seasons.[*]Granted, this is old (only current through the '09-'10 season), but Eli had the highest Adjusted Comeback Efficiency Rating. Link[*]Joins HoFers Bart Starr (2), Terry Bradshaw (2), Joe Montana (3), and current, and likely first ballot HoFer, QB Tom Brady (2) as only QBs with multiple Super Bowl MVP awards. [*]Runs a "check with me" type offense, where he calls at least 2 plays in the huddle and checks into the one he believes is best dependent upon defensive alignment. Also has total audible control at the line of scrimmage.[*]Runs one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL. Is required to make presnap reads to check into a play (see above), sets protections for the linemen. On passing plays, both he and the WRs must read the defense as the routes may adjust at several different points dependent upon how the defense is playing the WRs.[*]Only one of two QBs to lead 2 come from behind TD drives in the 4Q of a SB ('07). The other being Joe Montana.[*]His numbers since becoming a full season starter stack up against those of other elite QBs, such as Brees, Brady, and Peyton at similar points in their careers. I don't have the numbers on hand anymore, but you can easily add it up by going to nfl.com or espn.com and looking up their stats.[/list]

If I can think of more, I'll come back and post them.

Comment

[quote user="GameTime"]

[/quote]

dude....

[/quote]
                      Isn't this the internet? []

Comment

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...pgl_finder.cgi

Here is the URL to run queries. I ran a few for example:

http://pfref.com/tiny/LnK9E

In multiple seasons, from 1970 to 2011, in the NFL, in the regular season and playoffs, QB credited with 4th quarter comeback, QB credited with game-winning drive, is active, not a member of the Hall of Fame, sorted by most games matching criteria.

Eli is #4 in active players. He's #15 if you include retired and hall of fame players from 1970.

Oh by the way. He's still has PLENTY of football ahead of him.

Comment

You are going to have to define, as part of your dictation an arbitrary term.

You are going to have to put a stamp on exactly what qualifies "Elite" and then showing how Eli is within that is the second step.

It isn't enough to just throw factoids and then say that A+B+C = Elite

Comment

This thread was dead after the Dallas, 49er, Packer, Patriot domintation.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

[quote user="Drez"]

• He holds the single season record for 4Q TD passes at 15, passing Johnny U and Peyton.
                              • He is one of only a handful of QBs to have thrown for at least 3k yards and 20 TDs in 7 consecutive seasons.
                              • Granted, this is old (only current through the '09-'10 season), but Eli had the highest Adjusted Comeback Efficiency Rating. Link
                              • Joins HoFers Bart Starr (2), Terry Bradshaw (2), Joe Montana (3), and current, and likely first ballot HoFer, QB Tom Brady (2) as only QBs with multiple Super Bowl MVP awards.

• Runs a "check with me" type offense, where he calls at least 2 plays in the huddle and checks into the one he believes is best dependent upon defensive alignment. Also has total audible control at the line of scrimmage.
                              • Runs one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL. Is required to make presnap reads to check into a play (see above), sets protections for the linemen. On passing plays, both he and the WRs must read the defense as the routes may adjust at several different points dependent upon how the defense is playing the WRs.
                              • Only one of two QBs to lead 2 come from behind TD drives in the 4Q of a SB ('07). The other being Joe Montana.
                              • His numbers since becoming a full season starter stack up against those of other elite QBs, such as Brees, Brady, and Peyton at similar points in their careers. I don't have the numbers on hand anymore, but you can easily add it up by going to nfl.com or espn.com and looking up their stats.
                              • [/list]

If I can think of more, I'll come back and post them.

[/quote]

This

Comment

Working...
                              X