Manning to the Skins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning to the Skins?

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes the Colts can indeed trade Peyton Manning if they get Manning to rework his $28 million option bonus.

"There are a lot of ways to get around this, but clearly re-doing the contract is the first step," said Lombardi, a former NFL GM. Manning's $28 million option is due right around the start of the new league year, so the Colts will need quick cooperation from both Peyton and another team in order to pull this off, particularly if Manning won't delay the payment. Lombardi suspects the Colts will try to trade him out of the conference to an NFC team, suggesting the Redskins. "Lot of money, lot of availability," said Lombardi. "And oh, by the way, they really need a quarterback badly. They need a signature face on their franchise."

That would make the Skins 100 x better.. Anyone think it will happen?

ALL IN!

sigpic

Re: Manning to the Skins?

I don't think Archie wants them in the same division.

But I think it would be weird. Can't see it.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Wait..... is this serious? I never paid any attention to manning being traded rumors before but this seems thought out. I mean what if Luck busts?

Comment

Yea that would SUCK lol.... I have no problem if he was in the same Conference but not in our division.

Imagine if he was, how crazy would the manning hype be especially if it happened twice a year for another 3-4 yrs.
        Peace,
        DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]I don't think Archie wants them in the same division. But I think it would be weird. Can't see it.[/quote]

since you mentioned it, Archie may be the final decider on this issue. lol

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]I don't think Archie wants them in the same division. But I think it would be weird. Can't see it.[/quote]

It would be odd to see him in anything other then Colt blue.

But there has been numerous times in thehistory of the NFL an all-time qb plays for another franchise at the end of there career.

Ex. Joe Montana, Joe Namath, Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue1971"]

since you mentioned it, Archie may be the final decider on this issue. lol

[/quote]

Be sad if a grown man cant go play somewhere because of his Dad..lol

ALL IN!

sigpic

Comment

Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decade

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decade[/quote]Disagree (that is if he is healthy). If he is healthy he can easily play 3-5 more years, and his ability will still be there.

Not to mention the skins have a good defense. There biggest issue would be Wrs, which they can fix asap, and they could easily sell players to come and play w/Peyton for 3-5 years.
                  Peace,
                  DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Peyton would hold all the cards to his destination.I doubt he would restructure to get sent to play for Dan Snyder

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decade[/quote]

Be another bad move for the DeadSkins.......They won't be any good until Snyder is out of the equation.

Comment

[quote user="Tuckit91"]

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi believes the Colts can indeed trade Peyton Manning if they get Manning to rework his $28 million option bonus.

"There are a lot of ways to get around this, but clearly re-doing the contract is the first step," said Lombardi, a former NFL GM. Manning's $28 million option is due right around the start of the new league year, so the Colts will need quick cooperation from both Peyton and another team in order to pull this off, particularly if Manning won't delay the payment. Lombardi suspects the Colts will try to trade him out of the conference to an NFC team, suggesting the Redskins. "Lot of money, lot of availability," said Lombardi. "And oh, by the way, they really need a quarterback badly. They need a signature face on their franchise."

That would make the Skins 100 x better.. Anyone think it will happen?

[/quote]

I'll believe it when I see it. Which is never, because this is not happening.

Although from a football prospective, it's sad to say but wouldn't you rather play for the Redskins than the Colts right now?

Comment

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Let them do it they will trade 4 first rounders for damaged goods and it will set them back half a decade[/quote]Disagree (that is if he is healthy). If he is healthy he can easily play 3-5 more years, and his ability will still be there. Not to mention the skins have a good defense. There biggest issue would be Wrs, which they can fix asap, and they could easily sell players to come and play w/Peyton for 3-5 years.[/quote]

Even though I think Peyton could play another few years if he actually get's back to 100%, I don't know if the Skins would be in play for him. They just have too many holes on their team to give up the number of picks/players that the Colts would likely want.

But, then again, as the Colts have proven this season, Peyton is the type of player that covers up a lot of holes.

Comment

The Colts are vastly over thinking all this.

Step 1: Draft Luck

Step 2: Have Manning be the starter another 2 years so Luck can study under him

Step 3: Profit

Comment

[quote user="TopleyBird"]The Colts are vastly over thinking all this.

Step 1: Draft Luck

Step 2: Have Manning be the starter another 2 years so Luck can study under him

Step 3: Profit
                              [/quote]
                              You're nuts if you think Luck isn't going to be a starter in his first 2 years

Comment

Working...
                              X