X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs contract terms

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giants...M8q549nSX6zQgI

Re: Jacobs contract terms

So it looks like he turned down $1.5M from us for a "chance" to earn $2M with the 49ers . . . .

Comment

At least he got what he wanted...I think it was more out of pride then the actual 500k.

Regardless...Much luck to him but I'm ready to move on.
      "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick..

Comment

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]So it looks like he turned down $1.5M from us for a "chance" to earn $2M with the 49ers . . . .[/quote]

Yep! sometimes athletes don't know what their really worth. Look at the MM signing. He wanted a chance to be a #1 receiver and the money that goes with it. And now Jacobs. Hell the people ont his board could of told them what they would get LOL

Comment

[quote user="JesseJames"]with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick..[/quote]

Osi for James Stewart sounds good to me. They're both on the last year of their contract, It's a wash

Comment

[quote user="Blue-in-Miami"][quote user="JesseJames"]with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick..[/quote]

Osi for James Stewart sounds good to me. They're both on the last year of their contract, It's a wash[/quote]

James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97. Was great in that Wonderful Life movie though....Johnathan Stewart, on the other hand, is intriguing. I'd be willing to give up Osi, but not Staight up...Osi>Stewart, therefore we should get more.
              Osi for JS+?

Comment

[quote user="redbeardxxv"][quote user="Blue-in-Miami"][quote user="JesseJames"]with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick..[/quote]

Osi for James Stewart sounds good to me. They're both on the last year of their contract, It's a wash[/quote]

James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97. Was great in that Wonderful Life movie though....Johnathan Stewart, on the other hand, is intriguing. I'd be willing to give up Osi, but not Staight up...Osi>Stewart, therefore we should get more.
                Osi for JS+?[/quote]

LOL

Comment

no way we trade Osi straight up for Jonathan Stewart. Only way that trade would work is if Stewart signed an extension with us, plus maybe a 3rd or 4th round draft pick from the Panthers

Comment

you dont trade for a running back when you can get that production with a draft pick or a low cost f/a..put the money into improving the offensive line..not a rb who has mileage on him

Comment

[quote user="redbeardxxv"][quote user="Blue-in-Miami"][quote user="JesseJames"]with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick..[/quote]

Osi for JS+?[/quote]

HaHa redbeard. actually I had a brain fart when refering to the former U of M back James Stewart instead of Jonathan S.

Comment

[quote user="redbeardxxv"][quote user="Blue-in-Miami"][quote user="JesseJames"]with the Brandon era now over it looks like when one door closes another opens so I'm sure another RB will be coming in to replace him, I'm thinking it will be a FA so we can depend on him this year and not have to wait for the rookie mistakes to clear up with a draft pick..[/quote] Osi for James Stewart sounds good to me. They're both on the last year of their contract, It's a wash[/quote] James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97. Was great in that Wonderful Life movie though....Johnathan Stewart, on the other hand, is intriguing. I'd be willing to give up Osi, but not Staight up...Osi>Stewart, therefore we should get more. Osi for JS+?[/quote]

I loved him in "Mr Smith goes to Washington". "Its a Wonderful Life" is way overrated.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]
                          James Stewart hasn't been the same since he died in '97.[/quote]

lmao, wasn't expecting that

Comment

I was ready for him to move on

Comment

Sounds like his pride was hurt. Enough to take on another back up role.

Comment

Working...
                              X