• Devin Thomas signs with Bears

Bust as a receiver, but key special teams guy for us

SOURCE:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2564456.story

Re: Devin Thomas signs with Bears

welp

Comment

***. I'm getting pissed off. Thomas was great on special teams and can definitely play the #3.

Comment

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]WTF. I'm getting pissed off. Thomas was great on special teams and can definitely play the #3.[/quote]

You're pissed off by the loss of Devin Thomas??? lol

Comment

So does this mean Justin Tryon is the new gunner?

Devin had so much team value...gunner, wr, returner. He only got a 1yr deal so I know it's not much. Wondering why the Giants let him go.
          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Clearly the Bears signed him so that Thomas can spill the beans on our special teams schemes so that Devin Hester can get more punt return touchdowns.

Comment

[quote user="King Sully"]Bust as a receiver, but key special teams guy for us

SOURCE:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2564456.story[/quote]Very good ST player for us. I think he might of had a chance this year to show up if he has ability. Problem was he had no QB in Wash, and in NY we were so deep he couldn't get a realistic chance.

Maybe he will show something in Chicago. They only have Marshall now so he may have a shot at it. Jay is a good QB. If he didn't get injured and with that run game and defense they would have been in as the possible other wild card.
              Peace,
              DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

Kind of sad to lose a player who played such a key role on ST last year.

I was hoping Thomas would get some PT at the 4th WR or maybe battle for the 3rd role.

Thomas clearly has good physical skills but with Hixon back, it looks like he became expendable.

Comment

a little surprised and a little disappointed, but hey its business.

He was valuable on ST and I too thought he could contribute more at WR this year, since Manningham was signed by San Fran.

But time for Jernigan to step up this year. And of course, the Giants may have their eyes on a few WR options somewhere in the draft.

Comment

Thats actually the only free agent loss I'm disappointed in so far

Comment

[quote user="Axels15"]Thats actually the only free agent loss I'm disappointed in so far[/quote]
                      Same here. I thought he'd be back.

Comment

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]***. I'm getting pissed off. Thomas was great on special teams and can definitely play the #3.[/quote]

On what do you base his being able to play "#3"?
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

What a shame, we lost a special team player who is once again going to be a back-up receiver and if he is fast enough, will be a gunner for them on ST.
                          "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Comment

Giants were likely only willing to pay him special team money if they were even trying to bring him back. Bears likely offered him special team/wide receiver money. He was valuable on special teams for us but he isn't irreplaceable.

Comment

I hope he has a great career. He was big in the postseason for us. I will always remember what he did in SF.

Comment

Working...
                              X