Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballard TE of the future or one year wonder??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballard TE of the future or one year wonder??

Who thinks Ballard can be our TE of the future, or is he benefitting from no one really paying attention to him and having a good year because of that. I personally love the guy, but I think after this season if he continues to play well, and teams start game planning to include him, he is NOT our answer long term. Just my opinion. Just dont think he has the athletic ability needed...

Re: Ballard TE of the future or one year wonder??

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]Who thinks Ballard can be our TE of the future, or is he benefitting from no one really paying attention to him and having a good year because of that. I personally love the guy, but I think after this season if he continues to play well, and teams start game planning to include him, he is NOT our answer long term. Just my opinion. Just dont think he has the athletic ability needed...[/quote]

I do, he is a 2nd year player. He is showing great promise for a young player. He'll come into his own
    They said Brady and the Patriots couldn't be beat, Eli did it twice, how's that for Elite?

Comment

Big target, soft hands, tough, runs good routes.

Could careless about "athleticism." He catches almost everything thrown at him and always picks up extra yardage in open space.

I like him.

Comment

[quote user="Itlan"]Big target, soft hands, tough, runs good routes.

Could careless about "athleticism." He catches almost everything thrown at him and always picks up extra yardage in open space.

I like him.[/quote]

Oh I LOVE the guy, but I think his slow, slow speed is going to catch up with him. I know in one of the Giants games this year they said he runs like slowest 40 for any TE in the league!!

And he certainly doesn't catch almost EVERYTHING throw at him, he actually tends to make a lot of difficult cayches but drop a lot of easy ones.

I certainly think he will be in the running for our future TE, but whether he will continue to play this way next year, and solidify that spot, we will see. Also need to work on his blocking and his route-running.

Comment

hes a keeper

You guys are forgetting his biggest asset.........his size

The guy is long and huge

Comment

No, he's not a household name, but everyone who is playing the Giants knows about him. He's not being ignored. He hasn't played quite as well as he did at the beginning of the year, but he's still pretty good. I'd say he is better than Boss. Plus, he can improve with more experience, especially blocking.

Do not feed the trolls.

Comment

He will be a Giant for at least a couple of more years. Eli has so many targets ans that will be to all the receivers advantage. Also in the hopes the Giants get their running game back that will only help the TE position as well.

He is a good solid receiver

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Definitely on board with our TE. Jake is the real deal, He can catch and block.

Comment

Depends on who the coach and OC is next year. If they want a seam strecthing TE then he probably wont be the starter

Comment

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]Who thinks Ballard can be our TE of the future, or is he benefitting from no one really paying attention to him and having a good year because of that. I personally love the guy, but I think after this season if he continues to play well, and teams start game planning to include him, he is NOT our answer long term. Just my opinion. Just dont think he has the athletic ability needed...[/quote]

He's a servicable Tight End ... no more and no less.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Depends on who the coach and OC is next year. If they want a seam strecthing TE then he probably wont be the starter[/quote]

I thought our " One Play Wonder " was our stretch the seam TE ?

Comment

[quote user="BParcells777"]

hes a keeper

You guys are forgetting his biggest asset.........his size

The guy is long and huge

[/quote]

...That's what she said.

Seriously, I think Ballard can be a keeper going forward. He runs great routs and (usually) has great hands. He's also "sneaky athletic"; IMO he lulls DB's to sleep and defenses just forget about him, but he's got the short area quickness to make a move and just incredible leaping ability.

Also: its nice having a TE that can get an extra 5 yards with 2 DB's and a linebacker hanging off of him, while running over another.

I would certainly like another TE, such as Dwayne Allen, who is more of a 'modern' TE. The two would complement each other well.

Comment

He'll be the TE on this team for years to come barring any major injuries.......he's versatile.....whereas in the past if that #47 guy came in it was most likely a pass play and if Pascoe came in it was most likely a run........with Ballard at TE it could be either.......once he cleans up his blocking technique and the O-line is finally set would love to see him and Pascoe in 2 TE sets.....

I'm all for D'strying to key in on him leaves less guys in coverage for Nicks, Cruz and company......

This offense has the "potential" to be one of the most dangerous in the league for years to come.......especially if Bradshaw can get healthy and Scott comes into his own and is utilized properly.

Comment

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Depends on who the coach and OC is next year. If they want a seam strecthing TE then he probably wont be the starter[/quote]

I thought our " One Play Wonder " was our stretch the seam TE ?

[/quote] In a different offense who knows he might be better. The one thing about Ballard is his catch rate has dropped significantly since the bye. He was the efficent receiver in the NFL when the Giants went into the bye.Since his catch rate has dropped 26% from 88.2% to 62%

http://draftbreakdown.com/udfa-jake-...ctations-in-nyI wrote this at the bye

Ballard had 15 catches in 17 targets for 273 yards 16.05

Since Ballard 18 catches 36 Targets 264 yards yards per target 7.3

Since the NE game defenses have started to pay more attention the numbers have gotten much worse

Comment

[quote user="BBlueSince82"][quote user="Itlan"]Big target, soft hands, tough, runs good routes.

I like him.[/quote]

Oh I LOVE the guy, but I think his slow, slow speed is going to catch up with him. I know in one of the Giants games this year they said he runs like slowest 40 for any TE in the league!!

And he certainly doesn't catch almost EVERYTHING throw at him, he actually tends to make a lot of difficult cayches but drop a lot of easy ones.

I certainly think he will be in the running for our future TE, but whether he will continue to play this way next year, and solidify that spot, we will see. Also need to work on his blocking and his route-running.[/quote]

This isn't Madden, speed does not matter that much, you think Jason Witten is a blazer? Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 coming out of college, but would you want him or Ted Ginn Jr.?
                              Originally posted by PennState1
                              In and around the end zone and on crucial plays, the ball should go to one of our 3 receivers and no one else if at all possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X